Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I found a way to get my protein in! Yay!

You can mix GENEPRO into your food also

Sent from my SM-N910T using the BariatricPal App

Tried that.....still terrible

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Ok so I was struggling. I mean really struggling with getting my Protein because i cannot do the shakes. Make me vomit every time. So I ordered gene pro unflavored and tried adding it to drinks, foods etc and still couldn't do it. I could still taste it. So today I had a genius idea. (Not really genius but it is to me ) I mixed the gene pro with one small shot of a beverage of my liking. I used horchata (not the alcohol horchata). Mixed my gene pro in, held my nose and got my 30 grams of Protein with one throw back of the shot glass! Didn't even taste it. So I will do that twice more today and be beyond my protein requirements.

Does that not make you feel ill? I've tried that and my tummy was MAD. How far out are you? I'm also struggling with protein, and liquids in general.

Ok so I was struggling. I mean really struggling with getting my Protein because i cannot do the shakes. Make me vomit every time. So I ordered gene pro unflavored and tried adding it to drinks, foods etc and still couldn't do it. I could still taste it. So today I had a genius idea. (Not really genius but it is to me ) I mixed the gene pro with one small shot of a beverage of my liking. I used horchata (not the alcohol horchata). Mixed my gene pro in, held my nose and got my 30 grams of Protein with one throw back of the shot glass! Didn't even taste it. So I will do that twice more today and be beyond my protein requirements.

Does that not make you feel ill? I've tried that and my tummy was MAD. How far out are you? I'm also struggling with protein, and liquids in general.
I fully expected it to come right back up since my stomach is so weak lately but I tolerated it very well. I am one month out today.

Liquids were an issue for me for a while but now I have no problem getting in my fluids.

Edited by gustavio

I can't ever say a word to my husband about needing more Protein. He immediately offers a solution....

Oh my husband had several suggestions which I had to shoot down.........daily

Mine does the same thing.

I was on a roll. I mean really on a roll right around 8 weeks post op I was becoming more consistent with hitting my Protein goals and I was improving my Water intake. I wasn't up to 64 oz most days of the week but I was progressing slowly and was ok with that. I feel like in the last 2 weeks, I've taken 2 steps backward. I'm hardly ever hitting my Protein goals, and somedays I wonder if I even drank anything that day. I drink enough not to have symptoms of dehydration plus I do drink smoothies (which I make with water) and eat fruit and veggies like strawberries and cucumbers during Snacks so I'm getting it in. I am still losing-- haven't hit any stalls just yet. I have some weeks where weight loss is slower but it's still a loss. Then it picks up again. Anyways the shakes make me gag too and I really liked them. Greek yogurt is challenging but I still work at it. I find that I just have to take it slow even if it takes an hour to get it down. I want to eat Protein Bars but I feel guilty about eating those so I'm open to all WLS hacks.

This one seems promising.

I was on a roll. I mean really on a roll right around 8 weeks post op I was becoming more consistent with hitting my Protein goals and I was improving my Water intake. I wasn't up to 64 oz most days of the week but I was progressing slowly and was ok with that. I feel like in the last 2 weeks, I've taken 2 steps backward. I'm hardly ever hitting my Protein goals, and somedays I wonder if I even drank anything that day. I drink enough not to have symptoms of dehydration plus I do drink smoothies (which I make with water) and eat fruit and veggies like strawberries and cucumbers during Snacks so I'm getting it in. I am still losing-- haven't hit any stalls just yet. I have some weeks where weight loss is slower but it's still a loss. Then it picks up again. Anyways the shakes make me gag too and I really liked them. Greek yogurt is challenging but I still work at it. I find that I just have to take it slow even if it takes an hour to get it down. I want to eat Protein Bars but I feel guilty about eating those so I'm open to all WLS hacks.

This one seems promising.

I bought some unflavored protein. Gene pro is 30g of protein per tablespoon and I mix it with 1 shot of my choice of beverage. Hold my nose and throw it back like I'm taking a good ol shot of tequila. I do this 3 times a day which equals 90g of protein plus whatever protein I'm taking in from food. This is the only way I can reach my goal because I cannot do the shakes. I tried and tried and they go down like broken glass. They are terrible. Which before surgery I had no problem with them. After surgery--no way Jose. I know this is repeating my original post but I wasn't sure if you seen it. Try it, it turned everything around for me. More energy, more weight loss, etc. liquid? I have no problem with bc I am always thirsty. Love my G2 Gatorade or Water with lemon.

Edited by gustavio

Oh and the only Protein bar I can tolerate is the Luna bars. They are delicious. The blueberry is to die for. However, they are only 9g of Protein and in trying to avoid carbs. But if I have a sweet tooth then I will eat half of one. They are designed specifically for women. They are low fat, low cal, and not high in carbs. But I try to stay away from carbs completely as I know they are hidden in some of the fruits and veggies I eat and I'm sure I get enough carbs with them hidden mother suckers.

Husbands are so helpful!

They try

My husband sits there and feels sorry for me b/c after 6 weeks I'm still throwing up. He absolutely hate I had it done. I lost 40lbs in a month from 200lbs. He said I didn't need it but I needed the discipline, I'm a GREAT cook/baker. It worked b/c now I don't even want food b/c I throw up everything :(.

Sent from my KFJWI using the BariatricPal App

I hope you've seen your surgeon about this. You should not be vomiting all the time - you will get extremely ill. You need Protein to heal. Your body will start breaking down Protein from your muscles. It's extremely dangerous and unhealthy.

Where do you buy the GENEPRO or do you order it online?

I ordered it online. It was $30 for a container of it. Well worth it! It saved my butt. I'm sure you can get unflavored at GNC or something as well. But GENEPRO is formulated for post WLS patients from what I understand.