Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Don't feel like a failure- I think a lot of us go through this...feeling the same way but I'm almost 9 weeks post op and I am just now getting my Protein in as far as food only. I'm almost up to 2 ounces of Protein at meals now. I did have a terrible time with Protein drinks after surgery because my surgeon wants us to drink Protein shakes in milk to be sure to get dairy. I'm fine drinking 3 glasses of milk each day but adding protein was awful. Way too heavy. But then a friend told me about syntex fuzzy navel Protein Shakes and oh my god- it is sooooo good! Like others have said, you have to find what you like. My surgeon didn't allow soup- only broth and I loved chicken broth- it's pretty much how I got most of my fluids in the beginning! The focus was fluids at first and to work up to the certain number of grams of protein per day. My appointment with the physiologist at 6 weeks showed my metabolism was higher; however I'd lost some muscle due to the lack of protein my body was can abolishing the lean muscle. It takes time, and I'm finding that now. I am happy to be down 42lbs since the preop diet and I love wearing new clothes.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Muscle milk is YUMMMY mainly the banana. Comes in 25 or 40 grams. I too am having those problems. Good luck

Thanks DRK

267/243/225

Surgery date 08/15/16

I haven't looked into the muscle milk, but see it everywhere. Is it whey Protein?

You can feel like a failure if you want to, or you can choose to succeed.

Sipping Protein powders all day can solve two of your obstacles:

Getting enough liquid and Protein.

Now, they are not all equal.

Some are loaded with fillers and taste like it.

unjury brand is really good.

They have unflavored which you can add to anything,

and some pleasant flavors.

That is a great place to start.

The products sold on this site are pretty good, too.

A lot of people seem to like nectar, but its pretty sweet.

Ordering online is the best way is a good way to shop around.

Many companies have sample packs so you can discover what you like.

And cheer up! You waited a long time for this.

In the words of the mayo Clinic Bariatric support Team,

"IT WILL WORK!!"

Today makes exactly 2 months since my surgery. And I'm having the exact same issues! I was so dizzy a few weeks ago that I had to go to the doctor. My surgeon is two hours away so I saw my primary. I started drinking pedialyte mixed with flavored water to thin it out and make it taste better. I started to feel so much better. I still struggle with fluids and I don't think there's been a day since surgery that I've hit my Protein target. I hate all Protein Drinks I've tried. The only thing I've found that I can stomach is unflavored Protein Powder and I mix it with Decaf coffee and sugar free vanilla Syrup. It's really trial and error. Just do the best you can and don't get discouraged. Everyone has these problems.

Although pedialyte has sugar, I found out that watered down, it kept me hydrated during a bout with the flu.

I'm glad you are aware of sipping Water or any flavored beverage w/ o sugar. I sometimes put a bag of mint tea into my water glass at room temperature.... Just to get some flavor and more liquids. Good luck.

Muscle milk is YUMMMY mainly the banana. Comes in 25 or 40 grams. I too am having those problems. Good luck

Thanks DRK

267/243/225

Surgery date 08/15/16

I haven't looked into the muscle milk, but see it everywhere. Is it whey Protein?

post-298403-1472660169421_thumb.jpg post-298403-14726601861801_thumb.jpg post-298403-14726602421813_thumb.jpg

It also comes in 40 grams. It's crazy I found it at the gas stations it seems like every gas station or a king super or grocery store has this product and I have to say the bananas super yummy I mean good. No chalkiness whatsoever!

Good luck and thanks!

267/243/224

Surgery date 08/15/16

@@Michilingi,

It’s not a question of feeling like a failure! It’s a question of being healthy. I’ve seen too many WLS patients end up in the emergency room because of dehydration. Getting in enough fluids is your most urgent priority.

Sip, sip, sip. All the time! If you’re having trouble with Water, try flavored water like Crystal Light or Dasani Drops or Nestle PureLife or Mio drops. Try Powerade Zero. Try Decaf tea (sweeten with a calorie-free sweetener if you like). Try broth and bouillon. Keep trying!

The same is true for Protein. Keep getting in as much as you can. Keep trying different types if you’re having trouble tolerating the ones you’ve been depending on.

I know it’s hard, but you will feel so much better – and probably stay out of the emergency room – if you can take care of yourself by staying hydrated and nourished.

And don’t feel like a failure! You went through a surgery that made drinking and eating nearly impossible!

How are you doing now?

I'm doing much better. I have found a Protein Shake I can tolerate.so I'm doing much better thankfully

Premier Protein. 30 grams per 11oz bottle