Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ladies : Did any of had your period during surgery?

Thank you for asking I'm in the same boat and my date for surgery is 10/29

I'm 4 the New me! !

I has the gastric sleeve 9/19 after surgery I got my period didn't even know embarrassing but nurse was nice & supportive & explained it was common. It was off the next day however on Wed Mary was back and has been here since again which I have learned is common. So even if u weren't on your period expect it and expect some changes! Much success????

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

i got my period the day before i had surgery. make sure you bring pads. they do not allow you to wear tampons during surgery. and i know most hate pads but it niches easier in the hospital. it's not a big deal don't stress about that. a little period blood won't freak them out they are going to see your organs lol

i meant it's actually easier* what a strange auto correct lol

Hi ladies,

This is kind of a weird topic but my surgery is scheduled for 10/27/16 and I just got my period a couple of days ago so if I'm as regular as I've always been I'm scheduled to get my period the same day of surgery. Were any of you on your period or got your period while in surgery or in the hospital? How was it handled, what did the doctor or nurses tell you? I'm going to be so uncomfortable I want to cry! Any suggestions for me? Many thanks in advanced!

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I got mine 20 minutes before my surgery started! I asked to run into the bathroom one last time before surgery and...SURPRISE! It was annoying but the staff didn't even blink I guess it's pretty common. If you have ever had a baby they give you basically the same underwear/pads as you get post baby.

Doesn't have any impact on the surgery at all it just wasn't fun afterwards because I did not come out of surgery feeling well at all & it was just another thing I had to deal with...I was feeling very sorry for myself on many fronts! lol but honestly it was fine

Sent from my iPod touch using the BariatricPal App

Yes I'm at hospital right now for my surgery on my monthly they said I may be given something similar to a depend. For now before surgery they told me to keep my bottoms on . I feel kinda embarrassed

Update mesh underwear and pad the nurse just gave me

I hope your surgery when well and you are feeling good! As for the mesh underwear and pad, at least its something. I'm with you about feeling embarrassed! I had 2 kids via csection and believe me, I cringed everytime they wanted to clean me up (tmi) down there...My best wishes for a speedy recovery and a healthy journey!

i got my period the day before i had surgery. make sure you bring pads. they do not allow you to wear tampons during surgery. and i know most hate pads but it niches easier in the hospital. it's not a big deal don't stress about that. a little period blood won't freak them out they are going to see your organs lol

i meant it's actually easier* what a strange auto correct lol

Thanks so much for your reply! I hate pads too, I wear only tampons..I think I might need maternity pads then...flow is heavy. I guess its just embarrassing!

@@AmyD102 Thanks so much! Hopefully my nurses will be as nice as yours! I had 2 csections and some nurses were nice, others not so much..

@@ginabee38 Yep, I need to do the 2 week liquid diet and I'm dreading it..

@@wls Thanks for pointing it out, I can read..and write too! I'm going to need to wake up sometime so that was what I was referring to... Thanks again for your input.

High-five to you for recognizing an @ss when you see one and shutting it down!!

Good luck on your surgery!!

Sent from my SM-N920T using the BariatricPal App

Thanks so much! You know, I guess there are trolls here like everywhere else...never thought tho.

@@AmyD102 Thanks so much! Hopefully my nurses will be as nice as yours! I had 2 csections and some nurses were nice, others not so much..

@@ginabee38 Yep, I need to do the 2 week liquid diet and I'm dreading it..

@@wls Thanks for pointing it out, I can read..and write too! I'm going to need to wake up sometime so that was what I was referring to... Thanks again for your input.

High-five to you for recognizing an @ss when you see one and shutting it down!!

Good luck on your surgery!!

Thanks so much! You know, I guess there are trolls here like everywhere else...never thought tho.

Right....guess the "support" portion of the title support group gets lost in translation lol

As a RN, countless patients experience this from stress as others have mentioned. We don't mind, I feel bad for the patients who have another thing to deal with, I usually joke that at least the pain meds can help with the period cramps too! It may hurt to bend over and use a tampon after abdominal surgery (talking about on the way home), maybe pack smaller pads bc the hospital ones are super huge. I also bring baby wipes (flushable) just to keep fresh, that's my preference. Best of luck to you!