Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm dying inside!

I had my sleeve surgery 7/21 and have only lost 30 lbs so far. I miss food, I want food, I'm over this surgery. I'm so mad at myself for doing this to myself and regretting every second of it. Why cut out 85% of my stomach for no reason!? Anyone else feel this way?

You've lost 30 pounds in less than 2 months! That's great! I'm new to this - I was sleeved on 8/31. I know everyone is different and we all lose at a different pace. I also know from reading other posts, you are not alone. There are people out there who have felt or feel the same way that you do. Have you talked to your NUT? Are you getting your recommended Protein in and your fluids?

I had my sleeve surgery 7/21 and have only lost 30 lbs so far. I miss food, I want food, I'm over this surgery. I'm so mad at myself for doing this to myself and regretting every second of it. Why cut out 85% of my stomach for no reason!? Anyone else feel this way?

You must have had a reason to go ahead with major abdominal surgery. Maybe you need to revisit why you decided to have surgery and to focus on the goal. Good luck!

make it a great day

Hello friends I'm 5 wks out from DS surgery and my life has change so much in a blink of an eye as I sit here so many thoughts pass my mind and I hate my self more and more. This has been the worst decision I have done and I wish I could just turn back the hands of time

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

It'll get better. You'll be able to eat whatever you want again some day. 30 pounds in 7 weeks is amazing. You should be so happy with that. Have you thought of going to a therapist and talking to them about how you are feeling? Regret is an awful thing so maybe someone could help you through it.

@@Wendydarling19 the first few months are so hard! You'll get there! You will notice huge changes within six months if you stick with it I promise! It'll get so much easier and you'll be so much happier (and lighter!)

I am thankful for the sleeve. I am thankful it allows my husband and I to participate in life instead of watching from our sofa. I am thankful for so many things due o the sleeve. Please get your head and heart straight and talk to your surgeon for professional help. My surgeon has a Life Coach on his staff who has helped me. I also get hungry, but I cannot allow anything to take me back 260 lbs. my husband and I lost. I wish you well.

I don't think a 30 lb weight loss in 7-ish weeks is 'only 30 lbs'. What was your expectation? Why are you still missing food, has your plan not allowed you to advance to a full diet yet? I guess I'm just kind of confused...you didn't have the surgery for no reason, you had it because of your weight and now you're rapidly losing weight. What's not going the way you want it to?

I strongly encourage you to get some therapy. I'm not quite sure what you expected - but 30 lbs lost is something to be excited about!

As said above don't get caught up on the #'s because it is phenomenal that you've lost so quickly. I had my surgery 6/30 and am down 37 lbs. in that short time I've gone down 3 sizes and can wear clothes I haven't fit into in years. I'm running down my stairs, and can hop out of bed. I'm off all meds except thyroid meds. My joints don't grind, and I know it can only get better from here. food wise, you soon will be cleared to eat whatever you can tolerate. After my doctor said those words I realized he said it for a reason. I asked him if I could eat salads again. He said; yes if you can tolerate it.

So far when I go out to eat I order things I love, and eat the Protein first. And find Some things I always enjoyed are flat. Or make me nauseous. No fun it because you eat so little. New things give me my ahh moments. I can't handle ice cream. So I make mini parfait's with yogurt and berries and diced banana.

I've spent my whole life fighting obesity. 50 years on this ride is too long. And now I know this is going to work for me. A very small price to pay for these results. Proud of myself for doing this, not in the least bit sorry!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Please see the magazine article by Dr. Adeyeri! " Your Mind is the #1 Tool for Bariatric Weight Loss Success", which is on the right side of the screen. It is so well written. It might help you some. Good luck, take one day at a time.

My ONLY regret with VSG is not making it happen sooner.

Hang in there!!

Are you actually hungry? Or is it head hunger?

You're being completely irrational and silly. I'm going to blame the hormone dump that happens early out with the rapid weight loss.

When have you lost 30 pounds in less than 2 months before? That's actually pretty amazing weight loss. More than I had lost at that point, that's for sure. I'm sorry you miss "food", but remember, these early stages are just temporary. It's not always going to be like this. I found the further along I got and the more I healed and advanced stages, the more I felt less like a "patient" and more like a normal person who just can't eat as much as everyone else.

Here's a chart showing the expected losses with the sleeve. You are exactly or even above where you need to be.

Manage your expectations about this surgery. It's not magic. Weight loss still takes time and patience. Trust me, you'll have a much happier experience if you just realize that.

13254394_10208847862289770_3417482825694