Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OCTOBER GBs where are you?!?!

Hi, mine is 10/5. I start my pre-op diet (not a clear liquid diet , but shakes throughout the day and 1 meat and veggies meal) starts on 9/21!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm a band revision to bypass on 10/5/16. I have three weeks of pre-op diet (4 shakes a day with raw veggies to snack). I'm on day 4 of no real food (I'm not a big veggie fan) and it's rough. I almost had a major breakdown last night as I wanted a piece of meat so bad. I had to settle for some cabbage, mushrooms and peppers.

Wishing you guys the best over the next couple of weeks! It will be tough, but we have to stay focused on the prize.

Tammy

attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1474148214.935168.jpgattachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1474148230.505856.jpg

Who's ready?!?! I AM!!!!

October 6th is my surgery date! I begin my pre op clear liquid diet September 29th!

When is your surgery?!

Omg your fridge is awesome so organized!!!

Sent from my iPod touch using the BariatricPal App

My surgery is October 10th! I just started my preop diet and they have me on a special diet of foods my office sells and they are already making me sick and I've only had 4 out of 6 for the day. I'm so nervous about getting through this phase before surgery. When they say this is not the easy way out, it's so true!

Oct 11th for me,

Already on pre op diet they say anything over 50BMI they get to to start 4 weeks before to give you a good chance of dropping some weight. Im on 2 shakes a day plus chicken or fish and green veg for dinner oh and plain yog, low fat cottage cheese or skim milk as a snack.< /p>

Im nervous but want surgery day to just be over, excited to begin the journey where people notice me for more than just a big girl.

@@Ninni, what I'd give for one meal with chicken or fish. My doc does 50-59 BMI is three weeks of 4 Protein shakes a day. If I get hungry, I can have some raw veggies (a list of about 10 acceptable) and that is it. I'm on day 5 and it's rough. Sixteen more to go.

I'm sure October 11th will get here before you know it!

@@momto3E, I'm curious as to what type of meals you are on? Would you share?

Thanks!

Tammy

Tammy,

It's funny you say that about the chicken or fish because what I'd give for some raw veggies to help get these Meal Replacements down! Haha

They are manufactured by Healthwise and while they are convenient, they taste awful! The only thing that I can eat that doesn't bother me is the Protein bar.

Your surgery is October 5th?

You can do it! Maybe you can add some yummy tasting things to help the Protein Drink go down easier? In our class they suggested sugar free flavored syrups, PB2 (sugar free Peanut Butter Protein powder), Decaf instant coffee.

Good luck!

Im 4 days into this pre op diet, first day i felt like my throat had been cut i was SO hungry. Now im eating my Snacks and eating more salad and green stirfry veges to fill the void and drinking lots of black tea with slices of lemon.

Im hungry still and jealous of everyone eating around me :) but i know i have to keep my eye on the goal and just put my head down and rush to the surgery day. I have found that i am unfocused since the VLC diet and quite emotional.

i have a serve of chicken or fish at night and i eat 1/2 cup weight watchers low fat cottage cheese and 1/2 cup plain greek style low fat yog (i crush a sweetner tab and sprinkle on it to make it taste better).

@@momto3E,

My issue is that I've never been a big veggie eater. I've eaten cabbage for Breakfast for the last two days. LOL!

I've tried the PB2, however, I will have to look into the sugar free syrups.

I currently have a lapband (7/2011), however, it didn't work. I could not tolerate fills and ended up with awful reflux and gallbladder issues (removed 7/2015). I am so ready to get this band out and move forward.

Keep us posted on your journey!

I love vegges if i cant have carbs lol which i cant now so im ok but they dont keep you full for long. Im also ex band mine went in 22/11/2008 and i lost 35kilo about 75lbs but then but some back and found my way around it with saucy stuff and alcohol relaxed it.

I had it removed 2 months ago and the day after it was removed realised a hunger that i had not felt for all of those years. So hungry all the time so it was working but i was not working with it obviously.

The band stopped me eating fibrous things like salads and i do love salads so i would choose sauce meals which had more calories bc these went down easy. So did ice cream and chocolate.....so gastric bypass just seems like the viable next step. i dont blame the band wholly i take half the blame for it not working well for me

@@Ninni, very similar stories. At 4cc's of Fluid, I was vomiting almost everything I ate. So pringles and ice cream is what I lived off of for weeks. I had lost about 40 pounds with the band, but when he had to take all the Fluid out when I was having reflux and gallbladder issues, I put on those 40 and 20 more. I currently have 3cc's in it still and prior to my pre-op diet could eat most anything except stringy meat (roast beef/pork chops) and could not eat left overs that had been re-heated in the microwave.

I too don't blame the band, however, I should have just went with the bypass the first go around. I noticed a lot of patients here have their revision in two different procedures. I'm having my band removed, hernia (from the band) fixed and bypass all in one. I hope 3 weeks will be enough time off to recover.

@@momto3E,

My issue is that I've never been a big veggie eater. I've eaten cabbage for Breakfast for the last two days. LOL!

I've tried the PB2, however, I will have to look into the sugar free syrups.

I currently have a lapband (7/2011), however, it didn't work. I could not tolerate fills and ended up with awful reflux and gallbladder issues (removed 7/2015). I am so ready to get this band out and move forward.

Keep us posted on your journey!

Of course it works out that way, Haha! Although that cabbage sounds like heaven!

What did you think of the PB2? I've had friends that used it but never tried it myself but I plan to.

What happened when you had your band fills? Did they make you sick?

Thank you and keep us posted too! :-)