Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When did you start purée?

Not soft, mashed foods, but pureed. I'm wondering when you all started on them. I started on day 8 (yesterday) first just applesauce in addition to my liquids and thinned strained Soups.< /p>

My team has a conservative plan - liquids for four weeks, then purees, and no high carb foods like applesauce -- on purees, we are only allowed high Protein foods. All of our plans are so different!

Strict doctor here, not till day 21 can I begin the pureed phase.

Purees from day 15 for me.

I had 2 weeks on liquids post op, then 2 weeks runny purees, then 2 weeks soft/mushy, then gradual progression onto solids.

I was adding stock and yoghurt or sauce to my savoury purees. They had to roll off the spoon easily.

To Breakfast purees I was adding runny yoghurt and soft fruit like bit of banana or papaya. I was stewing pears at that stage. Plus I was adding Protein powder to all purees, had an unflavoured high Protein Powder.

Still use it in the mornings with my regular yoghurt and grated 1/4 apple, these days.

After 4 weeks of Clear Liquids, weeks 2-4 including Protein Shakes, puree started at week 5, soft foods at week 7, finally start adding regular foods at week 9.

Purees and other soft type Proteins (eggs, yogurt, etc.) in the hospital and beyond for the first month. I ignored the pureed lettuce (ewwww..) they served there.

Day 1-3 clear liquids

Day 4-14 full liquid

Day 15-28 soft foods

Day 29+ full diet as tolerated

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I hate to ask this. But I'm starting my puree stage this week. Is Peanut Butter a no no? I think i saw someone talking about it a while ago, i don't remember where i saw people chatting about it. Im just asking because it's soft and 8g of Protein for 2tbsp. But the texture is sticky. Im just trying to get the hang of this. Im still learning to make good choices. Haven't eaten any just wondering for the future if anyone has experience. If it's a good option or not

Sent from my SM-G925T using the BariatricPal App

Day 1-3 Clear liquids

Day 4-14 full liquid

Day 15-28 soft foods

Day 29+ full diet as tolerated

Mine is close.

Day 1 no liquids

Day 2-10 full liquids

Day 11-30 pureeds

Day 31+ full diet

HW 385 SW 359 Sleeved 10/5/16

I hate to ask this. But I'm starting my puree stage this week. Is Peanut Butter a no no? I think i saw someone talking about it a while ago, i don't remember where i saw people chatting about it. Im just asking because it's soft and 8g of Protein for 2tbsp. But the texture is sticky. Im just trying to get the hang of this. Im still learning to make good choices. Haven't eaten any just wondering for the future if anyone has experience. If it's a good option or not

I never tried it during puree stage, or even now.

I was told by my dietician that the purees have to be runny enough to roll off the spoon.

Perhaps if you mixed it with runny yoghurt and blasted it in the NutriBullet, it could possibly work.

However, a good Protein powder added to Chobani yoghurt will give you about 35g for 1/2 cup serve.

I did use Peanut Butter but by adding to shakes. I have since switched to PB2 which is in a powder form but 80% less calories. It still flavors the shakes but better for calorie intake.