Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So happy people are chiming in on this thread!

I'm getting a little battle fatigued over the holidays and the mania -- got sloppy with eating, didn't join a gym until late December, but now working out 2-4x a week with spin and/or pump class, plus trying to fit in walks with the kids every chance I get that it's not frigid or rainy/snowy. I can't wait for spring to get more fresh air!

I know it's not good to compare, but I'm relieved to see others in the 50-lb range. I see some random posts of people dropping 75+ lbs since November and was a little freaked out that I'm dragging my feet.

I haven't taken measurements, but went from a 22 to a 16 in LB, and I am excited to say I am a medium top and large bottom in most casual wear. Yayyy!!!

Still working my way through all my skinny clothes from years past, but I will need tops and dresses for summertime. So excited to shop and get out of all my black, black, black clothes.

How is everyone doing getting in enough Protein while not going too high on carbs and calories? I do a shake every morning with my coffee, so 30 grams in then, but trying to balance staying under 50ish carbs a day while getting in Protein and staying under 900 calories is tough.

I seem to be consistently at 1100 calories, 100 grams protein, 60-80 carbs -- hence the slower loss this past month. I'm buckling down to get back to the shakes and keep the numbers down, but I want to incorporate real food back in for my future. I don't mind shakes short-term (up to a year,) but I don't want to have to rely on them so much to stay in the calorie/protein range, either.

I know we lost our thread with the update, bumping it to get it back out to the trending area.

It's great to hear that you are motivated and working out! Do you or did you get dizzy from the excersing? That's what happens to me. My Iron is low so that may be the contributing factor.

I haven't focused on the calorie intake because I can't stress out over it all. I'm not eating what I was eating before. My main concern is getting my Protein and Water in. I also do a scoop of Protein powder in my latte.

You ever watch Dr. Weiner's YouTube videos? He has one video where he talks about food. Very informative.

@lalame, I had a really great, easy recovery, and held off exercising due to just crazy scheduling issues until, basically, January 1st (3.5 months in.) II have no issues working out, aside from being really out of shape! LOL. I do take an Iron supplement, in addition to the other calcium/multivitamins recommended by the bariatric team. I always test as borderline low Iron, need the boost.

I will have to check out the video and some Pinterest ideas. Now that things calmed down, I can focus some more on getting the recipes down. I am bored eating the same dozen things that are quick and ready to go, need to mix it up -- but keep the ratios/calories correct.

What exercises are making you dizzy?

@Heather,

Running and weight lifting does it. I NEED to lift weights to get my strength back. Pinterest is great for recipies. I did a barbaric eating search and great recipies came up. I made the pizza with ground chicken. Really good!

Hello. Sleeved 9/21/16. I, too, have been struggling with making sure I get my Water in. I've also been more lax with my eating, but have started working on both those things this week I feel like I'm getting back on track.

My weight loss feels slow and I'm in a bouncy stage right now. Down 2, up 1, up 1, down 3, down 1, up 2, etc. --you get the picture. The overall trend is down, but it's slooooow. Since surgery, I'm down almost 30 pounds, since August, I'm down almost 50.
Since Christmas I'm down about 5.

But honestly, I'm happy. I'm so much more comfortable in my body and in my clothes. Slow and steady right?

This is exactly where I am! 310 HW, 300 SW, 246ish CW. Sleeved 9/15.

I'm really good with fluids not as good with Protein. SO frustrated with the scale doing the +2 -3 +1 -1 thing. 246ish has been the same since before Christmas. I think I'm losing inches but not sure. Is such a long stall normal? It feels like it can't be.

@rolosmom7, I don't know it's normal. You could call the dr and see what they say. It's frustrating as hell.

I'm happy to report that my scale finally started moving again in just the last 2 days. Say a prayer that it keeps going down.

Hi Heather, your doing great. Yea I do a shake in morning too just cause I like doing shake for Breakfast unless eating breakfast with friends, stuck to eggs when do. I don't really count calories so much but thinking about probably around 10 00 - most days. Honestly I habe not paid attention to carb count so I need to start keeping eye on that cause might be why at first plateau now. Have increased pace when walking for exercise & also increasing amount exercise more now too but thanks for mentioning carbs because I forgot about keeping in check also.

I was sleeved 9/27 so far down 55 lbs feeling great but now I'm getting hungry. I need to stay on track. I feel that I could eat a lot more than 3 ounces and sometimes I do. I reach my Protein most days and exercise like crazy. Just wondering on the average how many ounces you eat per meal. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

So here I am, sleeved 9/8/16 was 274 at 5'7'. Today i am 174. Size 11/12 is getting baggy. I have no eating restrictions at this point. Nothing has ever made me sick. I ate a whole sleeve of Girl Scout Cookies the other day. I do work out 3x a week, and I am very active. Still losing very slowly at this point. Hoping to lose 34lbs more. What are people losing at this point. Mine seems to go in spurts, nothing for 2weeks than 5-6 ponds fall off.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi there everyone [emoji4]. So happy to hear from the September sleevers. My surgery was 9/15/16. Surgery weight 389 lbs. I'm down to 306 lbs and can't wait to get below 300!!! I still have a long way to go, but I'm feeling so much better and getting around so much easier. I've noticed my hair is starting to thin out, I hope it doesn't get much worse [emoji4]. So thankful for this journey. I could never have done this on my own. My insurance would not pay anything on my surgery, so I depleted my 401 to pay for it. Best decision I ever made. Money is really tight these days, but I don't regret a single bit of it. My body was shutting down. I'm so thankful for this journey I'm on. We can do it!!! Blessings to all of you, I love being motivated by you[emoji8][emoji8]