Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bananas are NOT a low carb food

Love it.

Yes bananas are on my soft food as well in 2 oz portion and I like to have a fruit or veg now and then

I do agree not same as Oreo but I appreciate the nutrition reminder as well because it is good to make comparisons when choosing between foods. Esp helpful for those who don't use apps.

For me tracking keeps me aware and honest to myself.

Love it.

Yes bananas are on my soft food as well in 2 oz portion and I like to have a fruit or veg now and then

I do agree not same as Oreo but I appreciate the nutrition reminder as well because it is good to make comparisons when choosing between foods. Esp helpful for those who don't use apps.

For me tracking keeps me aware and honest to myself.

Yup. I just think @@OutsideMatchInside 's point is some carbs affect our bodies the same way. Sugar is sugar is sugar. And she's totally correct.

I posted a TED Talk video in another thread about how carbs affect our bodies. Very informative.

I found the quote "madadams" posted here:

Do you recall way back when you wrote something indicating that you're a grown-up and I told you I'd thought until then that you were an undergrad? Now you know why.

I'm in no way opposed to doing research -- I do it all the time -- but not when it's someone else's.

I am just waiting for someone to post that they make banana smoothies and drink it through a straw .

Oh, let the old walruses put straws up their noses. Why is the topic always volatile? Do what you want, straw or no, and shut up.

Sorry, couldn't help myself... :D

3d40a01a21c34bfc2d687797df5b3453.jpg

Ugh lol. Funny

Edited by LisaMergs

c98eb8746467004e9033b2b6b7e10a5d.png

b2447e3e75b1a5f6307b01a319d2ce47.png

They basically have the same macros as 3 oreo Cookies. Almost no Fiber, lots of sugar and just pure carbs.

Fruits that are low carb

Less than 5 Net carbs (subtract the fiber)

• 1/2 cup of raw strawberries (3.3 net carbs)
  • 1/2 cup of raw raspberries (4.2 net carbs)
  • 1/2 of a medium peach (4.3 net carbs)
  • 5 whole sweet cherries (5.1 net carbs)
  • 1/2 of a kiwi fruit (4.3 net carbs)
  • 1 medium apricot (3.2 net carbs)
  • 1/2 medium Haas avocado (3.7 net carbs)
Less than 10 net carbs

• 1 cup of raw strawberries (6.6 net carbs)
  • 1 cup of raw raspberries (8.4 net carbs)
  • 1/2 cup of raw blueberries (8.6 net carbs)
  • 1/2 cup of raw boysenberries (8.0 net carbs)
  • 1/2 cup of blackberries (5.9 net carbs)
  • 1/2 cup raw grapes (7.1 net carbs)
  • 1/2 cup raw pineapple (8.7 net carbs)
  • 1 raw plum (8.6 net carbs)
  • 1 medium tangerine (9.4 net carbs)
  • 1 raw lime (7.1 net carbs)
  • 1/2 medium apple (9.0 net carbs)
  • 1/2 Valencia orange (5.2 net carbs)
  • 1/2 cup raw honeydew melon (7.8 net carbs)
  • 1/2 cup raw cantaloupe (5.7 net carbs)
When it comes to low carb and healthy choices, berries are the most bang for your buck with fruit.
And don't forget the antioxidant properties.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

If you are eating the peel...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10725161

I was referring to the Berries

Do you recall way back when you wrote something indicating that you're a grown-up and I told you I'd thought until then that you were an undergrad? Now you know why.

I'm in no way opposed to doing research -- I do it all the time -- but not when it's someone else's.

>

I am just waiting for someone to post that they make banana smoothies and drink it through a straw .

Oh, let the old walruses put straws up their noses. Why is the topic always volatile? Do what you want, straw or no, and shut up.

Wow.

I must have missed something.

Things getting steamed up over straw jokes and fruit ????

>>

"You aren't acting like yourself. Have a Snicker's Bar" (or however the ad goes).

Snickers
Nutrition Facts
Mars Snackfood US Snickers CruncherMars Snackfood US Snickers Cruncher
Amount Per 1 bar fun size (15 g)1 serving 1.56 oz bar (44 g)1 serving 1.66 oz bar (47 g)100 grams1 serving 1.56 oz bar (44 g)
Calories 215
% Daily Value* Total Fat 11 g 16% Saturated fat 6 g 30% Trans fat 0.2 g Cholesterol 4 mg 1% Sodium 83 mg 3% Total Carbohydrate 28 g 9% Dietary Fiber 0.8 g 3% Sugar 20 g Protein 3 g 6% Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 4% Iron 1% *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

:)

Edited by 4MRB4PHOTO

>>

"You aren't acting like yourself. Have a Snicker's Bar" (or however the ad goes).

Snickers

chocolate bar

Nutrition Facts

:)

You're my new hero...

>

Wow.

I must have missed something.

Things getting steamed up over straw jokes and fruit ????

Naaah, just the Status Quo for her.

She reminds me of Dennis Miller in the way she has to try to make herself look intellectually superior.

Except Dennis Miller is sometimes actually funny.

I am sure she is very intelligent, based upon her writings.

Sometimes I'm blown away by the lack of understanding about even basic nutrition. Especially by people who have had major surgery to deal with their obesity issues.

Hi Babbs! Glad to see you posting. BTW...per this thread, I know bananas are not the best choice, but every once in a while with my Cereal...bananas are good. B)

She reminds me of Dennis Miller in the way she has to try to make herself look intellectually superior.

You can't have it both ways. Either she's not acting like herself or this is her status quo.

She doesn't "...[have] to try make herself look" anything. Complaints about her mode of expression, thought process and personality should be addressed to her parents, teachers and others who had a hand in her upbringing.

/>

>

You can't have it both ways. Either she's not acting like herself or this is her status quo.

She doesn't "...[have] to try make herself look" anything. Complaints about her mode of expression, thought process and personality should be addressed to her parents, teachers and others who had a hand in her upbringing.

Thank you for proving my point.

Yes, you are quite intelligent, based upon your writings. But this is not the forum to teach proper diction.

Perhaps you can profess your self-perceived intellectual superiority on the MENSA forum?

A sign of a much higher level of intelligence or even an aptitude in the written language, is not having to profess it at every opportunity someone gets or a futile attempt to make someone appear inferior.

Edited by 4MRB4PHOTO

Hormone therapy for everyone!!!

Hormone therapy for everyone!!!

Rampant hormones happens with rapid weight loss.

I think too much estrogen is flowing instead of testosterone in me right now. I feel like watching the Oxygen Network and crying. :)