Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wondering if there others that are getting a surgery but are starting out doing the Saxenda injections. I started on the Saxenda on 8/9/16 and have lost almost 15lbs from my HW. I really like it. Anyone else?

Did it for 4 months. Worked great, definitely not hungry. Lost almost 20 lbs. Went off of it because the price was obscene at best, criminal at worst. Promptly gained the weight back.plus another 10. I could have bought a used car for what I spent on it. Now opting for VSG,

To Meow999 - just so you know it is very easy to regain weight with the sleeve. You have to stay away from carbs forever.... It is only a tool and if your mind isn't truly into the program, you will regain. Good luck

I'd be interested to find out if anybody is using Saxenda AFTER having WLS?

I had my one year check up with my surgeon's PA yesterday (9/6), and we talked about how much more weight I wanted to lose (I've currently lost 177 pounds but would like to lose another 50 at least). We went over some things to help achieve that goal, but she mentioned at this point the weight loss would be slow at best.

Today I received a voice mail from her that when she talked to my surgeon about me later in the day, he recommended possibly taking Saxenda. If I was interested in taking it to contact them back.

I haven't yet contacted them back, but I did think it seemed odd to consider taking it now over a year out of WLS.

Edited by DangerMouse007

Regarding easy weight gain with the sleeve, I am not big into carbs anyway. My routine diet is primarily Protein and veggies anyway. Granted I picked up the weight over years of really bad dietary choices. I just have a horrible time getting it off. My issue is quantity, pure and simple. I don't comprehend full.

I don't know who said this but..."How much Healthy Choice ice cream can you eat before it's no longer a healthy choice?"

I have a lap band, gosh I can't remember off hand the date I got it! Funny, never thought I'd forget that date! Well anyway, I've had it for a good 5 years maybe. I lost 80 pounds then all weight loss stopped. After speaking with my doctor, we believe it's my having PCOS that adds to the difficulties in finishing my weight loss goals. So.... she suggested I try Saxenda. I just started (3days in), so it's hard to give you a true opinion but I've lost 4 pounds so far. I know, it's really Water loss. But I'm hopeful this will help me achieve my full weight loss goal. I'm 239 now and I really want to be around 175 but I'd be thrilled to be under 200. I know this conversation thread is older, but I hope someone reads it! I'd love to hear how you all have done.

I just went in for my 6 month check up and my doctor is recommending starting Saxenda due to cravings and unhealthy snacking. I'm hoping it curbs my cravings and that I will start losing weight again!

Hey!

I take Saxenda. I'm on my second month and I've lost 17 pounds. Others loose faster. I think I have a metabolism that's slow as a snail. But anyway, check out on a Facebook a page I joined called "Saxenda Support Group." It has over 5,000 members and it offers a wealth of information from people taking it. It's a very active page!! I have PCOS, so Saxenda is ideal. But it works for many others also. You will deal with nausea... but it goes away. It's super expensive but there are Discount Cards online. I pay $35 a month. But normally it's like $1.000. Good luck!

If you join the Facebook support page, I'm Cary Corcilius Gray.

I'm on that same group. I've lost 7 lbs in 2 wks. I'm preop.

Hey!
I take Saxenda. I'm on my second month and I've lost 17 pounds. Others loose faster. I think I have a metabolism that's slow as a snail. But anyway, check out on a Facebook a page I joined called "Saxenda Support Group." It has over 5,000 members and it offers a wealth of information from people taking it. It's a very active page!! I have PCOS, so Saxenda is ideal. But it works for many others also. You will deal with nausea... but it goes away. It's super expensive but there are Discount Cards online. I pay $35 a month. But normally it's like $1.000. Good luck!

I'm in Kentucky too, and I just started taking Saxenda for WL. I am almost 8 years post op and I've gained back 65 of the 437lbs I lost. I would like to lose that 65 + another 15lbs.

I have been on Saxenda for a week and have lost 8 pounds! I increased my medicine now to 1.2.

I wish my insurance would cover this medication! I look forward to hear how you do on it!

Hey!

What type pic discount card do you have please? I'm not sure where tho look.

Sent from my SM-N920T using BariatricPal mobile app

I had VSG last June 8. Since then I lost 106 lbs, going from 311 to 205. Then I put back on about 15 lbs. When I went to see my surgeon, he recommended Saxenda. I'm back at 205 after two weeks, and hopefully on my way to target at 190. I'm not sure how well I'll maintain 190, and moreover I'm a little concerned that the Saxenda may be making me eat an unhealthily low amount of calories. So now I'm focusing on Protein again, and we'll see how that goes, until I see my surgeon again in a couple of weeks. So far Saxenda's been super effective at helping me get back losing weight again, but I've got like ZERO desire to eat, and I get nauseous if I eat much at all. Not entirely sure how I feel about that.