Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Was your surgeon board certified..looking for chicago doctor

Hi my name is Jennifer and I am looking to get a revision from my lap band to the sleeve. I often hear how your surgeon should be board certified...has anyone ever used a doctor that was not board certified. I have a doctor out of UIC in Chicago and unless i'm spelling his name wrong when I look him up it doesnt say he is board certified. Thoughts????

@KristenLe... thank you so much I looked up my hospital and it is a center of excellence for bariatric surgery.

Drs Jeffrey Rosen and Allen Mikhail at Lifeway Bariatrics in Downers Grove, Illinois. They are definitely board certified and a center of excellence. They do surgery out of Good Samaritan Hospital. Look them up!

I'm 10 months out of Rny surgery and just love these drs and their support staff. They are fantastic!! so caring and communicative.

I've had co complications and met goal about 3 months ago and have been maintaining since.

Sent from my KFASWI using the BariatricPal App

If you want to stay in the city look into Dr Lutfi at St Joes....board certified and excellent surgeon.

I haven't had surgery with Dr. Lutfi yet, but he is really good (and Board Certified) from what former patients have told me.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi to all & Jennifer1... Im a newbie & I'm scheduled to have my revision from lap to bypass on sept 22 & Dr Masrur @ Uic in Chicago will be performing my surgery, I dnt know if this the surgeon u looked into but he is board certified ..& he also perform Bariatric surgery on some of the women staff there @ Uic & they look awesome.. So I'm very excited about my new journey after going through so much with the band

@@LisaMergs Any recommendations?

Absolutely!!

Any of the docs at Northshore University Health System- Evanston hospital.

Mine was John Linn MD

I "interviewed" several Bariatric surgeons and practices in different health systems in the Chicagoland area. Because I'm also a healthcare provider, I may have come at the "choosing" process a little differently.

Needless to say, the continuity of care from all team members is superb. They are all on point with one another and their commitment to excellence is second to none. Very very cohesive.

The surgeons at Northwestern University's group are very good as well, but seem to have more post op issues. Didn't want any part of that.

The care at Evanston was first rate, as well. Would highly recommend them.

Dr Linn is lovely, but you don't really get to "know" how much so until you have your EGD with him and then post op. Many docs leave post op apps to PA's and such. He is there for every follow up, and will spend as much time with you as needed. Never rushed, and he gets to know you well.

I had a concern about 3-Ish weeks out, and he wasn't on call. His partner returned my call (Sat night) within minutes, discussed it, alleviated my concerns, and not only did he call me the next day to check up on me, Monday morning my surgeon ALSO followed up- they had already talked and boy was he on it! (Turns out it was a normal thing post op lol)

Anyway, that's my story, experience, and sticking to it!

As an aside, I'm seeing him Tuesday morning. I can't wait to show him me in size 10 pants- down 106 from surgery!!! He gets as excited as his patients do!!!

Hi to all & Jennifer1... Im a newbie & I'm scheduled to have my revision from lap to bypass on sept 22 & Dr Masrur @ Uic in Chicago will be performing my surgery, I dnt know if this the surgeon u looked into but he is board certified ..& he also perform Bariatric surgery on some of the women staff there @ Uic & they look awesome.. So I'm very excited about my new journey after going through so much with the band

Hi it looks like your surgery date is quickly approaching. I have an appointment with Dr. Masrur on Oct 5th. I am starting to feel like I need another office because for a week I have been trying to contact Irene(whom i was told was like his person to go to) and she never calls back. I am very concerned with being able to get a hold of him or office staff if I have questions and thus far it's not looking good. What has been your experience with getting in touch with them?

Well I haven't had any problems.. but Irene is a sweet heart & so funny & down to earth, Dr Masrur performed her gastric bypass 2yrs ago & she looks great.. But I never needed to contact her so I wasn't aware that it was hard to get in contact with her , now if I'm not mistaking a couple weeks ago when i was in the clinic getting my surgery date she mention a vacation or going somewhere, but my memory is so shot to hellI'm not sure but she could be out on vacation ... But good luck & I'll be sure to update after surgery... Oh & try this # if u haven't already 312 355 1493 & ask for Karen Dancy she's the Rn/ clinical nurse consultant & mayb she can answer any questions u may have .. Good luck

Well I haven't had any problems.. but Irene is a sweet heart & so funny & down to earth, Dr Masrur performed her gastric bypass 2yrs ago & she looks great.. But I never needed to contact her so I wasn't aware that it was hard to get in contact with her , now if I'm not mistaking a couple weeks ago when i was in the clinic getting my surgery date she mention a vacation or going somewhere, but my memory is so shot to hellI'm not sure but she could be out on vacation ... But good luck & I'll be sure to update after surgery... Oh & try this # if u haven't already 312 355 1493 & ask for Karen Dancy she's the Rn/ clinical nurse consultant & mayb she can answer any questions u may have .. Good luck

Thank you for your reply. I will try an contact his nurse. I have spoken to Irene 2times on last Monday after her vacation and have not been able to catch her since then. UGH! hopefkully I will have better luck with Karen. If i continue tohave this problem then I will need to look for another surgeon since I dont want these types of issues and we havent even gotten started yet!

@@LisaMergs Any recommendations?

Absolutely!!

Any of the docs at Northshore University Health System- Evanston hospital.

Mine was John Linn MD

I "interviewed" several Bariatric surgeons and practices in different health systems in the Chicagoland area. Because I'm also a healthcare provider, I may have come at the "choosing" process a little differently.

Needless to say, the continuity of care from all team members is superb. They are all on point with one another and their commitment to excellence is second to none. Very very cohesive.

The surgeons at Northwestern University's group are very good as well, but seem to have more post op issues. Didn't want any part of that.

The care at Evanston was first rate, as well. Would highly recommend them.

Dr Linn is lovely, but you don't really get to "know" how much so until you have your EGD with him and then post op. Many docs leave post op apps to PA's and such. He is there for every follow up, and will spend as much time with you as needed. Never rushed, and he gets to know you well.

I had a concern about 3-Ish weeks out, and he wasn't on call. His partner returned my call (Sat night) within minutes, discussed it, alleviated my concerns, and not only did he call me the next day to check up on me, Monday morning my surgeon ALSO followed up- they had already talked and boy was he on it! (Turns out it was a normal thing post op lol)

Anyway, that's my story, experience, and sticking to it!

As an aside, I'm seeing him Tuesday morning. I can't wait to show him me in size 10 pants- down 106 from surgery!!! He gets as excited as his patients do!!!

My surgery is Monday with Dr. Denham at Northshore. Dr. Linn did my EGD. They are a phenomenal group of physicians.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using the BariatricPal App