Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

genepro vs isopure

Can I get some opinions on GENEPRO vs Isopure unflavored Protein? Which one seems to mix into stuff the best? After taste? Etc. Just looking for some input before I buy any. Surgery is Thursday. I bought Premier Protein and I like those now but have heard taste buds can change after surgery. I want to be prepared. Thank you.

Inquiring minds :)

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

GENEPRO has no taste and mixes well with hot and cold, just make sure the hot isn't too hot.

Sent from my SM-N910T using the BariatricPal App

Ok so there are those who swear by GENEPRO and those who like others. The key to any is that you don't go over 140 degrees with Water mixing. I have mixed Isopure with cold Water and hot broth. I love it it is tasteless I find it odorless it is inexpensive in comparison to some other brands. You can get it at Vitamin shoppe GNC or Amazon

For me, GENEPRO seems like a shady company that also hawks "natural steroids" with a lot of scam appearing science. And I cannot get over the 30g of Protein in 15 g serving. I am all about reasonable space time continuum.

powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury starter kit is nice because you get their chicken broth (yum!) a thermometer and shaker bottle

Best of luck!

I used to like genpro, but it was reformulated about a year ago. I like pipingrock.com which is very good, much lower price and mixes well except at high temp (think coffee, give it 5-10 minutes to cool off).

Ok so there are those who swear by GENEPRO and those who like others. The key to any is that you don't go over 140 degrees with Water mixing. I have mixed Isopure with cold Water and hot broth. I love it it is tasteless I find it odorless it is inexpensive in comparison to some other brands. You can get it at Vitamin shoppe GNC or Amazon

For me, GENEPRO seems like a shady company that also hawks "natural steroids" with a lot of scam appearing science. And I cannot get over the 30g of Protein in 15 g serving. I am all about reasonable space time continuum.

unjury starter kit is nice because you get their chicken broth (yum!) a thermometer and shaker bottle

Best of luck!

Thank you for sharing you're thoughts on Genepro. I've had the same exact thoughts after a few hours research last week. People here on BP rave about it, but it just seems a little too shady to me.

My Isopure from Amazon is in the mail. I'm a little worried about it, considering I hate all of Isopure's RTD's. But I'm ready to give it a try.

Bleach the Isopure rtd are not representative of the unflavored! 'Mainly due to not having an artificial flavor or sweetener.

I agree though. I drank them for about the first week post op because at the time I just could not get myself to drink shakes after surgery. So it was like half of the rtd and a broth with unflavored.

My go to is now premier rtd chocolate and unjury chicken. Still have and use isopure unflavored. I like that best in cold Water with a little lime, or in broth.

I like GENEPRO. Been using it for a long time as practically my sole Protein source, mixes with everything. My labs came out great (i.e. Total serum, Albumin/Globulin) every time so I keep using it. In the past, I have written the company to ask for some data on a particular lot I bought but to no avail. As I said in a prior thread, maybe they just don't want to give out any hints of their purification process. I can understand that since their product is quite different than most protein sources out there. I use it when what I naturally eat that day doesn't hit my protein mark, it comes quite handy (soups, drinks, hot or cold).

Nature's best Isopure (lots of other companies as well) was part of a class action suit for protein spiking and misrepresenting the concentration of their protein. Personally, I never tried the unflavored, so I wouldn't know about the miscibility aspect of it.

What is "rtd"?

RTD = Ready to Drink

Isopure had powders, and they also have bottles of liquid that are ready to drink.

Bleach the Isopure rtd are not representative of the unflavored! 'Mainly due to not having an artificial flavor or sweetener.

I agree though. I drank them for about the first week post op because at the time I just could not get myself to drink shakes after surgery. So it was like half of the rtd and a broth with unflavored.

My go to is now premier rtd chocolate and unjury chicken. Still have and use isopure unflavored. I like that best in cold Water with a little lime, or in broth.< /p>

I'm super happy to hear that the unflavored has no resemblance to the rtd. I still have a few Isopure rtd that I'm saving for after surgery when/if I have issues reaching my Protein goals. They taste horrible, but good lord they have a load of Protein.

At the moment I'm loving Syntrax Nectars. Premier rtd banana is an everyday use for me, I'm hoping I can still stand it post surgery.

I've been debating about picking up some Unjury chicken vs Bariatric fusion chicken. Maybe I'll get both. I'm in my 2 week pre-op diet and warm liquids make me feel like I'm not starving.

I'm just finishing my 2 week 1,200 calorie diet. On Tuesday I start a 2 day liquid diet. Thursday is surgery. Then 2 week liquid diet after.