Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When do you delete your online dating profile?

I have been on Plenty of Fish (POF) for about three months now and it has been an interesting experience. I have met (face to face) about 10 women during these 3 months. For the past month I have been seeing some one about twice a week. I am tempted to concentrate all of my attention on this person, but I keep getting sucked into POF's messages and likes. I am tempted to delete my profile on POF. Any suggestions or guidance?

I'm in the same situation with Tinder. I met someone who I really like and have been seeing him for just over 3 weeks and I'm no longer using Tinder. But I don't think he's deleted it yet and I don't think I'm ready for us to talk about it and me not sounding like a crazy girl lol

But I suppose it depends if you like her or not?? Cause if I found out this guy was still using Tinder I'd be hurt. But you could ask her about exclusivity rather than a full on convo about what you are?

@@Jobey

We did have a conversation about not actively pursuing anyone else. I have been able to live up to that promise. My struggle is with women who are reaching out to me.

I do like her and have had a great time every time we have spent time together. I am new to this whole online thing and don't want to mess this up.

Well if you really like her and see potential for something more then delete POF. Or ask yourself how you would feel if you knew she was doing what you are tempted to do?

Think about Internet dating as the same as real life but worst cause you're more trackable on the net if someone knows what they're doing.

You can hide your profile so ppl can't see it and message you. That way you can focus on her without distraction.

But, I think, if you like her and you want to see where it goes, you don't need the profile anymore, right? If it doesn't work out, just make a new one.

I met my husband online and after we agreed to focus on each other, we both agreed to delete our profiles 4 years together this January!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I don't delete my profile, I just delete the app off my phone. I have a POF profile and a Tinder profile, both of which I deleted off my phone about 18 months ago. I've put Tinder back on for a few days when I was bored, but I don't bother to actually delete them. If they aren't on my phone, I'm not using them, which I figure is good enough.

Past that, usually once you have agreed to be exclusive with someone, then you're done with those apps. I don't have a problem with someone not actually deleting their profile, but they had better not be logging in and using it, lol. Until I've made the commitment, I'm not promising I won't use the apps (even though I usually don't, haha), but once I am officially "the girlfriend" and he is "the boyfriend" then you're done with dating profiles.

OK. I am not great at multi-tasking. I am going to delete my POF profile and hope for the best. Wish me luck.

@@SleeveSoon

If you are really looking for a serious long term thing. Don't focus all your attention on one person, date several people and make them compete for your time. That makes it easier to weed people out and you don't end up dating one person for 90 days only to realize they are a complete waste of time. I think a month is too soon to zero in on one person. Dating is a numbers game.

@@SleeveSoon

If you are really looking for a serious long term thing. Don't focus all your attention on one person, date several people and make them compete for your time. That makes it easier to weed people out and you don't end up dating one person for 90 days only to realize they are a complete waste of time. I think a month is too soon to zero in on one person. Dating is a numbers game.

You're right, dating and not being serious to one person is all about a numbers GAME. Finding love is not about having a backup plan. My husband proposed to me after we were together only one month. 11 months later we got married. 4 years later, we still have a fantastic marriage because we are 100% committed to each other and have been that way since day one.

But I do think age is a factor here. If you're younger, play the game all you want I guess. When you're older it's easier to see quality

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@SleeveSoon

I once went on a date with someone who we seemed to have a chemistry that clicked very well. At the end of dinner, she told me that she is "deciding between me and another guy".

I thanked her for a nice evening and told her I didn't realize I was in a contest. I mentioned I would have originally wanted to see her again, drove her home and then wished her happiness with whoever she selects.

If someone (IMHO) is someone you seem to connect with then you should not keep drawing cards from the deck; I am sure whoever you meet that seems to be "the one" you would like to get to know better and date, to not date other people too to see if they can find someone better than you. Karma is a funny thing.

@@thisisthenewme Nice Story.

Most people can't get to know someone in a month. The older I get the less time I have to waste. I'm not going to date one person at a time unless they have really held my attention for a while. It is too easy for people to pretend to be one kind of person in the short term, but long term they can't keep that faking up.

Your profile picture has a baby in it, so I am guessing you are a family type of person. Everyone who is dating doesn't have those goals, seeking a long term companion for some people is about more than creating a family.

@@4MRB4PHOTO

This is like the third time you have told this story. I get it, your feelings were hurt. I don't get why people expect that someone who is dating them is only dating them. There is a reason is it called dating. She was rude for telling you it was a competition, but people should keep their options open. The kind of man that isn't willing to compete for my attention isn't the kind of man I am interested in. I have infinite things I could do with my time, if someone isn't worth my time and holds my interests, why should I spend time with them? I could cuddle with my dog.

Edited by OutsideMatchInside

@@thisisthenewme Nice Story.

Most people can't get to know someone in a month. The older I get the less time I have to waste. I'm not going to date one person at a time unless they have really held my attention for a while. It is too easy for people to pretend to be one kind of person in the short term, but long term they can't keep that faking up.

Your profile picture has a baby in it, so I am guessing you are a family type of person. Everyone who is dating doesn't have those goals, seeking a long term companion for some people is about more than creating a family.

@@4MRB4PHOTO

This is like the third time you have told this story. I get it, your feelings were hurt. I don't get why people expect that someone who is dating them is only dating them. There is a reason is it called dating. She was rude for telling you it was a competition, but people should keep their options open. The kind of man that isn't willing to compete for my attention isn't the kind of man I am interested in. I have infinite things I could do with my time, if someone isn't worth my time and holds my interests, why should I spend time with them? I could cuddle with my dog.

I do not remember posting this 2 other times but if have that much free time to go through over 1,150+ posts then I'll take your word I did. I just don't know how you have that much free time with all of the divisional bracket playoff dating you do. :)

My feelings weren't hurt, if I knew I was in a playoff tournament, I wouldn't have wasted my time and money on her.

A

1 month is way way too soon.

Also, when you're hot you're hot. Run with it. Date as many people as possible. Keep the momentum going.