Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am OVER it today.

I'm over the post op diet (just started pureed) and being constantly worried that something is wrong because I'm not getting full and am still hungry really quickly after my four ounces of blended whatever. I'm over hearing from my friends who've had WLS over the last year, how full they are after two bites of food while I stress out that something didn't work right for me.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

It's early - your stomach had nerves severed. It will take time before the full feeling will return and you actually should be aiming for satisfied not full. Be sure to get all your fluids and Protein - take a PPI to help with stomach acid. This will work for you - be patient.

Sent from my KFFOWI using the BariatricPal App

I take two stool softeners a day. and Milk of Magnesia once a week. which has worked out ok up until this week, doesn't seem to be working anymore. (I'm 9 weeks out today).

For the Constipation (I didn't even think about that), is it recommended that you take a stool softener?

@@heidikat72

I take 2 fibercon daily and try to drink 48-64+ ounces of Water daily. Take a stool softener (I use Senekot) if I need one which is only occasionally.

You could check with your doctor about what to do/take. That's what I did.

Edited by helenpgh

I am over this stupid stall. 10 days gone by since I hit Onederland, only to turn around and end up right back at 200 again. I am doing everything my surgeon said to do. I have fibroids and I am seeing my Gyn tomorrow about that. I cannot stand this! It's so frustrating...I don't mind the challenges; they are making me stronger. I do mind the fact that lately this seems like I made the wrong choice to deal with my weight. I never dreamed I'd be stuck at 200 lbs!

@justhere4theshow.

Hang in there. Just keep following your doctors plan and the stall will end. Maybe put away your scale for a few weeks and focus on NSVs. Measure yourself and see if you are losing inches. Congrats on getting to 200! Think what you would weigh now if you hadn't had the surgery.

When I start to question if I did the right thing I go back and read a diary entry that I wrote before my surgery about why I wanted to have it. That helps me.

Edited by helenpgh

@@helenpgh Thank you!! I got out my WLS for Dummies book where I had written my weight and measurements. I had forgotten that I started at 238. I have lost inches from everywhere I had measured! I am feeling much better about things tonight. I also saw my doctor and they are going to work on my hormones and enlarged uterus. (I'm pretending it weighs 10 lbs just to make me feel better, LOL) Things will work out. I am making good choices and doing everything I can. The rest will be sorted out in time. Thank you for the support!

I'm over the post op diet (just started pureed) and being constantly worried that something is wrong because I'm not getting full and am still hungry really quickly after my four ounces of blended whatever. I'm over hearing from my friends who've had WLS over the last year, how full they are after two bites of food while I stress out that something didn't work right for me.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@GeeMarie

The full feeling after the sleeve is different than the feeling of fullness I used to get before the operation.

Puréed foods and liquids don't always give me any kind of full feeling but once I moved on to mushy and solids I get this pressure in my chest if I have eaten too fast or too much. Also if I eat to much I get a runny nose!

I mostly measure and weigh my food so I eat the right amount to make me satisfied but not full. At 3.5 months out I eat about 6 ounces or 3/4 cup of food for a meal. I eat between 800-900 calories per day. My challenge is eating slowly.

If you are still hungry after your 4 ounces it might be because of acid in your stomach. Check with your doctor as you may need a different or stronger dose of whatever you take.

Also I found that sometimes I think I'm hungry when I am actually needing fluids.

Edited by helenpgh

I'm over being ashamed that i failed the lap band and had to go to the sleeve, I'm over being ashamed that I'm fat and that my body aches and I get tired easily ....

Never be ashamed. High five!!!!!

You know what I'm over? Critical ppl. Ppl at work constantly say you could have done it yourself. You should have tried harder....You don't know me! You don't know my struggle! Yeah shoulda, woulda, coulda.....by this is what I did and this is my journey. I have to deal with it. My life

Sent from my LG-H901 using the BariatricPal App