Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Disappointed in myself

Good evening everyone. I've been on my liquid diet since last Monday and I have not consumed anything besides what's allowed..except for tonight ????. I'm so ashamed and disgusted in myself. I had a small fries and 1.5 mcdoubles from McDonald's. I honestly don't know what came over me. I've had so much self control up until this point.

Has anyone ever gone off their liquid diet 6 days out from surgery? If so, did your surgery go according to schedule? I'm nervous because I don't want the burger and fries to negate all of my hard work this past week.

I was looking at my test results from my abdominal sonogram and they said "LIVER: The liver is normal in size and echogenicity. No focal lesions are identified. No evidence of fatty infiltration of the liver."

Now, based on those exact words, I would think that that means my liver wasn't/isn't enlarged nor fatty..?

I just hope I didn't sabotage everything!

Don't be too hard on yourself. Pick yourself up and finish strong. Definately don't eat anything in the 48 hours,before. I slipped up before surgery. I felt bad, I fussed about it and then I moved forward. If you dwell, you can sabotage yourself. Hang in there!

Sent from my SM-G935V using the BariatricPal App

@@KristenLe thank you for your words of encouragement! @@busybeebug thank you for your words of encouragement as well! Did you tell your surgeon about you slipping up? I felt extremely guilty so I called my patient liaison and left her a message telling her what I did.

I can't help but laugh as my surgeon said he found a hamburger in a stomach so what we ate he would find. I was scared he would find pizza in my stomach!

Don't be so hard. 6 days out you have time to get back on track and finish the preop diet strong. We all mess up and make mistakes. The only thing we can do is acknowledge it and move on! Congrats on your upcoming surgery :)

Sent from my VS880PP using the BariatricPal App

@@KristenLe I felt/feel so guilty that I had to call and tell her. I called twice actually and left 2 messages lol. I'm gonna call again at when she gets in the morning at 10 because I'm gonna be thinking about it all day.

@ that's funny! I take it you had pizza during your pre op diet? If so, did you tell your surgeon and/or what happened?

@@kyboo1972 thank you for your encouraging words! I plan on finishing this last week strong.

Honestly I did not have pizza pre-op! It was three years ago, and I know I ate something but can't remember what! Probably a candy bar lol!

@ did you mention that you ate something to your surgeon? @@Deja007 when is your surgery? Do you plan on telling your surgeon that you are something? That's my biggest concern..that I told them and they won't do the surgery. I figured I'd be honest but I hope I didn't shoot myself in the foot by doing that.

I only had to be on liquids for 1 week and everything was ok. My BMI was 50 preop. You will be fine if you stay on liquids from now on.

Note to self: I don't have to take this day all at once but rather one step, one breath and one moment at a time. I am only one person.

@ did you mention that you ate something to your surgeon? @@Deja007 when is your surgery? Do you plan on telling your surgeon that you are something? That's my biggest concern..that I told them and they won't do the surgery. I figured I'd be honest but I hope I didn't shoot myself in the foot by doing that.

Actually I cannot remember that far back, three years, but I am assuming that I took a bite of something! But since my husband and I were sleeved together we were accountable to each other and we are always side by side, retired.

I just wanted to update you guys! I finally got in touch with the bariatric coordinator for my surgeon's office and she told me that we can still go ahead with my surgery on Monday! I was so scared that it would have been postponed. After my slip up, I've stuck to the liquid diet meticulously. I can't wait!