Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Story surgery on Feb 23rd 2016, post op 381, today 219.

Super inspiring! My surgery is scheduled for November 18, and I am counting down the days. I have also wondered about how to deal with what I call "trigger" foods - bread, Pasta, rice, sugar - and like your idea of not introducing them back into your diet post-surgery. Thank you for the inspiring and informative post!!

It really warms my heart if I have had any impact... So first, the scar came because I started coaching early and tore my incision, but I did have the sleeve. Lol. I was so excited and motivated to be the skinny guy inside, I started right away and never looked back. So, 3 weeks after surgery, I was throwing cutoff drills at my sons practice, and tore the glue of the incision. I kept it clean, but didn't go to the doc till my next appointment, hence... I have a reminder. I love it, I want a reminder :)

For me, at 38 and happily married, it has been about being more to my family. I just want to be the best version of myself. Now I am in a frame of mind that keeps me happy. I am going to be working on a list of Snacks, and foods that I call the " feel goods". Please share with me yours as you move along your Quest. I am very happy with my decision to cut out the "Drugs" ( Breads, Pasta, candy bars, etc.) because I know just one can start the Avalanche... I feel great now, not hungry... And I love to go out to dinner, I love the game of looking for what I can eat, and there is always something... You just have to look :) it helps a lot if you enjoy Fish first, and then chicken. We don't need to eat shit! We need to enjoy our lives not the 30 minutes of eating crap. Who's with me... Lol.

You guys all rock! You are inspiring me to document what I have done, let me know if you feel it would be helpful.

Thanks again and be your own coach and inspiration, you deserve it! We all do!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

inspiring me to document what I have done

@@BobScott

"what do you regret", what you wish you had done pre or post-op

the above has often been asked amongst each other

my 3 big regrets

1. didn't take frequent before/during/and after pics

2. didn't take my measurements (tried, never did it right with finding #'s)

hubby even tried (he's very trying!!!! LOL)

3. No Journal has always been my biggest regret

keeping a journal (blog) is very helpful

it's good to be reminded of the "little" things for posterity!!!

can't always rely on your memory

i wish i had kept track of things during this experience

all my NSV's - dates they happened etc

at one year surgiversary, i said i would start a journal (blog)

that was almost 4 years ago!!! never happened :(

@@BobScott

wonderful weight loss/transformation

keep up the good work

please post more often, share the good and bad

and of course all advice is appreciated

kathy

congrats

@@proudgrammy thanks for sharing your regrets...

I have thought about it, and my biggest regret is not following through the other 2 times I started the process. Lol. This was my third attempt at getting the surgery, I had to enlist help from my wife, who is very supportive. She made the appointments this third time, and I knocked out the 8 doctors, and all clearances in 2 months. If I had done this the first time I went in to the doc, i would have had a much better last few years.

To those of you just starting out, don't quit, don't stop going to the doctors, don't give up... You can have an entirely new body and life in less than a year! You just need to do this for YOU!

My next regret would be that I waited until now to talk about it. I find the more people I talk to, the more I may be helping. My uncle who gave me crap about getting the surgery just asked me for the surgeons info for a friend of his. It was the highlight of my day! We do need to pay it forward, and I regret not sharing earlier.

Lastly, I regret not putting away more money to buy Kick Ass clothes... Of the rack! Lol. Of all the things I can now do, buying clothes gives me the most joy. I have many years of hating that experience to make up for... Lol

P.S. Just made one of my Soups, super FG food! 1 lb of cod fish, a bag of frozen carrots, a bag of frozen kale, and a chopped onion. Cayenne pepper, old bay, and chicken broth. Simmer for a couple hours.... Loving it!

Thanks all for reading the post and commenting, it means a lot. We must all be there for each other, we can all do this! I don't want my story to be a success story, I want it to be just Another story! Can't wait to hear all of yours!!!

@@JMill 72 congrats on the rest of your life!!! You will be looking good by the summer, which will be the best of your life! Just stay positive and believe in yourself, I know you will kick butt!

@@LifeRejuvenated congrats on making the steps, don't give up... No matter how long the road can feel, the days will seem like seconds when looking back on them. If you ever need support, it is here for you...

Thanks so much for the love:) We are in this together, as no one really understands the things we have gone through unless you have walked a few miles in our very large and stretched out shoes.lol. I am o thrilled with my new life, and wish the same for all of you. Let me know if you want any recipes, or ideas on exercise, or really anything at all :) also, please share high Protein, no carb recipes that "feel good". I am always looking for a new food to add to the list...

I would love recipes. Maybe start a just recipes thread that people could add too.????

Thank you so much @@BobScott! I really appreciate the support! I just received a list of all of my pre- and post-op appointments this morning and am so excited. I also installed a countdown timer on my phone ... 43 days, 20 hours left til surgery!

Edited by JMill 72

What a great post. I love when I can feel the positivity of a person from just reading a post. Congratulations and keep on inspiring us.

I think it is really great how everyone tracks their success, and it is definitely an important part of the process. But, don't get caught up with the Day-in and Day-out weighing and measuring. Once you get to the "Slow Down" period, you will have days that will show you up a pound or two, and then 3 days later, you will be down 5-6 from the original time you looked.

A big part of my success is that i don't have a goal weight anymore. I just want to be healthy! I don't plan on changing anything when i get to a certain weight, so why have a goal that my body may not achieve? I love seeing the scale be lower, but i really like seeing pictures of me change from month to month.

The most important thing is to make sure that you are burning more than you are putting in, if you stick to that, you will continue to lose.... its just a simple math equation. My goal is to change my lifestyle to include more activities allowing me to have a higher Caloric allowance as time goes on.

Do you have an activity that you can do that is fun and burns calories? If you are like me, the fact that i can now walk without sweating is pretty awesome! I start thinking, what else can i do? Be Peter Parker the first day he realizes he has special powers... Push yourself to find your inner athlete, no matter what it is! Go Dance, Go Run, Go be the person that you are going to be... It will happen fast, and you will not notice the lose as much as others... But it will be your victory all the same!

I got on the scale today, and i am up 2 lbs, now at 221... Just gives me a reason to push myself to go for a nice brisk walk tonight :)

@@Lucky2Lose Ahhh... Don't you go crying now... lol :) I appreciate it very much. I am very happy for all the years that i was a big boy. It taught me to be kind, and look deeper than the outer layer.

I am excited for the future for all of us... :)