Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many incisions?

Finally got my band to sleeve revision done. It was yesterday. First 3 hours was bad. Incision pain, general nausea, gas pains. After that I could walk and the pain subsided. Although nauseous, I tolerated Water well, and I never slimed (like I did with my lap band) and haven't thrown up yet. The first two walks, I got dizzy. That went away today. My surgery was done at 7 am, and I was released the same day at 4 pm. I was first in.

I'm not hungry at all. Today, on my 2nd day I was able finished 32 oz with 1 scoop Bariclear, going to make a new one to try to get 64 oz but don't think I'll be able to get that down by the end of the day.

So I see I have 7 incisions. I had like 4 for my lapband. How many did they put in you? Thanks!

I had eight, but was told 7 is typica. They realized one of the incisions was too far out from where they had to reach, so they didn't really use it, but had to cut another one closer in.

Sent from my SM-N910V using the BariatricPal App

I had 4 ... 3 for instruments and 1 in my belly button where they removed the stomach. No pain on the incision sites at all.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Thank you That's what I thought too... And what I had experienced for my lap band. I thought perhaps it's cause its a revision they needed three more incisions.

I had 4. The first 3 are from instruments and the larger one is on the left side of abdomen. I also had a JP drain.

Note to self: I don't have to take this day all at once but rather one step, one breath and one moment at a time. I am only one person.

I had 4. The first 3 are from instruments and the larger one is on the left side of abdomen. I also had a JP drain.

Note to self: I don't have to take this day all at once but rather one step, one breath and one moment at a time. I am only one person.

Thank you.

I had a robotic procedure. 4 punctures for instruments and one incision for removal of the stomach. At 3 weeks post-op all of my o.o sites are healed.

Op sites

I have 6 and one hurts like crazy. It's only my second day after surgery so I'm hoping the pain starts to chill out.

I have 6 and one hurts like crazy. It's only my second day after surgery so I'm hoping the pain starts to chill out.

Today was my 3rd day and I had one that hurt so bad too. I believe the nurse told me it was the site they pulled the large stomach through and put a mesh there. Feel better soon. Day 3 feels almost normal to me. Day 1 was not so good, neither was day 2.

I had a band to sleeve revision and I have 5 incisions. I am two weeks post op and one is still pretty sore. Doc says its normal because that was the deepest incision he had to make.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I had a band to sleeve revision and I have 5 incisions. I am two weeks post op and one is still pretty sore. Doc says its normal because that was the deepest incision he had to make.

Now I'm wondering why I got 7 incisions... Thanks for your input :). I'll call my doc tomorrow.

Finally got my band to sleeve revision done. It was yesterday. First 3 hours was bad. Incision pain, general nausea, gas pains. After that I could walk and the pain subsided. Although nauseous, I tolerated Water well, and I never slimed (like I did with my lap band) and haven't thrown up yet. The first two walks, I got dizzy. That went away today. My surgery was done at 7 am, and I was released the same day at 4 pm. I was first in.

I'm not hungry at all. Today, on my 2nd day I was able finished 32 oz with 1 scoop Bariclear, going to make a new one to try to get 64 oz but don't think I'll be able to get that down by the end of the day.

So I see I have 7 incisions. I had like 4 for my lapband. How many did they put in you? Thanks!

I had 5 incisions

Sent from my SM-N920T using the BariatricPal App