Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Onedeterminedchick,good luck with your journey and surgery this week. I am 5 wks pre op, Surgery is10/25 can't wait for the surgery to be done.

Good luck

Sent from my SM-N900T using the BariatricPal App

@@allies journey Thanks so much! I'm so excited I'm ready to get this behind me. Good luck to you as well. Hang in there

Hi all new to site so I hope I joined thread correctly. I just had sleeve done on 09/20, so just got home yesterday. Trying to concentrate now on getting the 64 oz in. Have had hiccups so realize why & slow down more, has helped. Just sore still, worst pain is still some left shoulder pain from gas during surgery? Any body else have & suggestions that helped. Walked over mile between day 1 & 2 in hospital & got better but some pain still there. Thanks for setting up thread. Good luck to 09/21 & 09/22 people.

Sent from my SM-S902L using the BariatricPal App

@@veryblessed Congrats on your surgery! Sounds like you're doing well. Other than walking for the gas pain - you can try moving your arms a lot (scissor them as you walk or even just move them around while you're sitting) and a heating pad might help some. Good luck on your journey!!!

Hi all new to site so I hope I joined thread correctly. I just had sleeve done on 09/20, so just got home yesterday. Trying to concentrate now on getting the 64 oz in. Have had hiccups so realize why & slow down more, has helped. Just sore still, worst pain is still some left shoulder pain from gas during surgery? Any body else have & suggestions that helped. Walked over mile between day 1 & 2 in hospital & got better but some pain still there. Thanks for setting up thread. Good luck to 09/21 & 09/22 people.

I just had my week check up today - was told no one really gets 64oz in the first week or so, just drink as best you can. It made me feel a lot better to know I was normal. I work on getting down a 32oz bottle of Powerade zero, as well as 2 shakes and 8 oz cups of Water in between. I'm not always successful, but they assured me it's normal. Hope you heal fast!

@@veryblessed Congrats on your surgery! Sounds like you're doing well. Other than walking for the gas pain - you can try moving your arms a lot (scissor them as you walk or even just move them around while you're sitting) and a heating pad might help some. Good luck on your journey!!!

Thanks for the tips KristenLe.

I just had my week check up today - was told no one really gets 64oz in the first week or so, just drink as best you can. It made me feel a lot better to know I was normal. I work on getting down a 32oz bottle of Powerade zero, as well as 2 shakes and 8 oz cups of Water in between. I'm not always successful, but they assured me it's normal. Hope you heal fast!
Thanks rolosmom7. Yes you are right. Nurse called yesterday & told me the same thing. She said gradually will get easier. each day it is getting easier to get more fluids in.

My surgery was the 13th. Couple of days with significant discomfort but not nearly as bad as I anticipated. Sorting out head hunger from real hunger...which is eliminated. Doing Protein shakes, crystal light, sugar free Jello, and cream of mushroom Soup. I move to puréed foods tomorrow and I am a bit nervous. Not that I won't tolerate them but rather I will not be as disciplined. I am fixated with the scale which has to stop because if I don't see a drop, I worry that I am doing something wrong. Open for advice. Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

My surgery was 09/21 & I just got home yesterday. I'm going to be honest & say recovery is a lot more difficult than I was expecting.

I'm having the most trouble with nausea- I can live with the pain but the constant sick feeling is horrid! Meds help & it gets easier as time passes.

Oh and this is probably TMI but my period decided to arrive early - about 20 minutes before I was due in surgery!! Yes, they can still go ahead and did. I get nausea at that time normally so that on top of surgery has really knocked me around.

Im feeling thoroughly miserable but i still have no regrets & im happy I have other people's stories to read on here or i would be feeling a lot worse mentally.

Sent from my iPod touch using the BariatricPal App

@"veryblessed" Congrats on your surgery! I too was sleeved on 9-20, almost 2 wks out now. Stomach pain is minimal , but found I had more abd pain after the staples removed... Strange ..but I Am definitely not pushing the food limits! Sticking w soft foods, eggs, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese. I'm finding the foods I crave no longer taste good when I try them. How are you doing now?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@Katie09/22/2016. Congrats on your surgery and surviving starting your period on the day of surgery! That sucks! I was luckily 4 days post , thank god! I hear lots of women experience hormonal changes also post sleeve . I was banded previously and had it removed 4 months prior to VSG. I think we can expect mental changes! Hang in there and I hope your nausea has improved!

I had my surgery 9/21 and am doing great! Only 5 pounds lost so far though :( my recovery has been so smooth, not one single issue. I can drink Water normally and have no pain in my incisions. I hope the weight loss picks up once I get back to work and start working out a few times a week. I started the journey at 256 and am now at 235! I just can't wait to be under 200.

@Katie09/22/2016. Congrats on your surgery and surviving starting your period on the day of surgery! That sucks! I was luckily 4 days post , thank god! I hear lots of women experience hormonal changes also post sleeve . I was banded previously and had it removed 4 months prior to VSG. I think we can expect mental changes! Hang in there and I hope your nausea has improved!

Thanks for your support! My nausea has pretty much disappeared (thankfully!!) I'm going ok, recovery is a bit trickier than I expected but not bad considering most of my guts were chopped out

Sent from my iPod touch using the BariatricPal App

Sleeved 9/19, awesome recovery; able to get in all protein/water/vitamin requirements, back at work FT, etc., etc., trying to squeeze in a little walking in between hectic schedule.

I'm hungry though! I thought I wouldn't be, but I'm at 2 weeks out and need some sort of solid food. I'm having 2 ounces of smoked salmon, and that holds me. I kind of skipped the week of puree/mush/cream Soups and have one "meal" of salmon or pureed ground turkey mixed in pureed chili -- about one half cup. Then I can get by with the Water and Protein shakes, but I was going crazy on all liquids, and broth wasn't cutting it.

I lost 14 pre-op, 6 the first week, only 2 the second week. I know, I know, healing, not a race, don't compare, yada, yada, yada, but I feel like this is kinda slow for the first big month of loss! I expected a slowdown in month 2-3, not week 2-3!

@@rolosmom7

My surgery was on the 2nd. Pureed/soft/soft solids. Made cauliflower pizza for dinner. It was really good.