Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie here! 6 mo P/O and Pregnant!

I do wish I had waited sometimes. Only because I haven't lost anymore weight since I became pregnant. I'm the same weight. Kinda discouraging but at least I haven't gained.

Mine was also a surprise, as previously mentioned. I still wanted to lose anywhere between 7 and 15 lbs more. I'm just shy of 16 weeks pregnant and up almost 4 lbs. I am going to really start focusing on my meals again tho. I was getting too relaxed with snacking on unhealthy choices.

Just curious if u use any kind of contraception to prevent pregnancy n got pregnant despite this

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using the BariatricPal App

Hello, I am only 3 months postop surgery was Aug 26th and I found out last night that I was pregnant and I was on the pill faithfully since after surgery like I was supposed to I'm calling in on Monday yo do a blood test just to make sure

Sent from my SM-N910V using the BariatricPal App

21 weeks pregnant and up 10 lbs. Sounds like this is pretty average but I was hoping I'd gain less than the average, obviously just want what is best for baby though.

I too have PCOS, which I went through 2 years of multiple doctors and tests to confirm it. Now two years after my diagnosis, my husband and I have had no luck getting pregnant. In January 2016, I inquired about VSG and sat on it until July 2016 as I tried to continue losing weight on my own. As many of you with PCOS know, it is beyond difficult to lose or manage your weight with PCOS. So, I decided in July that this was the path I was going to have to take in order to achieve the healthy body and mind I've been wanting back for the last 5 years. Another huge motivation is also being able to have a baby.

Yesterday, I got my surgery date of 1/9/17. I am really excited to finally see this coming to reality, but I am so nervous for the surgery itself. I just keep trying to think of the ultimate goal of healthy body, healthy mind, and healthy baby!

I look forward to keeping up on these forums and hearing from other people in similar places in their journey!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I am 13mo out and talk to my surgeon at my year out and he told me I could try getting pregnant now if I want. But would really like to loss 15 to 20 more lb. but it's coming off very slow now. I don't want to put more then 20lb on being pregnant. Glad to here most of ya only put on 15lb.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

We also tried for 5 years and I had previously been diagnosed with PCOS. Had surgery and got pregnant 5 months out. I think my pregnancy would have been complicated had I NOT had the surgery. Everything could not have gone better for me. I boosted my health Snacks and that was it. I gave birth naturally to a beautiful baby girl. Gained 17lbs throughout pregnancy and was back to pre pregnancy weight 2 days after. Went right back to losing with breastfeeding. My baby girl is currently 10 months old and we are both happy and healthy. I know my situation was not the ideal or recommended timing but nothing could have gone better for us and we hope you have the same experience! Wouldn't change a thing! Best of luck to you and congrats! Happiness all around!