Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wow. With the exit of so many vets...

Can someone fill me in on what happened here?

I didn't sign in for a long time when I broke my back and eventually had surgery.

I came back and the whole site is different, and not necessarily better.

I heard a lot of the vets left and I don't know why. There were a lot of us who liked to keep in touch. Now I have no way to reach any of my online friends. I really miss Cowgirl Jane.

Can anyone explain what the heck happened to everyone? I Know it's difficult when a lot of the forums have all the wls surgeries mixed together. RNY, Band and sleeve don't have much in common other than we are thinner.

Oregondaisy I sent you a pm.
There was an issue with bullying, pm's being sent and pm's being read! Resulting in some people being banned and others leaving in solidarity. The site is relatively quiet these days but I suppose it will build up again given time.
Groups no longer exist and so all the contacts we had together seem to have disappeared. I have tried pm ing some but they don't seem to log on. Glad you are back.

3 hours ago, UK Cathy said:

Oregondaisy I sent you a pm.
There was an issue with bullying, pm's being sent and pm's being read! Resulting in some people being banned and others leaving in solidarity. The site is relatively quiet these days but I suppose it will build up again given time.
Groups no longer exist and so all the contacts we had together seem to have disappeared. I have tried pm ing some but they don't seem to log on. Glad you are back.

Hi Oregondaisy. Cathy is right. I'm not sure who's left and who's gone. I miss alot of the vets as well but before Alex banned some of these folks, the site was full of conflicts and ratcheted up posts. I'm in touch with a few of the old timers but it's just a few at this point. I'm just hoping all my old friends who were on this site are doing well.

There is also just a change in attitude. Anyone that doesn't pat people on the head for eating 1/2 a pizza on day 10 was considered a bully.

That seems to have died down some and people are better able to take suggestions and constructive criticism.

Still with the void of people over 12 months out, there is less here for Vets, which means long term less vets will be active.

I'm not even a real Vet (I think people beyond 3 years are Vets) but I am probably the furthest from surgery of people that post daily or close to everyday. If it ever stops raining and I can get my summer going, I won't be posting much either.

It is a shame, this was the most active site, the other ones are dead dead dead. Oh well. At least I have my Keto groups.

Ever think some people left because a lot of you were really mean to them? I've had many many people message me privately about this. Sorry but it's true. Not gonna name names.

This board has been through this before. Generally I take a hiatus and come back periodically. I'm sorry to read that things blew up on highly valued members who gave a lot and have a lot of experience. Hopefully a break will bring them back around.

There are a few of us in the woodwork that come out... it is difficult to keep the same level of interest and excitement as the years. And a decade ! Add on to the post op.
I still get lots of inspiration from here. Sad to not see many frequent posters tho ....

16 hours ago, Julie norton said:

Sad to not see many frequent posters

hi @Julie norton my friend:)

i'm still hanging around 5+ years, seeing

and listening to great advice from VETS like you.

welcome newbies et al - you are the VETS of

tomorrow - we're waiting to hear from you!!!

we're not getting older,- we are YOUNGER, Better, :rolleyes:

and thinner!!

kathy

Thanks for the great words Kathy. We are still here. Still working our program. Arguing with about 5 lbs right now. Not so bad... life is good!

I left because I got tired of nasty people. I consider forums like I consider personal contacts. I don't choose to hang out with rude people.

i am back. I regained 40 pounds and got disgusted the other day when I saw my reflection in the grocery store sliding door. Victory shall be regained. I will try to be more thick skinned. There are a lot of very sweet people here like proudgrammy.

8 hours ago, gmanbat said:

sweet people here like proudgrammy.

@gmanbat

awwwww, you are the sweetie!!!

i think we are forming the

mutual admiration club:rolleyes:

kathy

It's a shame that participation has diminished. I've only had great experiences in here and have participated less due to not having any problems. Bad reason, but the truth...

I'm still about 10 lbs higher than lowest weight, but I'm fine with that. I think I'm 5 pounds higher than my revised goal.

I'm hoping to participate more, and not just when I'm seeking help.

Andrew