Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One of my favorites is cream of chicken and adding spices, like garlic powder, onion powder, season salt, whatever spices or herbs you wanna try. Delicious and filling :)

Sent from my XT1585 using the BariatricPal App

I'm 7 days post op and was starving so I ate a pork chop. I'm in so much pain now. Can someone please tell me how bad this could be if I cheat again.

Sent from my C6725 using the BariatricPal App

Very bad you could end up in the hospital,just think about the reason you are trying to be healthyand you want do it again believe me it'svery important.

A Salaam Alaykum

I'm 7 days post op and was starving so I ate a pork chop. I'm in so much pain now. Can someone please tell me how bad this could be if I cheat again.

A Salaam Alaykum

I'm 6 months post open and i still have a hard time with meat. Causes me great pain, and i even throw up the only relief I can get then is to take some baby gas drops.

I've heard you can have some serious repercussions if you overdo.

Sent from my SM-J100VPP using the BariatricPal App

How are you doing now a few hours later @shani1970. Been a bit worried about you.

After a few hours I was feeling much better. Won't make that mistake again. Any ideas besides broth to eat?

post-296355-14784102372915_thumb.jpg

Try these. I didn't have these when I had surgery 6 weeks ago but my spouse had surgery on the 1st and I have made these for her and I even liked them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using the BariatricPal App

@"shani1970" im 6 days out. The way i look at my stomach now is like a new born babies stomach. They can only have milk because their body cant take anything else. We can only have liquids because our stomach cant take anything else.... besides broth you can have sugar free Jello, sugar free ice pops, crystal light and your protien drink. Its only this way for about another week. As the weeks go by you will gradually be able to eat a vareity of different things. Fist this to do after this is get your mental right! You have to change the way you think about food. Pick up a hobby to keep you busy thays what i did. They have adult coloring books that relaxes you and takes your mind off things. I have one and i have used it everyday since surgery..... honey get back up on thay horse and remember why you had the surgery ti begin with! Wish u well

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using the BariatricPal App

U could have killed ur self.. I was to scared to swallow Water to quickly after my operation. Take care of ur self thid isn't a game... I'm 2 months out and I can't eat a whole porkchop in one go takes me a while.. This is why u chose this operation so u don't over eat anymore please be careful.. I am happy to hear ur better.. Go get a ultrasound make sure u didnt rip anything and don't have any leaks. Hope u are well and u have a speedy recovery

Sent from my SM-N920I using the BariatricPal App

Hope you are ok. I heard a gentleman messed up and ate a chicken sample from Sam's Club and it caused him to be sick. He was to ashamed to tell his Dr and by the time his family got him to hospital he didn't make it because it caused his staples to leak :(

I get the chicken and stars and drain them. I like the broth better. sugar free popsicles. sugar free fudgesicle. Jello. Take it slow. Be careful. Didn't want to scare you but I don't think they stress enough the importance of following the after surgery rules.

Sent from my SM-N900V using BariatricPal mobile app

I am over a year out and I still cannot eat a whole pork chop...i can not even imagine your pain. I am usually full from 1.5 eggs. Listen to your nutritionist and ask them for ideas to eat. There are a lot of delicious Protein drinks that satisfy your need for food because you should not even feel hungry. Your mind might tell you you are hungry but you need to listen to your stomach anymore first and foremost.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the BariatricPal App

I wonder how a pureed burger would be??

Contemplating a turkey pureed burger now - can't think of any way it'd be edible. I go to mushys next week. Hmm.
I'm wondering - maybe some ground turkey with a tish of thousand island dressing? could be reminiscent of a big mac?? LOL I might give it a try!
@@Christinamo7 has a recipe like that - not sure for what stage.
I do modify a recipe online for a "Big Mac Salad"

I use my ground sirloin/ground turkey breast blend, heat some up and melt cheddar on it. I put a very small amount of shredded romaine lettuce in my wee bowl, then add the meat/cheese and top it with a few drops of thousand island dressing, one green onion chopped up and one pickle chopped up and add some sesame seeds. really hits the spot

there is no reason you couldn't use all ground beef or all ground turkey depending on your personal preference. for my plan I was allowed all this after 4 weeks.

Based upon the advice above from @@LipstickLady and what is allowed by your surgeon, I plan to stay FAR away from seeds for a good few months. I'm terrified of those little suckers getting caught in the staple- line of my new pouch.

I wonder how a pureed burger would be??

Contemplating a turkey pureed burger now - can't think of any way it'd be edible. I go to mushys next week. Hmm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BariatricPal mobile app

You could be killing yourself. Of all things to cheat with. I pray your ok

Ms Evacute????

Why would you do that to yourself. Its like trying to shove a pork chop threw a straw. You are not starving. Learn the difference of head hunger and real hunger. Drink Protein shakes. No solids for about a month maybe two. Swelling needs to go down. If you need guidance, reach out to me. Im at 23 mths.

Sent from my SM-N920V using BariatricPal mobile app