Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any So Cal Sleevers?

@@shelliluv, Thanks, you are way to kind!!

I have heard good things about Dr Cuneen, sounds like your in great hands and Cedar Sinai is a excellent hospital

As far as any words of wisdom...

I would recommend finding or having a good support system, that has helped tremendously! Also do not be discouraged when you have your stalls, stay on track and the weight will eventually drop.

Also drink lots of Water, exercise, take your Vitamins and eat your Protein. In the beginning its difficult but try to be diligent.

Most importantly... Enjoy this journey and your transformation! I look back at where I started and as much as the physical transformation is great, the mental transformation is beyond words. I'm truly happy and feel very blessed and I hope it will be the same for you

Good luck to you!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@Christy5913

thank you so much for the great advice. I'm actually having a really difficult time finding any sort of support group near me. I've gotten most of my information from others on these boards and I don't personally know anyone that has had WLS. but I am really appreciating you

GSV surgery date 9/19/26

@@shelliluv, you are so very welcomeThis website is a great source for information and support!!!

I had my surgery through Kaiser that offer there own support groups to attend but if I hear of any others I will definitely let you know and like I said in an earlier post, do not hesitate to contact me or others here on this site... We are here to help you.

Wishing you the very best in your journey

Hi All!

I was born and raised in Anaheim, moved to Palm Springs in 2009 but I am back in Anaheim several times a month to restock on Korean/Japanese products.

I was sleeved last year - 9/26/15, I am coming up to my 1 year! Before and after attached.

Starting weight was 296, currently at 195.

post-264647-0-54865400-1473896698_thumb.jpg

i'm in la, hoping for a band to vsg conversion. my surgery will be at ucla.

I'm looking for other So Cal sleevers to walk through this journey with. anyone out there?

GSV surgery date 9/19/26

I'm praying for December surgery! I am in Camarillo California!

Sent from my SM-G930V using the BariatricPal App

I'm looking for other So Cal sleevers to walk through this journey with. anyone out there?

GSV surgery date 9/19/26

Hey I live in So Cal..I am looking for others to walk this path with.

Sent from my LG-K550 using the BariatricPal App

@@roxsannalee

I'm in Orange county and was sleeved on 9/19.- I am still a newbie but here for you !

GSV surgery date 9/19/26

I am in San Pedro was sleeved on 8/18...if you need support on the diet after surgery...I'm here...I am still working thru it.

Sent from my LG-K550 using the BariatricPal App

I'm in Culver City, VSG is scheduled for 11/10 at Cedars. I would love to be in touch with someone local . I have less than 30 days to go and I'm a little panicked that I haven't lost any weight since my initial consult in July. I am now gearing up for the pre-op diet, and am starting now so I can have some more time to get used to new new relationship with food. I'm nervous about loose skin. Any advice on what, if anything, I can to help prevent or minimize it? I'm 5'7, weigh 255. Eeks!

@joy4you. I had my surgery at Cedars 2.5 years ago. Im 130lbs down and at goal. I'm in the sherman oaks area. I'd be happy to talk to you or answer any questions you have. Who is your surgeon?

I'm in Culver City, VSG is scheduled for 11/10 at Cedars. I would love to be in touch with someone local . I have less than 30 days to go and I'm a little panicked that I haven't lost any weight since my initial consult in July. I am now gearing up for the pre-op diet, and am starting now so I can have some more time to get used to new new relationship with food. I'm nervous about loose skin. Any advice on what, if anything, I can to help prevent or minimize it? I'm 5'7, weigh 255. Eeks!

You'll be in good hands at Cedars. I was just there yesterday afternoon to see my endocrinologist, and have always had a positive experience. I had surgery in Mexico because my insurance wasn't going to cover any of the costs, but would have had it locally otherwise (though I had a terrific time in Mexico).

I don't have any loose skin. Losing s l o w l y seemed to help the most in regards to my skin having time to adapt and minimizing Hair loss. It's not as satisfying when you step on the scale and don't see the numbers changing as often, but it has its perks. I think your age, how long you've been at your current weight, and other factors contribute to whether you'll have loose skin, in addition to the rapidness of weight loss.

One of my favorite places for low carb is Pampa's Grill in Culver City. We usually go after work and pick up dinner to have at home later.

I was sleeved on 9/19 @ Cedars. they have an incredible program and I cannot be happier. Dr Cunneen is my surgeon and one of the best! I'm in Orange County and less than a month out but please feel free to contact me and I'll help in anyway that I can

GSV surgery date 9/19/26

I was sleeved on 9/19 @ Cedars. they have an incredible program and I cannot be happier. Dr Cunneen is my surgeon and one of the best! I'm in Orange County and less than a month out but please feel free to contact me and I'll help in anyway that I can

GSV surgery date 9/19/26

The program is amazing. Dr. Burch was my surgeon and he's been an incredible support. Great follow up. I'm 2.5 years post surgery and maintaining a 130 lb loss