Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone I got my sleeve on 7/8/16 I feel like it's been the biggest mistake if my life. The first week I was able to keep down all my Clear liquids, but for the last 4 weeks it's been hell I can't keep anything down not even Water i can't get my Protein in or my Vitamins I'm desperate to feel better I've gone to 3 different doctors and gotten 3 different answers. Have aNY of you gone thru this?

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

You needed to call your surgeon when you first started. Here it's almost before 7 and I wouldn't think he/she would still be in. You should be holding down your food and drinks.< /p>

Hi everyone I got my sleeve on 7/8/16 I feel like it's been the biggest mistake if my life. The first week I was able to keep down all my Clear liquids, but for the last 4 weeks it's been hell I can't keep anything down not even Water i can't get my Protein in or my Vitamins I'm desperate to feel better I've gone to 3 different doctors and gotten 3 different answers. Have aNY of you gone thru this?

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

I just had testing done as I've been dry heaving and been nauseous since 5 weeks. Just found out I have a hiatal hernia which apparently wasn't there when I had surgery. Need to speak to surgeon about next steps

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I went a year of throwing up daily, not getting my Protein in, severe nauseousness literally 24/7. I basically lived in my bed the first year. At one point i didnt eat for 5 weeks, in and out of the er for fluids, etc. I wont bore you with all the details. I wanted a second opinion but my surgeon was too busy to call or email the surgeon at Washington University Barnes Hospital. The only thing he would do was refer me o his partner, imagine that!!! I am sicker than sick and it ook his office six weeks to get my records to his partnes office. My surgeons office was in the hospital the other dr was located in the Drs office building across he complex. After numerous phones calls I actually had to talk with the office manager. It just added insult to injury. Or whatever the that saying is. LOL well two months after the referral I get to see the new sugeon. He schedules me for an endoscopy and a very nasty nuclear medicine procedure. I had to eat or raher gag down cold radioactive eggs in ten minutes or I would have to start over. Laying in the machine for an hour plus was a snap. He diagnosed me with Bile Reflux immediately after the upper endoscopy. After starting medicine and physical theapy to relearn how to walk it took another three months to feel human. The oral anti nausea medicine did not work for me. The only thing that would give me any relief was the IV meds. That first year was just crazy. But after the rocky start i am very happy to report my third anniversary is coming up in march, total loss one hundred seventy two pounds!!! My health is pretty stable at this point. I walk four miles in an hour. Went from a size twenty six twenty eight down to a ten twelve pant and six eight top. I am so mad at my ipad tonight. The number keyboard won't pull up so i had to type the numbers out. LOL

I really hope your drs determine what is wrong with.

I forgot to mention I eat about half as much as a normal sleeve patient. I ate two bites of spaghetti at Olive Garden and was sick all afternoon. I still cant eat tomatoes. Things i used to love like BBQ and it makes me sick still today. Its so weird the things my body will and won't tolerate.