Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long before you could go back to work? (desk job/non physical)

I went to work 6 days after getting sleeved. Felt fine. No heavy lifting of course. I don't take boredom very well ????.

Sent from my LG-D850 using the BariatricPal App

Sleeved on 8/31 and going back 9/6. I've been very lucky as to no real pain or gas. Good luck to all !!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Oh my goodness, me too! I was sleeved on the 31st and went to work on the 6th! But I got the gas pains. How do you escaped the gas pains? If you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my LG-D850 using the BariatricPal App

I went back after 1 week.

I returned after 10 days. I was moving slow on the first day back, but after that I did great.

Note to self: I don't have to take this day all at once but rather one step, one breath and one moment at a time. I am only one person.

I had surgery on a Wednesday. Took that week (3 days) and the following week (5) days off and was fine at a desk job. But I did need that time off.

I am taking off for 6 weeks after the surgery. I want to devote my full attention to recovery and getting started on the second half of my weight loss journey. My surgery is September 28, and I plan to go back to work on November 14.

I went back to work after 2 weeks, and I am not doing well. It's a huge emotional adjustment and even if you work a desk job like me, it doesn't mean you don't have some stress. I was overwhelmed by my work load presurgery and still that way post. Evaluate your load and take the time you need to heal. I am regretting going back too soon.

Sent from my XT1650 using the BariatricPal App

My doctor signed off for me to return to work (no heavy lifting or strenuous activity) this coming Monday. That will be day 17 after my surgery, but in all honesty I felt well bough to return about 5 days ago.

I have had many complications and was out for 12 weeks and the first day I went back to work I was admitted back into the hospital and was out another 2 weeks.

I had my surgery last Wednesday and quite honestly, I am sorry I told them I would be out for 2 weeks. By this Wednesday, 1 week from surgery, I will be ready to go back to work. Now that I told them I was having "surgery", I can't come back without a doctor's note. I am good to go...no pain, except for a little gas. I am calling my doctor on Monday and trying to get back asap.

My sleeve is schedule for Wednesday October 5th. I will be taking off the Tuesday 4th for pre-op. My husband is going to pick me up Friday and I'm going to spend Saturday and Sunday in bed. I've worked it out with my boss to go back to work Monday for as many hours as I can handle. She is very understanding and much less optimistic then I am. I'm estimating 4 hours I of work Monday, Tuesday Wednesday and moving to 6 hours on Thursday and Friday. I would like to be back at 8 hours a day by the following Monday (13 days post op).

I am using all my sick time, comp time and vacation to cover my salary. I don't make enough money to be able to take weeks off at a time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using the BariatricPal App

My sleeve is schedule for Wednesday October 5th. I will be taking off the Tuesday 4th for pre-op. My husband is going to pick me up Friday and I'm going to spend Saturday and Sunday in bed. I've worked it out with my boss to go back to work Monday for as many hours as I can handle. She is very understanding and much less optimistic then I am. I'm estimating 4 hours I of work Monday, Tuesday Wednesday and moving to 6 hours on Thursday and Friday. I would like to be back at 8 hours a day by the following Monday (13 days post op).

I am using all my sick time, comp time and vacation to cover my salary. I don't make enough money to be able to take weeks off at a time.

I hope you have a desk job

I do. Accounts Payable. I sit at a desk 90% of the day.

You should have no problem then. I work 12 hr shifts and my boss has me on desk duty for 6 weeks. I went back after 1 week. I was fine with work. Few post op complications but had nothing to do with work

Thanks for the info. My boss is being really cool. I am the one pushing the return. Partly because of money but mostly because I am the only AP person in our understaffed accounting department. My coworkers are going to have to pick up the slack.... and mess up my system. Lol.