Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Flu Season is Coming

This is not really about bariatric surgery but I found it interesting.

Flu season is coming, are you prepared? This article talks about the latest changes in the flu immunization for this year. They now even have a flu shot especially designed for the 65 year old and older crowd called Flaud. FluMist is out this year. There is also an immunization for those allergic to eggs called Flucelvax. Vitamins that I am taking seems to boost my natural immunization. I think this is a shared experience across the community.

I had the flu jab once, about 8 years ago and it was the only year I had 'real' flu.

Never

Ever

Again

I had the flu shot only once when place I worked was pushing hard for everyone to get their flu shot, paid for by the company. I have never gotten the flu. Not once.

Even with the shot, you are not 100% covered from all strains, as they only pick the 2 or 3 strains that seem to be "trending" that season.

I think if you are susceptible to flu, it might be a good idea to get the shot as a precaution against the most common strains, but if not, why bother?

I get a flu shot every year, 1) for my health, 2) for the health of some of my friends who have immune issues, and 3) for the health of the legions of old farts I encounter while cruising.

My PCP asked that I get this year's immunization before surgery, so that it will be effective in the recovery period. Also, she recommended a pneumonia vaccination for the same reason.

"When all is said and done, usually more has been said than done. "

I get it every year. I have 3 young kids, and I don't want to bring them anything home that will make them sick.

P.S. I work in the hospital.

Note to self: I don't have to take this day all at once but rather one step, one breath and one moment at a time. I am only one person.

I got mine yesterday. I believe in herd immunity. I also work at a university. That stuff spreads like wildfire through our students, faculty, and staff when it gets started so the more I can do to prevent it, the better.

pam

Got my flu shot 3 weeks ago! I have never gotten sick (in 2 years post surgery) and I dont want to start now!

Thanks for posting!

The flu vaccine is very toxic it has mercury in it & a lot of bad stuff, in fact 1 of the side effects of the flu shot is getting the flu just ask your dreams the package insert! It's just propaganda

Ahhh, another fact-resistant human. They're breeding like roaches.

I always get mine. My husband is immuno suppressed. Everyone in the family gets them.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

The flu vaccine is very toxic it has mercury in it & a lot of bad stuff, in fact 1 of the side effects of the flu shot is getting the flu just ask your dreams the package insert! It's just propaganda

Sent from my SM-T810 using the BariatricPal App

#dr

Actually, this is incorrect.

#dr

I understand people being afraid of mercury, it is a toxic element.

However ethyl mercury, which is found in tiny amounts in some vaccines, is NOT mercury. It chemical make up is different and acts differently in the body.

If one chooses not to get a flu shot, that is their choice. As for me, I'm all about them.

Got the Flu and Pnemonia shots last week. Came down with the flu the next day, I have awesome luck. I know that the shots are a non-active version of the latest predicted virus (didn't cause it). I was lucky enough to be incubating the rotten bastard of a bug at the time I got the shots.