Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did you ever have second thoughts?

I had my surgery on 3/25. It was rough the first few weeks, head hunger is the worst and I didn't realize how much of a psychological journey this is. Anyway, 5 months gone and 65 lbs down, I don't regret a thing! Hang in there, you are correct to have doubts but rest assured, you are giving yourself the gift of life!

attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1472349624.763612.jpg

Daaa-yum! I mean seriously, damn! Fantastic results. Good job and keep up the hard work.

Sent from my phone, please forgive brevity and misspelling

Happy Friday!

First off, I just want to say that I am not reconsidering my decision to get surgery. It's happening! But I think that might be my problem.

I am starting my pre op diet this Monday and being sleeved on 9/14. I have gone through so much to get to this point and I thought that I had never been so sure of anything in my life. All of a sudden the last few days, as the day gets closer I am second guessing myself. Am I sure this is right? What if something goes wrong? What if I regret it? If I am in pain will I hate myself for it? Could I really not lose this weight without surgery? It strange because I KNOW the answer to all of these questions, and I KNOW that the surgery is what I need and that a year from now I will do nothing but thank myself. BUT for some reason, I have been questioning myself the past few days.

I am summing this up to my fear and my anxiety about the surgery talking to me and that it's comparable to cold feet before a wedding. I have never been hospitalized before and the closest thing to surgery I had was my wisdom teeth removed.

But at the SAME TIME I am SO EXCITED for this surgery. I am so excited to feel better and look better and move more and not be so self conscious about myself.

Did anyone else go through these emotions? How did you get your mind at ease? I think that I am going crazy!

I have been feeling the same exact way. My surgery is 9/19. I go back and forth. I had the band and a bad experience with it. Came here looking for positive reinforcement. I'm with ya!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Tried to quote silentbotts::

quote name="SilentBotts" post="4250374" timestamp="1472581250"]I'm about six months out and my only regret is not doing this years ago.

I feel great, I look great, it's amazing.

I had one small panic attack about a week before surgery. Ordering take out had become such a regular habit that I suddenly freaked that I wouldn't be able to order pizza/Chinese food or have other fast food stuff for a long time possibly forever. It then occurred to me that maybe the fact that I was panicking about food was an indication that I hade some problems with my relationship with food and that made me more sure that the surgery was the correct course.

My answer:: You are right. I've been thinking those same thoughts. You brought something to my attention here! Thanks

Edited by Spectra13

Happy Friday!

First off, I just want to say that I am not reconsidering my decision to get surgery. It's happening! But I think that might be my problem.

I am starting my pre op diet this Monday and being sleeved on 9/14. I have gone through so much to get to this point and I thought that I had never been so sure of anything in my life. All of a sudden the last few days, as the day gets closer I am second guessing myself. Am I sure this is right? What if something goes wrong? What if I regret it? If I am in pain will I hate myself for it? Could I really not lose this weight without surgery? It strange because I KNOW the answer to all of these questions, and I KNOW that the surgery is what I need and that a year from now I will do nothing but thank myself. BUT for some reason, I have been questioning myself the past few days.

I am summing this up to my fear and my anxiety about the surgery talking to me and that it's comparable to cold feet before a wedding. I have never been hospitalized before and the closest thing to surgery I had was my wisdom teeth removed.

But at the SAME TIME I am SO EXCITED for this surgery. I am so excited to feel better and look better and move more and not be so self conscious about myself.

Did anyone else go through these emotions? How did you get your mind at ease? I think that I am going crazy!

I'm having surgery on 9-14 as well but I start my diet next wed.....I think you are just nervous and that is TOTALLY normal....I had the band in 09 and I felt the exact same way you do.....band was removed in Dec due to complications and I'm totally terrified I'm not going to lose weight at all! Now I know that is just me being nervous of another WLS but we will make it! Just keep thinking of yourself when all the excess weight is gone and you FEEL fantastic bc you will! Good luck to you!

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

I had my surgery on 3/25. It was rough the first few weeks, head hunger is the worst and I didn't realize how much of a psychological journey this is. Anyway, 5 months gone and 65 lbs down, I don't regret a thing! Hang in there, you are correct to have doubts but rest assured, you are giving yourself the gift of life!

attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1472349624.763612.jpg

Look great!

Wow.

You look great. Monday will be 4 weeks for me I've lost 25 lbs and counting

Sent from my VS987 using the BariatricPal App

I will not lie.. my first 10-14 days were mental hell. I have never had complications but it was a psychological journey I never expected to have to endure.

People would come by or call to check on me, I was so overwhelmed all I could do was burst into tears. Head hunger and the television were my complete enemy. Not to mention, getting weak because I DESPISED the shakes post op. I refused to drink them by day 3. Everyone kept saying, hang in there, it gets better. I think, I though, I hated them for telling me that. I completely resented that statement.

But.. you know what? It was the whole honest truth. By day 14, I was feeling like a new person. I went from hardly doing anything from weakness and a depressed feeling.. to fishing and walking and cooking for my family.

Now, I am 4 and a half months post op. I'm down 77 pounds. Knowing how I feel now.. I'd do it again in a heart beat. I wouldn't have said that if you asked me in the first two weeks though.

On the plus side.. the pain and recovery aren't bad. My gallbladder removal and recovery was way worse.

Best wishes, you're in for a great journey. post-290739-14727838479321_thumb.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

Happy Friday!

I'm having surgery on 9-14 as well but I start my diet next wed.....I think you are just nervous and that is TOTALLY normal....I had the band in 09 and I felt the exact same way you do.....band was removed in Dec due to complications and I'm totally terrified I'm not going to lose weight at all! Now I know that is just me being nervous of another WLS but we will make it! Just keep thinking of yourself when all the excess weight is gone and you FEEL fantastic bc you will! Good luck to you!

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

I feel exactly like you. Had the band in 2011 and removed last Aug. surgery is 9/19 terrified I won't lose weight or self sabotage.