Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm joining this awesome site from a far away land... haha just Australia but I like to be dramatic.

I made my surgery date with my Dr for the 8th of October. When he first suggested this date I was so excited but now I've had a few hours to think about it the nerves are starting to come out.

Im currently 165kg/363 pounds (I diffenatly like looking at my weight in kg, it seems less lol). I'm 30yr old and have CPTSD. I've used food as a coping strategy for dealing with abuse as a child, but through intensive therapy I finally feel I am at a place to tackle my weight problem. Slowly changing my habbits and attitudes towards food has helped but I feel the sleeve surgery will be an extra tool in my belt.

Im a mother to 3 little ones, I'm actually weaning my 5.5 month old from breast feeding to reduce the stress my body will be under after surgery and I'm also tired of either being pregnant or breastfeeding for the past 7yrs.

So far this site has been great to read through! I'm looking forward to reading more abd hopefully replying to some threads.

Hopefully I'll get to know you all soon xx

Congratulations you will not know yourself in a few months. I am from Brisbane. My starting weight was 110kg now 88kg. I found it difficult in the first few weeks keeping to liquids and soft foods. I missed chewing I think. One mistake I made when I went onto a normal diet was to try and eat steak! Easier to eat mince!

Also you might feel a little tired. I couldn't drink Water and still can't ( I used to drink it before the surgery) I now drink a litre of coconut Water per day plus herbal teas to keep hydrated. I still have issues with portion sizes. If I eat out I no longer order a main I order an entree size as my main. Can't fit it in! So I tend to eat a little off my family's plates like I am a child.. Anyway, you will be fine and in a few months the operation will be so far behind you. At 8 months post I am very happy with my energy levels. It's just the exercising now..good luck with your op

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hey Dietbelle - How did you go with the preop diet? My Dr wants me to do 4 weeks Optifast and the idea terrifies me!

Hi Ebony Rose and Dietbelle,

Great to find some aussies on here!

I am also from Brisbane and my surgery date is next week 16/09.

i am on week 3 of my 4 week pre-op diet and very excited and nervous about the big day next week!

Hope you are both doing well :)

I'm from Brisbane too, no way lol

This was honestly the best thing I've done for myself in years. I'm 31, 3.5 months post op and I've lost 33.5kg meaning I'm halfway to my goal Who's doing your surgery?

Go the blues!

Just thought I'd get that out there lol where are all the people from NSW..

Im going with Dr James Chau he is based in Miranda.

#Feekenstien - how goes the diet?

#Jobey - 33kg in 3 months :0 oh my goodness, thats freakin awesome mate lol (I feel like I need to talk more aussie on here). How are you feeling? I've got around 90kg to lose.

Yay Brisbane! Stone the crows!

I've gone with Dr George Hopkins at Holy Spirit Northside

@@Ebony Rose the diet is going ok... I found week 2 to be a lot harder than this week but that might be because I can see the finish up ahead? I know it's tough now but it's going to get even tougher soon before it gets better but it will definitely be worth it!

@@Jobey Wowsers! You must be so happy and proud of yourself and what you have accomplished?

Hi everyone and G'day !

I used to live in Sydney, Bondi Beach, moved to Queensland few years ago, and I now live on the Gold Coast.

I was sleeved 8th March 2016, and lost 29kg in 6 months.

@@Ebony Rose

It is normal to have fears and anxieties pre-op. I had many other surgeries in the past, and they never worried me.

The sleeve surgery, I was almost terrified. Very excited at first when I was approved, and then a nervous wreck a week before .....

And then I went to the hospital. I was given nice relaxing drugs, and next thing I was being wheeled into my room.

Everything went well, and I didn't feel too bad.

The first 2 weeks I found the toughest in my recovery, and then it was progressively getting easier and better.

This is a great forum, loads of wisdom and experience here.

All the best with your upcoming surgery.

@@Ebony Rose I feel great now and I weighed in this morning and it's 34 now [emoji4] I wanna lose a total of 65kg all up [emoji4]

I'm suronanded by Queenslanders! I don't blame - much better than Syd!

I'm finding this site useful.

@ - 29kg is awesome! Good job ????

@@Jobey - Your on fire.

Thanks for the responses guys its nice having people close to home.

Sent from my SM-G925I using the BariatricPal App

Congratulations , your date is right around the corner. Don't let the anxiety win the fight. The fear is normal , the anxiety is normal. The surgery is not as complicate as it seems when you remove the fear filters. I hope you have a good support system to help you with your little ones because you will need TLC yourself.Sending you Love and Light from the US

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@Ebony Rose how are you doing leading up to your surgery date? Are you getting through the pre op diet ok?

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Hi Ebony Rose and Dietbelle,

Great to find some aussies on here!

I am also from Brisbane and my surgery date is next week 16/09.

i am on week 3 of my 4 week pre-op diet and very excited and nervous about the big day next week!

Hope you are both doing well :)

Hi feekenstein, how was your surgery? How are you feeling? Mine is in Sydney on 20th Oct.

@@Ebony Rose how are you doing leading up to your surgery date? Are you getting through the pre op diet ok?

Sent from my SM-G900I using the BariatricPal App

@@poppys I'm feeling so much better one week post op! It's a bit rough the first couple days but it does get better each day. How are you feeling with your big day coming up?