Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When does this get better

I feel and look like death warmed over. Had surgery Monday with also repaired a hiatal hernia which I did know I had. I just want to cry. But that hurts I know it's only temporary but when did you feel betterish.

Sent from my SM-G935V using the BariatricPal App

@@busybeebug Take your pain meds as prescribed - even if you think you feel better - once the pain pills wear off - it's very hard to catch back up to the pain. Just keep walking to get rid of the gas - sip to get in your fluids and rest when you're not walking. Hang in there!

Day 6 was my turning point.....on day 6 I felt normal again. Everyone is different of course so just rest....but do get up and walk as much as you can. That will help speed your recovery......and of course keep sipping.

The first week was hard, but by about day 6 or 7 I started to feel a little better and was able to start walking everyday. As far as feeling "normal", that took some time. After the first month or so I started to feel like myself again. Hang in there, you are doing great. Your body has been through some trauma and needs to heal and rest. Keep as hydrated as possible, this will help. I have zero regrets except I wish I had done it 10 years ago.....good luck to you!

I'm having the same problem. I'm still in quite a bit of pain. I'm 9 days post op and I thought by now I'd feel much better. I'm at my follow up appt so I'll discuss this with the Dr. On a good note, I lost 8 lbs. Don't know if that's good or bad tho...feel better.

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

I'm right there with you. This is my third day. My surgery was Monday. I feel pretty bad I'm wondering when it gets better. I can't tell if I'm hungry or not hungry. Or thirsty or not. It's all just confusing right now.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm 3 weeks out and have to agree somewhere around day 5 or 6 I felt alot better. I still don't feel "normal". When I get tired, I get "omg I have to lay down RIGHT NOW" tired and sometimes it hits me at odd times.

Hang in there and best wishes to you on your recovery. It absolutely gets better.

I felt like crap the first week. I even felt regret, which from what I understand is not unusual, but that feeling goes away. 2 weeks was the turning point although with every new day I felt a little better. The day right after surgery was the worst for me personally.

Just hang in there. You'll be amazed at the difference 2 weeks out which is where I am right now. I can't wait to see what I'll feel like at 4 weeks, 6 weeks, 8 weeks and by Halloween.

Every day should bring a small amount of improvement, although it might not be readily apparent to you right now. But before you know it you'll begin feeling more like yourself. You're going to be tired for quite awhile though.

Follow your post op instructions, get plenty of rest, and you'll be fine. Good luck!

Reading your post makes me feel better. I'm 6days post and I'm in the same boat. Pain to my right side.. I don't like pain medication but today I was bummed and needed. However I was able to walk in the grocery today and it felt good. I'm keeping hope alive!!

Sorry to hear - I was also sleeved on Monday. Home from the hospital today and I'm feeling ok. However, I just found out I can't get my drain removed until next Weds - I hate that! Good luck to you.

Edited by gemigirl

I also had surgery on Monday and I feel pretty good. So it could be as soon as tomorrow for you! Everyone says it for a reason, keep walking and sipping, makes all the difference. Hope you feel better soon!

I was sleeved on Monday also with a hiatal hernia repair. Just having a hard time with cramping and getting in fluids. I am probably up to12 to 14 ozs so far as it irritates my stomach when I drink. I have to walk immediately after to help with the gas. No pain meds today yet, so that was plus, only the gas drops. Step by step and sip by sip!

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App