Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Skinny people problems

I am on board with ALL of these gripes!

First off, the shaving sucks. Yes, the underarms are the worst, but the legs suck too. How the hell do skinny people shave without catching the blade on bones all the time? Seriously, HOW??? Maybe one day I'll be able to afford the laser awesomeness that @@OzRoo was talking about. Until then, I have very dark hair on very fair skin. No matter how little hair I have or how slow my growth, visibility is high, so it needs to be shaved every single day. Which means I get sliced every single day.

The cold set in surprisingly early for me. Months before surgery after only a 40 lb loss, I had to stock up on heavy sweaters and thick socks. I'd never had need for either ever before! I was always the fat sweaty lady pulling a hand fan from her purse and blotting excess moisture from her brow in the middle of a North Dakota winter while everyone else threw on another layer. I now have an affinity for all things cozy and fluffy. Things that previously would have made me sweat just to look at, which I now surround myself with in an attempt to keep the chill away. But I will take the cold over the sweat every. Single. Time.

And finally, the bones! Fortunately I've learned how to sit to avoid the aching butt bones, so as long as I'm not seated in one position for too long I'm good there. I'm used to banging into things with my hips (hey, I'm a klutz), but now instead of cushy flesh I'm hitting actual bone, which is far less pleasant. And the one that's been surprising me lately is the shoulder blade. It is no longer comfortable to lean back against a wall or hard chair without adopting a very poor hunched over posture, because there's just too much pressure on my shoulder blades. I need to learn how to live with bones! Lol

And speaking of boney butts and uncomfortable places to sit, my son is in the middle of hockey try outs right now and I just realized I have 7 months of hard benches to sit on in front of me.

May have to invest in a cushion.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

And speaking of boney butts and uncomfortable places to sit, my son is in the middle of hockey try outs right now and I just realized I have 7 months of hard benches to sit on in front of me.

May have to invest in a cushion.

These stadium chairs are awesome!

post-299621-0-27110500-1474916432_thumb.jpg

First off, I'm not calling myself skinny...yet...but I've noticed a couple of things with my body that I'm surprised about that I wasn't expecting since I've lost so much weight.

First off...how the hell do you shave your armpits when they've turned into a cave?? I swear, my armpits are so sucked in now, it takes me 15 minutes to try to shave them....as off tonight, they're pretty hairy because I gave up.

Also, it's uncomfortable to sleep on my side because my now boney knees hurt when they're rubbing against each other....I've tried putting pillows and blankets between them but I can't sleep with that stuff between my legs...sigh.

And don't get me started about my boney butt on hard chairs and toilet seats!!

I am constantly cold and am not looking forward to the upcoming Canadian winter. My husband is already agitated with all the layers I wear to bed as it is.

But even with all these new "problems", I still wouldn't change any of it for the world!!

So what are your "skinny people problems" you weren't expecting??

Lmao...I was literally just telling my hubby something similar last night. He asked..did you sleep well..I said no, my hips hurt ask the time now because there's no meat on them anymore...and don't get me started when I want to take a nice hot bath..my ass kills me after about 5 minutes...lol But like you, I wouldn't change it for the world..sleeved July 25th, 5 days before my 46th birthday, down about 35lbs now...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using the BariatricPal App

I had some of these! What got me is when I went to Disney and my spine hurt so bad from all the plastic seats on rides! I told my (insanely skinny) bff and she was like see there are cons to being skinny, but it's better than the alternative. And she was right!

@ I bought two new office chairs because of that problem. The best was a mesh one. But the standing/adjustable desk was the best investment I have made to take care of the problem.

BUTT, that has been the biggest skinny problem. I can't sit for long now.

My GF and I have turned my small stomach into an advantage, we just split meals.

I have always been hot natured, and have never been really cold.

Ladies, when ever you get annoyed at shaving your pits, bend over and trim your toenails...not having to plan for that ordeal makes the whole thing worth it ;-)

I will gladly take the skinny people problems ;)

My husband has named my faux fur body pillow my" boyfriend". I place it between my boney knees at night. It takes the pressure off my lower back and keeps me warm.

