Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Husband & Wife sleeved on same day.

Hi all. Both my wife and I were sleeved August 11. I went first then she followed right behind me with the same surgeon. Have any other husbands and wives done this on the same day? We are both doing well.

We started this journey back in April. My bride was the first to commit, it took me a while to get on board. We started eating correctly after our first nutrition class and came in 57 lbs liter, (she 30 me 27). She has been my inspiration as she is also dealing with Rheumatoid Arthritis. A week out we are both down about 10 to 12 pounds. Thanks all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using the BariatricPal App

My husband and I were sleeved two weeks apart. Our surgeon was cautious so I could care for him if needed. I led my husband into this, as we had gone to seminars 15 years ago for him. When I developed asthma, HBP, and diabetes, I was eligible for the surgery. He is down 100 lbs and is awesome. It has been life changing.

That's great husband and wife going along on the journey together. I expect there is some friendly rivalry there!

Good luck to both couples and well done so far

My wife and I are planning on having the sleeve at the same time also, hopefully in just a few weeks if insurance approves. How has the experience been? Have you had any unforeseen complications that were difficult to deal with while both of you are recovering?

Hi all. Both my wife and I were sleeved August 11. I went first then she followed right behind me with the same surgeon. Have any other husbands and wives done this on the same day? We are both doing well.

We started this journey back in April. My bride was the first to commit, it took me a while to get on board. We started eating correctly after our first nutrition class and came in 57 lbs liter, (she 30 me 27). She has been my inspiration as she is also dealing with Rheumatoid Arthritis. A week out we are both down about 10 to 12 pounds. Thanks all.

I am scheduled for 9/19 and my husband 11/8. We have supported each other they all the preliminary support group meetings and I've paved the way to ensure he has all the stuff ready to submit to insurance. We set mutual goals that we would like to accomplish and scheduled a nice trip to Turks and Caicos to reward us for next May. Our goal is to parasail together without worrying about weight. It's been instrumental being able to share this with him. I know he will be right by my side and Me by his during our surgeries.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

My wife and I are planning on having the sleeve at the same time also, hopefully in just a few weeks if insurance approves. How has the experience been? Have you had any unforeseen complications that were difficult to deal with while both of you are recovering?

It has been great so far. We are empty nester so b there are no children expecting Mom ot Dad to do anything

We have v a very active social network and relied on a good friend for a ride to and from the hospital. We support each other and are on the same schedule along on this journey. All of our grown kids are very supportive and live in four different states. Nana and Papa want to se our grandchildren grow. This us an investment in ourselves.

The best part is that together food is not first and foremost. Love boating all day with items such as Water, a banana, tea and maybe a beef stick. We drive six hours constantly , and don't stop to eat across Florida. I keep foods in the fridge for my husband, and we both eat when we are ready. No more meals and meal planning. I am back on shakes now, and have lost 10 lbs in 2 weeks even though we ate out a few times in Perdido Key. We are 69 and 70. We bought kayaks last year. We put in a pool and spent our morning swimming. Before we were sleeved, we were pathetically in terrible health, with the diabetes, HBPP, asthma, etc. our A1c is perfect and we are off some medications. Instead of waiting to die, we are living. I quit calling Rescue to my husband, and led him straight into the surgery. He is very thankful. We would do this again in a heartbeat.

That is awesome. Our goals include kayaks as well, in addition to hammocks, and riding amusement park rides. You are an inspiration. Good for the 2 of you.