Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved and at home recuperating!

Tuesday was the day for me. Doc said everything went well and I now have a nice little banana stomach. I do have to say that the drain was my biggest source of pain!! It made movement impossible without major pain. When they would "milk" it I felt like I was going to pass out. On Wednesday afternoon they started talking about releasing me but I was worried about all the pain on the drain side. My nurse said that once it is removed most if not all the pain will go away. When they took out the drain it was the most excruciating pain I have ever felt. .....possibly more than child birth. Once the devil drain was gone I had no pain other than a little pulling. While that drain was in I was definitely wondering what the heck I got myself into.

At home now with the heating pad on my tummy and in the recliner for now. Been walking and sipping as much as I can. Hopefully I can get in and out of my bed soon because the recliner will get old very quickly!!

Looking forward to future with my little banana

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Glad you are home and doing better. That drain sounds like a bear :wacko: I don't have a high pain tolerance so I hope the drugs are good to relieve the discomfort.

I'm sure you will continue to improve and I pray your healing is complete and without much discomfort.

Tuesday was the day for me. Doc said everything went well and I now have a nice little banana stomach. I do have to say that the drain was my biggest source of pain!! It made movement impossible without major pain. When they would "milk" it I felt like I was going to pass out. On Wednesday afternoon they started talking about releasing me but I was worried about all the pain on the drain side. My nurse said that once it is removed most if not all the pain will go away. When they took out the drain it was the most excruciating pain I have ever felt. .....possibly more than child birth. Once the devil drain was gone I had no pain other than a little pulling. While that drain was in I was definitely wondering what the heck I got myself into.

At home now with the heating pad on my tummy and in the recliner for now. Been walking and sipping as much as I can. Hopefully I can get in and out of my bed soon because the recliner will get old very quickly!!

Looking forward to future with my little banana

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Congratulations! Glad you doing well

Keep up the sipping, I am doing walking every couple of hours between naps... NO more pain meds for me today. Just Water and Protein Shakes. I'm still a little gassy, but when that happens it feels good. Haha

Good to hear you're home and resting/recovering well. That drain sounds nasty! I've read other posts in here about the drain. Seems some surgeons use it and others don't. Perhaps those of us that haven't had surgery yet can hope our surgeon prefers no drain! Speedy recovery!

Ok, I first read your title as "Sleeved at home and recuperating" and I was like Wha???? LOL

Drains are a beast! I had them for a different surgery. When they pulled it out I very nearly blacked out from the pain.

Yes the drain was not a happy point for me. I almost passed out as well.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

That was the first question I asked regarding surgery Drains? Fortunately, my Dr only uses them on those patients that are having revisions. I've had 5 drains in the past, and it is the worst pain EVER!!! I'm glad your are OUT and you are on the road to recovery. Best of luck with everything! Oh and BTW, Happy Birthday!

I did not have as much trouble with the drain in or coming out but I had them before so I was expecting it. And def nothing like child birth with my 4! I had them all natural and so my pain tolerance is pretty good.

Keep sipping and get those shakes in. It sounds like you will be feeling markedly better every day from now on! God bless!

Ummmm what is a drain?!?! Is it a catheter??

It's like a tube that's stuck in your incision to let Fluid drain out into a bag. My surgeon doesn't use drains or catheters which I'm super happy about.

I guess I was lucky and did not feel any pain during removal. It just felt like something was crawling inside of me for a second. Glad you are feeling better.

Note to self: I don't have to take this day all at once but rather one step, one breath and one moment at a time. I am only one person.