Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2016 Fall TV Season

Don't care. Surgery is going to give me an extra 0-50 years and I sure as hell am not going to waste them staring at the idiot box.

Besides, I'm sure a huge portion of the people here can blame a good part of their weight gain on a sedentary idiot-box-watching lifestyle in the first place.

This is awesome advice.... ! You have made want to cut down on my screen time. But will not give up my Walking Dead!!

Edited by ocgirl15

Don't care. Surgery is going to give me an extra 0-50 years and I sure as hell am not going to waste them staring at the idiot box.

Besides, I'm sure a huge portion of the people here can blame a good part of their weight gain on a sedentary idiot-box-watching lifestyle in the first place.

Only idiot I see is ^. You know they make these things called phones, pads, tablets, that allow you to hook up to wifi and watch shows while, on the treadmill etc. they even have them setup on stationary equipment as well as mounted on the wall. Think outside the box.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by nickisleeve

Only idiot I see is ^. You know they make these things called phones, pads, tablets, that allow you to hook up to wifi and watch shows while, on the treadmill etc. they even have them setup on stationary equipment as well as mounted on the wall. Think outside the box.

It's a box for idiots to watch :rolleyes: Doesn't matter if you're watching in front of the box itself or on a proxy device. It's still a passive activity.

Good grief how does every thread get turned into a name calling mess. It's sad. [emoji852]

Some ppl don't know how to keep scrolling if they have nothing positive to say. @@reree6898 this post was about tv shows if he/she doesn't watch tv or doesn't have any shows to add to the thread then they should just stfu and keep scrolling. But that's too much like right.

Some ppl don't know how to keep scrolling if they have nothing positive to say. @@reree6898 this post was about tv shows if he/she doesn't watch tv or doesn't have any shows to add to the thread then they should just stfu and keep scrolling. But that's too much like right.

I agree Nicki.

Some people just need to not comment and move on if they don't have anything positive to contribute to the post.

Let's just ignore that person and move on with our tv shows list haha ^0^

Sent from my LG-H830 using the BariatricPal App

What new shows are you watching this year?

this is us !!!!!!

luv, luv, luv

taped pilot, then second episode

watched both one after the other

Just got an email from Netflix notifying me that the "Detectorists" season 2 is finally here. If you haven't watched it, I highly recommend it. It's an adorable British series about a group of friends in a small village that love metal detecting. Made me want to get one and start hunting!

I really like Speechless - the minnie driver new show - reminds me of her character's attitude on the Riches. Haven't seen the Riches? It was cancelled mid season 2 from Fx nearly 10 years ago- but it is on Netflix and I highly recommend it - It is about a family of "travelers" aka gypsy con artists- who take over another family's life and it is so good - One of the only tv series i have watched more than once..

on another note - I am speechless at that person's comment about the idiot box - I too agree that tv helps me keep interested when working out at home - so if i don't have time for the gym (or skip it intentionally) - I make myself row on my concept 2 for 30 minutes - and I do that while watching a tv show on my ipad on demand - I have a small apt so my rower is behind my couch and not facing the tv. I also use the commercial breaks as a sprint time - so when a commercial starts i row full out and challenge the heart rate. I can admit that before surgery I spent a great amount of my time lounging around and watching tv - because i love both lounging AND tv. I think it is far better that of the two things i loved, I gave up lounging and still watch tv while I am active. I also listen to books when I run - because carrying one and reading was too difficult. ha! I also enjoy the effect it has to make me laugh or empathize or feel emotions, or how it helps me take my mind off of my own stresses and focus on someone else's - hahaha. I also like to listen to live court cases as I go to bed - O.P.P. i guess...

to each his own I say - I am 6 months out and am 15 lbs away from my goal - all due to my lifestyle changes. - To be successful and keep it up consistently this time, i dad to figure out how to fit what gives me joy and happiness into the new healthy lifestyle as opposed to living a horrible, restrictive life like i tried so many times before... and failed :)

I think we are going to relate to Katy Mixon in American Housewife that starts tonight. About being overweight in a neighborhood with neighbors who have perfect bodies.

I really like This is Us.

Pitch - (That hunk of a man is ZACH MORRIS from Saved by the Bell!! )

The Mindy Project (on Hulu)

American Horror Story (FX), The Walking Dead (AMC)

Yes, "The Walking Dead," new season starts this Sunday. I did try "American Horry Story" last night, couldn't do it...the pig heads scared me too much.:-)

Edited by Montana Gal

American housewife is not getting very good reviews - but I like it! I like the actress way back to when she was on mike and molly and I think it is entertaining