Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have bcbs. They don't cover weight loss surgery. I paid $10,000 out of pocket. So be happy they paid their part.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I paid over 2500 for my preop tests.

Sent from my SM-G900T using the BariatricPal App

I have bcbs. They don't cover weight loss surgery. I paid $10,000 out of pocket. So be happy they paid their part.

It could be worse...

BCBS of FL. They didn't cover wls surgery either. Between my wife's brain tumor surgery in April, all of her normal meds for her lupus, rheumatoid arthritis and Raynaud's disease, all of the copays for all of the doctors visits 4-8 month through June, her regular 2 doctor's visits per month and my Mexican surgery @ $4400 we have spent over 20k this year. Now her neurosurgeon is concerned and wants another MRI and we fully expect to hear that my son needs a set of tubes in his ears.

It could be worse...

BCBS of FL. They didn't cover wls surgery either. Between my wife's brain tumor surgery in April, all of her normal meds for her lupus, rheumatoid arthritis and Raynaud's disease, all of the copays for all of the doctors visits 4-8 month through June, her regular 2 doctor's visits per month and my Mexican surgery @ $4400 we have spent over 20k this year. Now her neurosurgeon is concerned and wants another MRI and we fully expect to hear that my son needs a set of tubes in his ears.

Dang it, I meant to quote the OP and like yours.

I'm glad I found BariatricPal. Even when I'm overthinking there are still nice ppl out here that can keep u focused on the main goal. I'm fussing about bread crumbs and some are paying waaaaay more than me. Humbling. Thanks guys.

I think everyone has to pay- unless they are truly blessed with some bomb insurance-

My husband is active duty military so we have tricare prime ( no co pays) however tricare doesn't cover nutritional appointments so I've paid 125 twice to see the nutritionist at the dr office and that have so kindly let me see the nutritionist st the military hospital for two appointments - so I'll be out of pocket 250 for what is deemed "the best health insurance around "

I completely understand , I had to do the same thing , Im now one year post op And I would do it all over again , congratulations on your upcoming surgery and best wishes

Edited by byebyefat

I didn't pay attention to the total financial tally of my pre-op testing, so I can't relate to that. But I will say that one of the endless required tests revealed an underlying auto immune condition that requires treatment I don't think I would have ever known about otherwise. Probably could have gone decades getting sicker and sicker. They also painted a total picture of the state of my health for which I am grateful. So there are major potential upsides to all the cost and appointments. Just another perspective.

I didn't pay attention to the total financial tally of my pre-op testing, so I can't relate to that. But I will say that one of the endless required tests revealed an underlying auto immune condition that requires treatment I don't think I would have ever known about otherwise. Probably could have gone decades getting sicker and sicker. They also painted a total picture of the state of my health for which I am grateful. So there are major potential upsides to all the cost and appointments. Just another perspective.

me too! it was my pre op testing, specifically a high WBC that revealed an underlying either rather rare auto immune disorder or what they think now is more likely a low grade lymphoma in my abdomen. I would have gone for years with symptoms that I didn't understand, not feeling really well - and who knows if they would have caught the lymphoma in time? now they will watch it and we will know when to do more intensive treatment.

I had Cigna, and I paid $3500 out of pocket :(