Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

well iam back

Guest tman4071

Guest tman4071

banding date dec 8 at 1:30p.m.

dismissed from the hosp on dec 9 at 1:15 p.m.

the night after surgery , honestly it felt like he never even did anything .

the next morning a little sore but nothing like i was thinking it was going to be.

so far piece of cake (oh sorry ). thanks for all the support and will post more down the road.

tim

do i start the Protein Drinks now?

thanks

hi,

glad everything went well, as far as the Protein, question, only your doctor , can answer that one , cause , he has to make sure , your ok, feel better, and best of health to you,

margie,

--------------------------------------

margie

295/258/140gol

ny. ny.

dr. texiria, montieforie hosptial

4/5/04 band

YOUR NEW JOURNEY IN LIFE HAS JUST BEGUN, PUT ON YOUR SNEAKERS, AND RUN ,TO LOSE.....

Welcome back Tim and congrats! So glad everything went so smoothly and that you are feeling good! As far as the Protein shakes... I agree with the posts above... every doctor has a preferred plan for progression of diet. My Doc had me on Clear liquids for two days and then I progressed to full liquids with the Protein Shakes. Good luck with your new band!

Darcy

Yep. I bet you have some paperwork somewhere that lays out your diet for the next few weeks. :D So glad all is well and you are home and resting. Be sure to walk, walk, walk, drink, drink, drink and walk some more. :) Let us know how it's going for you!

Congrats, Tim. I, too, was expecting it to be much worse. Perhaps medical science has made great strides since I last had a surgery. My PCP says it is much less painful post op with a skillful surgeon. I dunno.

Tim and Ryan, I am sure hoping to be posting the same type of victorious, pain-free story by Thursday of next week. My surgery is Wednesday at 7:30 a.m., so I have to be there at 5:30. A couple days ago I had to go in for some blood work and I asked the surgeon's staff at the front desk (in a serious tone) that since I had to be at the hospital so early and I live an hour away - I will most likely get very little sleep the night before, could he do some work on my face to minimize the bags that will be under my eyes. They just looked at me and for a minute didn't know what to say. I had to laugh and say, oh come on, I am only partially kidding. I was thinking I would be under anesthesia and why not make the most of the time in the operating room. Then they laughed and said, sign me up too. HA.

Now, I am getting nervous and hoping that Ryan's experience will hold true for me too. I hope it is not just a guy thing. :D I am encouraged with all the posts of people sharing that it is not too bad and some even saying, no big deal. I want to say that too.

Congrats on your new band, Tim; I wish you continued success and painless healing. My surgeon's team has very specific after surgery food plans. I agree with all the beautiful people here that encourage you to follow their lead.

Take care, Theresa Marie

Therese,

I hope your surgury goes well. I know I posted that I was in alot of pain but I later found out that the discharging doctor prescribed a low dose of pain meds for me. As a result I had a lot of pain and had a gall bladder removal as well. SO between the two it is not the norm.

I am feeling better and I am getting around pretty well. I have lost 30 pounds since I came home and am hoping to get better soon. So good luck and I with pray that you have the perfect experience and that it easy for you.

Melanie

Theresa, I tried that with my surgeon as well, I told him it would be a nice surprise to wake up and find these droopy eye lids gone, he laughed...didn't work, still got em.