Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I'm about 6 months out and recently I've been having serious cravings, mostly for sugar or some sort of snack, like popcorn at night. The cravings are mostly at night and they are really severe. I drink Crystal light daily and I'm wondering if the fake sugar is giving me a sugar craving. I also have sugar free Syrup in my coffee. Idk if it has anything to do with it, but I need help. Has anyone else struggled with this? Prior to surgery I never cared about sugar, or Snacks like chips or popcorn... I literally didn't like them. Now it's basically all I think about, all night. If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this or even just if you've been through it, please respond

Sent from my SM-G930T using the BariatricPal App

Same here, I eat fruit or yogurt to satisfy the sweet cravings

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using the BariatricPal App

I'm three months out from surgery, following a low carb diet and when I get a sweet tooth, Quest Cravings cure that. They taste like a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. Calories 240, Protein 20, Carbs 4. Also, their Protein Bars are really good!!!

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Thank you guys. The honey moon is definitely ending and I can see how people gain weight back. Any suggestions are helpful. I think I may get rid of the Crystal light and see how that goes. I don't do Protein shakes anymore but I might consider it if it becomes a problem

Sent from my SM-G930T using the BariatricPal App

@@GSleeve822, I do these Assorted sugar-free Junior Cream Pops that are sold at a store called Winn Dixie. I don't know where you live but these are located in S. Florida. The brand Popsicle has a version called CreamSicle sugar free Cream Pops, however, most stores in my area no longer carry that brand.

In addition, Quest Bars are delicious and high in Protein. I'm loving the S'Mores flavor.

Is there an activity to do to help "redirect" your brain away from the craving when it hits? I know if I do something with my hands it helps and it's hard to eat if your hands are already occupied

I tried the Quest Protein Bars before surgery and I'm not a fan. Besides, 240 calories seems like a lot of calories for an evening snack, even if there is a fair amount of Protein in there.