Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Collar Bones-- When did you start to notice them

Lost 80 plus pounds and I not only see them, I push on them to make sure they are real. Lol They had gone into hiding years ago. ????????????????

Sent from my SM-G935P using the BariatricPal App

Edited by LadyK44

Bodies are weird. We're all built differently. My collar bones have never really showed but right now at 171 and 5 feet tall I can inexplicably see rib.

I started noticing my collar bones about 6-7 month mark. They are not where I want to be just yet. But I do catch myself looking at it in the mirror.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by dusky goddess

I've recently become interested in collar bones. I was flipping through some old pics and I never really noticed or cared that I had them. Now that I don't... apparently the appearance of collar bones are a hug NSV (non scale victory) and symbolize significant weight loss. I'm sure it's going to be different for everyone but I'm just curious at approx. what weight did you start to see them? No matter how I twist and hunch-- I cant find them anywhere! I feel them though-- looking forward to reuniting with them LOL!

3 months. It was the strangest feeling ever! I didn't even know what those were.. Now sometimes my hands go there and touch them while I am not even thinking and it makes me smile..

I have collar bones!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Well, I am not sure when my collar bones came out. However, the next thing I notice was my hip bones. I never had big hips. However, I never remember feeling my hip bones before losing weight. Apparently, they have lived under my belly for the last 16 years. Lol ????

I love the way my body is changing! Working out and eating healthy is taking my body to new places! I am forever sleeved and in this journey towards greater health.

Sent from my SM-G935P using the BariatricPal App

I started at 370, when I got to about 260 my collar bones were very visible, but like another poster, they were always there just barely. I never had a fat neck and could always wear normal chokers and necklaces. Now at 218 they are really popping. I could put roll of quarters in them. My neck veins are really popping also. I look pretty thin shoulders up. Also I have visible veins popping up all over my body.

I started noticing mines after I lost like 20lbs or so now that I have lost 50 you can def see them and is very noticeable especialy when I look at my pictures

I can't remember, but I sure love 'em now!

post-212472-0-27353900-1474296691_thumb.jpg

honestly was always obsessed with collar bones... i started noticing them in selfies more recently - it was after 50 pounds- currently at 185 and 5 ft 4. =) your not the only one haha