Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Unfortunately I cheated on my diet today. I had the cheese off a slice of pizza :(. I'm 9 days post op and been having a rough time.

I think I'm making myself more sick than the food I ate. I feel awful and I most definitely am not going to slip up again.

I chose to do this surgery, I waited a year to get approved, I work my ass off. I did not come this far only to fall off the wagon and have it all mean nothing.

I guess I'm just looking to vent, lol.

Thanks for listening to me. Haha

❤️8/17/16

Lol ...I'm 9 days post op had the DS just wondering (lol was it good honey keep your head up and push on....

Sent from my XT1254 using the BariatricPal App

Wasn't ever worth it. Not as good as I thought it would be. Lol.

I'm trying, every day is a struggle.

❤️8/17/16

You got this!!!! Slip ups are bound to happen from time to time. What's most important is how we handle it. You're on the right track because you've acknowledged your error and you don't plan on repeating it. My suggestion is to not look at this as a diet, it's a permanent lifestyle change. Once you reach your goal you will be able to have an occasional slice of pizza (if your body can tolerate it). There are also plenty of alternatives out there that are just as yummy, my suggestion is cauliflower crust pizza. Good luck dear!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Cheating at this stage is totally normal. When I was a few weeks out and PMSing hard I had half a cup of Ben & Jerry's - I dumped and felt awful! But you know what? I'm glad I had that experience because I discovered my desire to feel good hugely outweighs my craving for ice cream and now when I'm faced with the temptation I pass.

Our surgery is a tool and what matters is how we use it. If you've learned from your mistake - you're using your tool well. Keep being awesome!

Yeah, I can relate.

But really, some cheese off a slice of pizza?

How bad is that?

At least you didn't eat the slice of pizza,

And another slice,

and oh that was really hitting the spot!

After you finish the pizza and order another (or two)

you have a food coma on the couch,

Then eat most of the left overs for a snack.

Yeah, I can relate.

But really, some cheese off a slice of pizza?

How bad is that?

At least you didn't eat the slice of pizza,

And another slice,

and oh that was really hitting the spot!

After you finish the pizza and order another (or two)

you have a food coma on the couch,

Then eat most of the left overs for a snack.< /p>

When you put it that way...

Lol.

I was terrified to eat the bread but it smelled so damn good. Haha.

❤️8/17/16

This is in response to most other answers. You are right, we all have those cheat days.

The danger in doing it this early out is you can damage your new tummy. It just isn't worth the potential complications.

I cringe when I see people telling everyone it's ok to cheat this early on. I get it, we slip...we all do it but doing it so close to surgery date is very dangerous.

This is in response to most other answers. You are right, we all have those cheat days.

The danger in doing it this early out is you can damage your new tummy. It just isn't worth the potential complications.

I cringe when I see people telling everyone it's ok to cheat this early on. I get it, we slip...we all do it but doing it so close to surgery date is very dangerous.

^^^^ Exactly! It's not about the "diet" - it's about risking complications this early out!

And having a cheat day once a week is asking for trouble - "cheating" on diets has gotten me where I am - morbidly obese! This is a lifestyle change not a diet.

Oh I completely agree with you.

It was an awful mistake that I literally cannot stop thinking about.

It's not something I want to mess with.

I will be firmly sticking to the plan and I'll get to eat food when I can.

❤️8/17/16

@@brimm_brittany

I could tell how badly you felt about it. I know from my own experiences that once you do it, you regret it instantly because your realize it's not even worth it. Mostly those foods don't even taste good anymore and what's worse they make you feel badly too.

I believe in foods in moderation once you are closer to your goal and definately approved for those foods.

Then again, I also don't diet any longer. I simply eat differently and every once in a while I indulge in a treat because if I abstain then my brain runs away with the fact that I cannot have something and it will drive me crazy.

Good news.....one bite and I am usually satisfied that I don't have to do that again. LOL.

at least it was cheese..protein.. I am 6 weeks out and right now about half my food is cheese.. doc said that ok.. My nutritionist said something profound to me this week.. You had stomach and intestinal surgery NOT BRAIN SURGERY slips will happen.. you just get back on track.. YOU GOT THIS!!