Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Back on pre op diet

Well quick bk ground

Went in for surgery 19th August 2016 (cheated abit) no really just went on to the food version of the liquid diet but guess I wasn't following it strictly. So on day of op went in surgeon went in but couldn't perform the sleeve without it having major implications.i was allowed to eat again but i sly over did it n now im bk on the liquid diet that I should've started from the 22nd but only managed to really put myself bk on from the 25th. Its so hard getting bk into it. Guess i just want to say it always good to try follow everything ur surgeon says.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

You may want to postpone until you have your head in the game. It's concerning you can't stick with preop diet even after surgery was cancelled. Not following your postop diet is dangerous!

Sent from my KFFOWI using the BariatricPal App

Edited by KristenLe

The preop diet is tough, no doubt about it but am concerned you are still struggling so much. The level of changes you make for surgery are drastic and post surgery there are no other options than to be complaint with your doctor's orders or you will be sick or hurt yourself. Ask yourself are you ready for all of that? This thing takes total commitment or it just isn't worth it! You'd be setting yourself up for failure postop and I wouldn't want that for anyone.

Yh i am ready but totally get what u were saying. I was just disappointed it been a year since I started the process n was so ready to start everything fresh was meant to do alot of things after surgery which i then had to postpone. Im sure that everyone has had slips. I found it hard just like everyone else did on there first couple days mine just happened to really hit me second time round. Imagine being on the liquid diet for 2/3 months it would get quite annoying n my mind took that it instead of all the reasons i really started the process. So yh im ready on day three n feeling much better.

Edited by kemstah

I hope you can find the discipline to stick it out and reap the rewards of big scale weight loss.

Your safety is what this is all about.

It doesn't matter what you perceive that other have done. This is your surgery and your safety. You can only be accountable to yourself. Don't let the cop out of what "other's must have cheated, too" be justification for anything.

It's all about you.

You can do this.

I hope you can find the discipline to stick it out and reap the rewards of big scale weight loss.

It doesn't matter what you perceive that other have done. This is your surgery and your safety. You can only be accountable to yourself. Don't let the cop out of what "other's must have cheated, too" be justification for anything.

It's all about you.

You can do this.

Definitely true, but simply want to state im only human n everyone has ups n downs n i needed to kick myself in the butt n get bk on track

It's all about you.

You can do this.

Definitely true, but simply want to state im only human n everyone has ups n downs n i needed to kick myself in the butt n get bk on track

Yup.....everyone is human.

If you are going to go with that line of logic.....what everyone else is doing.......then think about those that stick it out and stay stick to their pre-op & post-op diets. If they can do it so can you.

You'll get it this time. You've learned a great deal through all of this.

You can do it.

I don't even know what the "food version" of the pre op diet would be. What did you eat? The most solid thing I am eating is Jello.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Well, it seems I can identify with DUB. I'm 6'3" 365 Lbs. Male. I start the pre-op liquid diet next week. I'm nervous as I see many are, but I'm determined to make it work. I'll turn 70 yrs. old this year so its really a last chance for me. My age coupled with my size has made it extremely difficult to do even the most most simple physical things that I've been used to doing most of my life.Finally got clearances from all my doctors to proceed. Had a coronary artery stent a year ago so that delayed me for a year. (no heart attack but close to it at the time) Anyway, glad to see that people are willing to share their stories here, especially you, Dub.

I don't even know what the "food version" of the pre op diet would be. What did you eat? The most solid thing I am eating is Jello.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Breakfast

• 3 tablespoons of Branflakes or fruit and Fibre or Cornflakes with 200ml milk

• OR 1 Shredded Wheat with 200ml milk

• OR 1 Weetabix with 200ml milk

• OR 1 slice medium sliced toast with 100g meat

• OR 125g natural yoghurt

lunch

• 1 slice of medium sliced bread/ toast

• OR 2 crispbreads

• OR ½ bagel

• OR ½ pitta bread

• OR 2 tablespoons of rice

With:

• 1 egg

• OR 60g/ 2oz cheese

• OR 100g/ 4oz meat or chicken

• OR 100g/ 4oz fish

Also include 100g/4oz of vegetables or salad

Any sauce should be Tomato based with < 1 teaspoon of oil added

Evening meal

• 2 egg sized potatoes

• OR 2 tablespoons of rice

• OR 2 tablespoons of Pasta

With:

• 1 egg

• OR 60g cheese

• OR 100g/ 4oz meat or chicken

• OR 100g/ 4oz Fish

• OR 100g/ 4oz tofu or Quorn

Also include 100g/4oz of vegetables or salad

Any sauce should be tomato based with < 1 teaspoon of oil added

Additional allowances throughout the day

• Unlimited Water, tea, coffee, low calorie squash, herbal tea (no sugar added), dried herbs and spices

Well, it seems I can identify with DUB. I'm 6'3" 365 Lbs. Male. I start the pre-op liquid diet next week. I'm nervous as I see many are, but I'm determined to make it work. I'll turn 70 yrs. old this year so its really a last chance for me. My age coupled with my size has made it extremely difficult to do even the most most simple physical things that I've been used to doing most of my life.Finally got clearances from all my doctors to proceed. Had a coronary artery stent a year ago so that delayed me for a year. (no heart attack but close to it at the time) Anyway, glad to see that people are willing to share their stories here, especially you, Dub.

So happy u got the go ahead ull be fine on diet 1st 3 days r hard but once u get past them it doesnt feel had bad as it did 1st 3, still hard but it more mind over matter u always want u cnt have lol but wish u the best of luck

One thing I can say is... My surgery and recovery went as well as it did because I took my pre-op diet seriously and went to the gym. Trust me at first I was like " I want pizza, I want this, I want that" and then I looked at a bikini online and was like " I want to wear that next summer" and I put my head in the game and did my thing. I'm 3 weeks post op and lost 20 lbs so far. And since surgery I don't take my heart meds, no more sleep apnea, no wheezing or pump and my clothes are big on me. I'm happy, energized and I sleep well thru the night. Everyday I wake up excited to do a new purée or exercise. U gotta live life for u!

Sent from my iPhone

You're lucky... My surgeon would have cancelled the surgery and referred you to 12 months of nutritional counseling...I hope you have over came and had a successful surgery....where did you get that food liquid diet?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using the BariatricPal App

Edited by Color83