Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm sorry you feel this way. If it wasn't for my doctors constant support I would have already had my balloon removed and I'm only 5 days post. I have gone through a wide array of emotions to resentment, embarrassment, excited, panic, anxiety, depression, regret. I feel like a hormonal teenager going through puberty all over again sometimes. The fatigue is awful. Can barley walk for longer than 20 mins without being winded. The mental aspect of this whole thing has been the absolute hardest part for me.

I totally feel for, you are not alone friend.

food has been my comfort, my reward for so long and to have it taken away makes me so sad sometimes.

I broke down from being so depressed I had to get an rx for some Xanax from my doctor.

You will feel a little different everyday. Some days better some days worse. Embrace it and know you embarked on this journey and you have many supporters here to listen you. You can do this, you really certainly can, and will. Stay positive friend. ????

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

The first week is rough, but I promise you it gets better. I spend an extra day in the hospital because I was not thriving. I was so sick. But a year later, 105lbs later- I am a new person with no regrets. Hang in there!!

Had my surgery Wednesday and regretted it until Saturday night when I began to feel normal again. It is important to get your anti nausea medicine. I was miserable and felt the exact same way. I am praying for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using the BariatricPal App

I'll be incredibly honest with you.

I am a month out and I can tell you that I've been where you've been. I've vomited more than I ever have in my entire life, I've been constipated for almost 2 weeks, I've had to run out to the bathroom in the middle of a date with my fiance more than once. I have clutched at my stomach, wishing I could take it out and put a new one in. I have cried because I could smell all the food in the grocery store and felt like I would never be able to eat again. I've regretted my surgery more than once and I've had some pretty dark times.

Despite all those things, I had a great day yesterday. For the first time in a month, I didn't get ill once. My issues have ceased for the most part (besides insomnia!). I don't know what today will bring, but I can only hope for the best. We don't know what tomorrow, a week, or months from now will bring us. But I know you and I will get through this. I'm really sorry you are feeling ill. This is something we have to take one hour, one day at a time.

You will have your dark days, but you will also have really good ones. Stay strong, you are not alone. Maybe you don't recover as quickly as one person said they did, maybe you won't lose 10 lbs in a week, and maybe you end up having the worst diarrhea ever while another person poops heavenly nougats. We will all eventually recover though and get better though, one day at a time :D

Try different temperatures for your liquids. I found warm fluids went down the easiest, even though I prefer cold Water. I still find it easiest to drink warm fluids, so I drink a cup of broth or miso Soup when I'm behind on Fluid.

Are you on anti-nausea meds? If not, ask for some. If you aren't keeping fluids down, definitely see the doc. Dehydration is dangerous. As someone else mentioned, you could have something serious going on as well. Keep your medical team informed.

So sorry you are feeling so down, but it's pretty normal at this stage. You have just had major surgery. You should have a support team available to ring when you are feeling like this. Do ring them, they will reassure you.

You should only be drinking for the first three to four days .

Then after that very liquid Soups for a week. Then on to very puréed food.

Everyone is different so don't worry if you can't manage the food make sure you take very slow small regular sips of Fluid. You will not be able to pick up a glass or cup of tea and just down it. Drink it slowly over 30mins. At this stage you may only be able to drink 1/4 - 1/2 a cup of Fluid at any one time .

Ask your surgeon for sickness tablets and get some mints and suck the odd one, this all helps with the terrible wind you will be suffering with this and it makes you feel sick . If you can move around more it helps shift it.

If you drink/ eat to quickly and too much in one go you will feel pain and it will make you sick.

Hope you feel betta soon xox

Cindyw41, I've had baby food, applesauce, yoghurt and Soups

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Honestly, I could not have or handle any solid liquid 4 days after surgery. I was only able to handle CLEAR liquid. Try just clear stuff, like broth, Popsicles, Jello, and Water. 3 days after my surgery, I felt a bit regretful because I was sore all over, like I had been beaten up. But now, at 18 days post-op, I am SO GLAD I did this! I'm already 23 pounds down! :D

Also, make sure you're taking your Zofran or whatever nausea medicine they gave you. It really works! It was a miracle pill for me!

Edited by Hiraeth

It's completely normal to feel that way! I'd venture to say most of us did. Everyone heals at different rates but eventually you will begin to feel better! It will all start to fall into place and you'll be glad you did it. Don't hesitate to call your doctor during this time too! Best of luck, and stay positive! This forum is a great help also! We've all been there!

I had my surgery on Wednesday and I feel horrible. I can't eat or drink, because when I try I feel so so sick and start gagging. I wish I had never done this. I'm so upset that I've been looking up 'stomach transplants'. I just want to die at this point. This surgery was the worst decision I ever made.

I felt the same the first week is terrible it gets easier I'm on weeks 3 nearly I'm having trouble with low sugars hang in there it will get better ok I hope you feel better soon.

Sent from my SM-N910F using the BariatricPal App

I felt that way too, but it does get better! Be patient and rest a lot. Take your meds. I'm 7 months out and 70 lbs down and never felt better!!!!

I would be lying if I said that I didn't have some of these same feelings so far. I am one week out of RNY and just don't feel good, I feel so thirsty and can't hydrate enough. I just read these boards everyday and cling to the hope that you all give me that it will get better!

I had my surgery on Wednesday and I feel horrible. I can't eat or drink, because when I try I feel so so sick and start gagging. I wish I had never done this. I'm so upset that I've been looking up 'stomach transplants'. I just want to die at this point. This surgery was the worst decision I ever made.

Hi Sweet Starlight,

Lots of responses to your post but nothing from you in 2 days. How are you today doll? Let us know ...

Sent from my SM-G930V using the BariatricPal App

First time poster, but I found this thread very helpful before my surgery and after. It's great to connect with other people going through the same thing. I was sleeved on August 18 and am now 5 days post op.

The day of the surgery post-op was awful, due to the gas buildup. I felt like I was going to die and couldn't breathe. Each day has gotten easier and today has been the best day yet. I've been able to walk about 1.5 miles a day and am getting 100 grams of Protein in a day through Protein shakes and Soups. I hope to increase that to

130-150 grams of Protein soon.

After the 2 week fast and 3 days after surgery, I got to have Tomato Soup. I can't articulate how amazing it was. Plus, I love how full you get not eating hardly anything.

Reading these threads, it appears I'm very lucky. I have encountered issues eating anything with spices in it. It did upset my stomach. I just crossed those items off the list for now.

All in all, I am so glad I made the decision to get this done. I feel better and am so excited about all the fun things I'll be able to do now that I couldn't do before.

As an FYI, my starting weight was 415 pounds. I'm 6"3. I lost 27 pounds on the two week liquid fast. I weighed in on the day of surgery at 388 pounds and am 378 pounds as of today. It's just awesome to have already lost 37 pounds in less than 3 weeks!

It hasn't been easy, but if you follow the rules and stay strong mentally, you can do it! I keep myself motivated and excited for the future by watching before and after videos on YouTube. It is so inspiring!

I feel bad for those that are struggling just after surgery. Keep the faith and you'll make it through!

Ryan