Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay, so I got my lapband back in Feb 2013 and everything was looking bright. I was ready to change my life and habits. I lost lots of weight and was on a new path. Fast forward to 2016, Ive gained half the weight I lost back and dont know where to begin.

I will make this short and sweet. I need advice and I need help right now. Its almost like im getting depressed about it all over again. Where should I start with my diet and workout plans? Its seems I have every excuse in the book when it comes to working out. I have an online boutique business that keeps me occupied and a 7yr old daughter with learning difficulties. Im in a rut and need advice seriously. Where do I start.

Anyone been here before?

Quinn

:(

Short and sweet advice --

Make an appointment with the surgeon's. You'll need an esophagram to see whether the band is in position and whether you're dilated. When there, discuss how your band is behaving now to determine whether an adjustment is needed.

A session with the RD certainly can't hurt toward reframing your food choices and meal planning. Between today and your appt with the RD, keep food trackers in minute detail and take them to the appt. Keep minutely detailed food trackers always.

Test your seriousness this minute. Go into the kitchen, put all the crap into a bag and carry it out to the trash.

You've done well before, you can do well again. Take a wild guess at how I know this.

Great advice. I cleared the kitchen when I read this earlier and made an appointment to check the band on thursday. I didnt even cry doing it because I knew it was the best advice anyone has given. Thanks again. #toughlovealwayswork

Short and sweet advice --

Make an appointment with the surgeon's. You'll need an esophagram to see whether the band is in position and whether you're dilated. When there, discuss how your band is behaving now to determine whether an adjustment is needed.

A session with the RD certainly can't hurt toward reframing your food choices and meal planning. Between today and your appt with the RD, keep food trackers in minute detail and take them to the appt. Keep minutely detailed food trackers always.

Test your seriousness this minute. Go into the kitchen, put all the crap into a bag and carry it out to the trash.

You've done well before, you can do well again. Take a wild guess at how I know this.

@@supersweet31, you are wonderful and I am brilliant. As I predicted, you're already doing well again.

You backslid because you are human, among other reasons known only to you. Don't get down on yourself. All you have to do is take the steps that make sense.

Small steps to give yourself s headstart you can start back on the Protein shakes to help you ease back into good habits as it sounds u live a busy life. Make sure when u go shopping u stock up on Protein rich foods. This keep u fuller for longer and stop u craving carbs and bad empty calories. I find the following good protein rich Snacks, baked Beans, eggs, little cans of tuna, cottage cheese, 4 bean mix the little cans. It is easier if u have all the right foods in your house, have on hand small pkts of sultana, nuts are great but not too many as gotta watch the fat in them but good to top up protein intake. Try and drink skim milk in your Protein Shakes and down load myfitness pal to track calories and protein intake and most importantly Water, Water and more water. Take care and it you'll get there

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I went through the same thing 6 years out from my sleeve. I am a good addict - I use food to Celebrate, to punish, as a salve....and after the death of my amazing mommy in 2014 who I took care of while dying, I backslid with a vengeance and all my old habits came back along with 50lbs I just could not seem to shake. Because going back to basics unfortunately did not work for me - between needing the additional surgical tools to help manage my eating/consumption and my even slower metabolism that was so desperate to get back to my "heavy weight" - scientific fact after extreme weight loss - I finally said to myself I am weak and I am strong. For the areas I am weak, I need help so that I Amy contour to succeed. So after many attempts to fix things myself I had a revision and am finally back on track with my Weightloss AND more importantly my healthy eating.

I am not advocating the revision, I just wanted to share my story with u and remind u that u are beautifully imperfect, we all are. So cut urself a break in the self-recriminations. U will find ur answer and overcome.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I was banded 8 years ago. Although I have kept off some weight, I have been yo yoing(spell check) since then. I am doing the revision to sleeve on 9/13. I am still obese and my life and health are severely limited by my weight. I went back to the same practice that did the band and I think that's as a good decision. Good luck to you.

Sent from my VS986 using the BariatricPal App

I didnt know you can go back and get a sleeve. Theres a new procedure that my surgeon is promoting which is the balloon. Have you heard of that?

I was banded 8 years ago. Although I have kept off some weight, I have been yo yoing(spell check) since then. I am doing the revision to sleeve on 9/13. I am still obese and my life and health are severely limited by my weight. I went back to the same practice that did the band and I think that's as a good decision. Good luck to you.

Sent from my VS986 using the BariatricPal App

@@supersweet31 No girl.... stay away from that balloon.... go read up on it.

I got banded Nov. 2009 and in 2013ish... i gained back 20lbs. I know it's not that much, but when my fav jeans didn't fit anymore.... I said... OHHHH HELL NO...!!!

I didn't go back to the dr, because after all it wasn't the bands fault...it was mine for making bad choices. So i started at the beginning.... i did liquids for 2 days, Protein shakes, good smoothies, Soup... etc. then i did soft foods for 3.... I through out all the bad stuff in the house... chips, ice cream, Cookies,.... etc. And i stopped buying them (if you don't buy, you can't eat them). I know it's hard with small kids at home to not have treats around... but if you fill your fridge with good treats, yogurt (frozen are great), fruit that you can eat, if you get chips... make them veggie chips or baked... and buy the small bags (lunch size) this why your not tempted to over eat. I cut up everything as soon as i get it so it's easily accessible.

Do what you can to move more..... I didn't track a thing... i fixed my plate (still using kids size, tiny bowls,.. etc) with what i knew was good for me and enjoy. Never got seconds... EVER even if i was still hungry. I limited my self to what i know was my portion. My weight was at 150ish.... Today i weighted in at 125. So it is doable... it will just take a little longer... Be patient......

In the end it doesn't matter what WLS you get, it's up to you to make the right choices.....People gain back from the band, sleeve, and GB..... It's all up to you and what you want and how you want your life to be.

Work your band the way you know works.... and just do it. You did it once, you CAN do it again.

I second the above great advice. As hard as it is, a dr. Appt helps many start back also. No one is perfect

(Except babbs and lipstick girl and jamielogical) ha

Sorry bayou girl... You're rockin the program too

Edited by Julie norton

I was banded in 2009 and I have lost 63 pounds, and no more. Actually I gained back 20 of it. I have pain at my port site, and I went in to my surgeon and had a barium swallow to see if there were any issues. There were none, the swallow went through the band just fine. The band was in place, and the port which was crooked for years is now flat. They told me since there is some pain at the port site that I need to just have the band taken out. $15,000 to do that? I eat certain foods and I throw them up. I try to avoid carbs and certain foods, but things like pizza, and fast food is a major no no. I end up throwing them up. So most likely I stay away from them. I think I am going in to get the sleeve put in, and removal of the band. I am considering going to Mexico to have it done with This organization. I have done a lot of research and I am really leaning towards bariatricpal. I didn't have any support when the band was put in It was done in Kansas City, and my fills were done in wichita near my home. I have not had a fill in 2 years. Does anyone have any recommendations on the sleeve vs the bypass?

Thanks

Supersweet,

How are things going? Just read your post about a year to late but love to know how you are doing now!

Blessings,

Jacquie

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App