Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

In general, some of your skin will contract during the first year after surgery. Exercising can help. So you might incorporate exercise the use the muscles in your arms into you daily exercise routine.

I am having the same issue, I've been doing weight training to help tone and Im slowly seeing results, I would also talk to your doctor because some insurance companies will cover skin removal surgery. I know you probably don't want to do another surgery I don't either but just an option ! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I had the same issue and no amount of excercise or strength training helped. 5 weeks ago I had a Brachioplasty (arm lift) and I could not be happier. It is painful to go through but there is instant gratification and my arms look amazing. In my after pictures, it is only 2 weeks post op and they are still very swollen so imagine what they will look like when the swelling goes down.

No one should give you any negativity. This is just part of massive weight loss. It sucks to carry a lot of weight in your arms. For me, they were my most embarrassing problem. Now, I can fit into a medium on top when I started at a 26/28. It's just crazy!

Before:

post-237953-0-13976900-1471930167_thumb.jpeg

After:

post-237953-0-29447100-1471930200_thumb.jpeg

post-237953-0-65609500-1471930220_thumb.jpeg

@@Djmohr

I have to ask- can you take a pic of the scar? It seems like such a painful surgery! But holy cow amazing results you've had!!! I worry about the scar being very prominent though.

Those arms!!! So impressed! Scar, no scar, pain... looks like it was worth everything and anything! You look fabulous!!!

I had the same issue and no amount of excercise or strength training helped. 5 weeks ago I had a Brachioplasty (arm lift) and I could not be happier. It is painful to go through but there is instant gratification and my arms look amazing. In my after pictures, it is only 2 weeks post op and they are still very swollen so imagine what they will look like when the swelling goes down.

No one should give you any negativity. This is just part of massive weight loss. It sucks to carry a lot of weight in your arms. For me, they were my most embarrassing problem. Now, I can fit into a medium on top when I started at a 26/28. It's just crazy!

Before:

attachicon.gif image.jpeg

After:

Holy Amazing results!

huge difference!

Awesome!

I'm 9 months post op gastric bypass and I am having a terrible time with my arms. Any advice. I am attaching a pic. No negative comments please.attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1471916565.335248.jpg

You better not get any negative comments!

I have noticed that lifting weights are helping a bit with my bat wings.

A bit.

I am starting to get nicely formed biceps and the "V" is showing but alas I don't think underneath (wing part) will ever go fully away.

Unless I have surgery... which as of now it is not on my mind.

Maybe someday I will have the boobie implants and a Tummy Tuck but I doubt I'll do my arms as well.

Good luck to ya and don't sweat some wings, for me - I'd much rather have some hangy skin and bat wings than being unhealthy and 273.4 pounds!

I only have 4.6 lbs to go until goal so I'm super happy. :)

SW 273.4

CW 154.6

Gw 150

Ultimate goal weight: 149.... so I can say I'm in the 140's

:D

Good luck to you and keep kickin butt!

@@LisaMergs

My scars are more toward the back and very straight. Once they are fully healed it will be hard for anyone to notice.

post-237953-0-69113300-1471985954_thumb.jpeg

post-237953-0-19100400-1471985987_thumb.jpeg

Again, keep in mind I am still quite swollen so that is putting pressure on the incisions. This was taken at 4 weeks post op. I will be 6 weeks on Thursday.

Great job by your surgeon... Those scars will fade in no time.

I still have one section in the middle of my stomach from my tuck over a year ago that is red... But fading slowly. The sides are fine and blend in.

Yours look great for how fresh your operation was!

I'm 9 months post op gastric bypass and I am having a terrible time with my arms. Any advice. I am attaching a pic. No negative comments please.attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1471916565.335248.jpg

. What was ur height and weight before surg?

Did ur insurance cover ur arm

surgery

Sent from my VS987 using the BariatricPal App

Yeah I'm curious to know what insurance covered because I want to look into a Tummy Tuck because that is where most of my excess skin is because that's where I carried all my weight? I know some of the info was conflicting with what insurance will pay and what I will have to cover.

@@Djmohr who ever did your arms did an amazing job those will heal very nicely !! Congrats