Tell me restaurant's use hard wood chairs to make you eat quickly and leave. Hard chairs are not my friend. I hope doing squats at the gym will give me some butt padding soon. In the meantime I will sit on my husbands jacket.

I tried to use body weight to pull some tall weeds from by back property. It used to be easier to lean backwards and the weeds pop right out of the ground.

Im lucky as i have very minimal hair in my pits, but i don't have any problems shaving them away. Now the BAS (bony a$$ syndrome) i def. have. I try to not be in one position for too long.

I have always been cold.... even at my heaviest. the heater is my best friend at work.... it 95 today and i have it on under my desk now... Before my husband moved out, we kept the ac on 70.... and i had to bundle up with my robe, heating pad, and blanket... not kidding. Now i have it set on 74 and i only need my throw. Whoop whoop.

What pi$$es me off are the people that say..... your too thin you need to gain weight... F*ck them. Friday night i had a relative that had not seen me in a while asked if i were sick..... Hell no, im great.... Never better. You know the old question..... Cancer, Death or divorce...

Lots of these are familiar to me too. I will say now that i'm two and a half years out from surgery (down 125, 20 yet to go!) I found the hot/cold thing pretty much stopped. I'd already been through menopause though when I had my sleeve done.

My 'skinny' rant is this; people I'm close to who would be loving and supportive about anything else in my life, when it comes to something that's hard for me at this lower weight they can't resist a snide comment or a sarcastic 'poor you' crack. Sheesh! I hate it. Case in point;

My husband asked how this day went last week knowing it was a long one and important to me. I told him the worst part was getting up and putting on what i planned to wear only to find the skirt part of the suit almost fell off. I had worn it a couple months back, but now it's way big. I switched and put something else on (slacks and kimono jacket) and it looked like a silk potato sack. It was 5am and I had to be out the door soon and in front of people all day - I was panicked and frustrated. His comment was along the lines of 'Yeah, poor you for losing so much weight.' in this sarcastic tone. He asked!! I won't be answering that again any time soon. But to his credit he circled around when hours later and apologized, though it was clear he didn't get it, just knew i was pissed.

My sister did a similar thing when i said i was sad to take a favorite piece to the consignment shop--why ask people?! And yes, both she and hubby are somewhat overweight and doing nothing about it (other than complaining).

Okay, end of rant.

Kate

Definitely not skinny yet (35 pounds down) but I noticed this bump on my sternum (had never felt it before) - called the nurse cause I was freaking out a bit (I had cancer 5 years ago). She says "Let me guess, it's kinda soft, but also kinda hard? It's your xiphoid" (I am sure she was thinking - you idiot!)

Looking forward to the being cold thing - I am always hot and I hate it!!!

@@finding_onederland

Lol...I had the exact same experience. After I had lost about 60lbs, I started to feel 'lumps' on my chest.

I thought to myself "oh great, now that I'm finally losing weight and getting my life in order, I've got cancer"....turns out it was my sternum! God I'm an idiot!

@@bayougirlmrsc

Yes, the "you're too thin" thing bugs me too.

I've got 15lbs to go before I hit my goal, and when people ask me how much I have left to lose and I tell them, I get the eye roll and the "you're still going to lose MORE weight?"

Sometimes I wonder if people are intimidated that I now weigh less than them. I started out at 333lbs and now weigh 160lbs, and I have people telling me all time "you're skinnier than me now", and "if you lose 10 more pounds you'll weigh less than me".

@@rydersmama i normally say... well i guess you better get to dieting then... cuz god for bid im skinnier than you.... lol

I particularly love the ones that use to be skinny and talk crap about fat people, but now themselves are "fat"... this was how that last conversation went:

Me: Hey girl, hows it going? Her: OMG Chris, look how tiny you are. Me: I know right. Her: your so skinny, how much weight did you lose? I hope you don't plan on losing more, then you'll be too skinny Me: 100lbs Me again: but , girl how much did you gain? Normally shuts them right up... Bam, drops mic... Exits stage.