Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

From fat and firm to fit and floppy.

A loonnnnggg time ago I worked at VS catalogue. Some of their bras are actually made by warners Bali and others they used to be able to tell you but don't anymore. But, if you find one you like of higher quality it is likely not their generic and you might find it in dept store.

I have 3 daughters and have taken them shopping at VS many times. They have a range of sizes you can't find everywhere. My oldest is teeny, like a size 2, with barely enough for an A cup and a small band size (she is 25) My second daughter (23) is more of an average size but still likes their frilly, girly things. My youngest is 18 and for years VS was the only place we could find bras to fit her. She was this stick skinny kid with huge boobs. Seriously, a tiny band size with D cups. So hard to fit! Now she is not so skinny so easier to fit anywhere. I am a 40D. I have looked and nothing at VS is that big. Not in the stores anyway.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using the BariatricPal App

When I was fat, I was firm. ALL OVER. You could push on my stomach and it was hard. My arms and thighs were massive but they were solid. My boobs sat a lot higher (especially when I was sitting and they were resting on the table HA!), and my butt did not bounce when I walked.

Now that I am not fat, my thighs droop, my arms sag, my tummy kind of flops over, my butt is droopy and my boobs are extra long.

And that's OK. I'm OK. In fact, I am not just OK, I am great!!

I see so many people worried about how saggy their skin is going to be, wondering if their skin will be less affected if they lose (not loose, people!!) faster/slower, worried about losing their "curves"... Loose skin is just a part of the game, peeps. It's based on your age, how long you've been obese, and mostly, your genetics. It is what it is and no amount of oils, wraps, pills, creams, what have yous, is going to change it much.

Bottom line? You **ARE** going to be healthier. You **ARE** going to look better in clothes. You **ARE** going to be able to do more and live better without all the extra weight. Your skin will continue to evolve for about a year after rapid weight loss. They make these awesome undergarments for men and women that smooth things out. If you really desire it, you can have more surgery! (I'd prefer to send my kids to college, but that's just me.)

Yes, my skin might be loose (yes, you can use that word here), but the only time the general public might notice is at the beach or the pool. My husband is the only one who gets to see me nekkid and if he doesn't like it, self service is always an option for him. If I was dating, I certainly wouldn't bed a man who would judge this 45 year old broad by her stretch marks because I value myself WAY too much.

My curves still exist they just fit down aisles better. My boobs get a helping hand by Victoria's Secret. My arms still give awesome hugs and my legs carry me through mud runs and amusement parks and across college campuses better than ever. I will say that I don't float as well as I used to and big waves knock me over like a son of a b!tch but the trade off is worth it.

I'M WORTH IT. You are too.

Amen! You rock, lipstick lady!

I was wondering if I would be dealing with deflategate in the upper region.

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

Before I gained all this weight I was a B cup. Currently D. I fully expect to lose cup size when I lose 100 pounds. I expect sagging too but I am almost 54. It is what it is.

@@OutsideMatchInside

thank you! I will try the body by victoria. I have never heard of Soma - do they sell that brand at department stores?

Thanks for the post. I am looking forward to loose skin being a problem at this point. Way preferable to fat for me.

Which Victoria's Secret bra do you buy? I have never shopped there because it always felt cheap to me but someone gave me a gift certificate and I do need new bras.

They do have some poor quality bras, but if you dig a little deeper, they have some super soft push up bras that give good coverage and a lot of support. When I get home, I will look for the style name for you.

thanks!!!!

Edited by higher

My surgery is coming up and I know I will have massive skin. This is the first time I was able to laugh about. Thanks

Sent from my VS986 using the BariatricPal App

. I also be glad when I don't float as well - I can barely go under Water without bobbing to the surface!

Whether in a pool, a lake or the sea, that always made me so self-conscious and humiliated. Sadly, I think I felt that way even at 160 or 170, a great, big apple.

> have never shopped there because it always felt cheap to me

"Cheap" in terms of quality or in floozy terms? I'm really not sure which you mean.

Oh, I am solely referring to quality. I live for floozy.

Soma is its own brand with stores and online. I have found their quality to be kind of all over place like vs. they don't have a lot in larger sizes.

I was wondering if I would be dealing with deflategate.

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

If only we could get Tom Brady to "test them out"! ;-)
IF ONLY!!!

Right on @@LipstickLady!

I have said this no less than 1000 times. The loose skin is better than the fat! and if you so choose, the scars are better than the loose skin.

You have options for dealing with the loose skin but being morbidly obese or even obese for that matter has a whole lot more long lasting damage to your body. Bones and organs! It will absolutely catch up with you.

As I have also said, my only regret is waiting until I was 51 to do something like this for myself. I wonder often if I would have less joint damage and spine damage had I done this 10 years earlier.

I have to believe there is truth to that but then I say well thank goodness I got my head out of my arse and did it at 51....how much more life will I have because I did!

Lose (I mean LOOSE) skin and all! LOL!

@@laceemouse

They have up to 40G in the VS stores. They have 38DDD and 40 DDD and 40G. I know because those are my sizes and I can buy bras and panties in the store.

Edited by OutsideMatchInside

LOL. I think a little about it, since I can see where I'm going to have a decent sized stomach pannus. But I figure Shapewear and good lingerie can make any of that look good. My hubby loves the way I look now, he'll love me when I've got loose skin. If I want, I'll be able to save up and have skin surgery, but I'm not going to worry about it until I see what the end result looks like. Being healthy and more active will be worth it!