Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for people who are likely to get surgery in Spring 2017!

I'm just getting started, scheduled my 1st appt with surgeon today. BMI 45, and everything ready to go, I have been researching the sleeve for months, but had to wait 3 months to get into my gp.... now we found out I gotta do 6 mon. Diet for insurance. Was hoping for a January surgery date, but looks like it will be April or May. I'm so excited.... I had given up on ever being healthy and losing weight, so this seems like a miricle.... I can't wait for it to get here. Just wish I'd have started sooner!

www.srkindred.com

I'm also just starting. Making all these appts while working full time is hard! It's a full time job just to go to the doctor! Lol! Can't wait for this whole process to be over and just get it done!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

In my 7th month (of 12) for insurance. Just did my abdominal ultrasound and chest xray yesterday. Waiting on the results. I go on the 18th for my second sleep study (first with CPAP). I agree with @@hotmamma1979 about it being hard going to all these appts and work fulltime. Super hard.

I am on month 3 of my 6 month diet. I think it will be April or May for me but I'm not sure. Depends on the insurance and if I can get my blood sugar down enough for my labs in 3 months. I'm working really hard on getting it done.

I was just approved to start the Stage II Molina Bariatric Surgery Program(Apple Health) last week! (8/11) First NUT appointment is today and I'm already overwhelmed by all the criteria. Lol I'm so nervous because I soooo don't want to screw this opportunity up.

I'm constantly thinking of how many times I've let myself down doing other things. I already know that I won't have the money to afford this in the future, so I better cut the crap right now.. lol Argh! My nerves.. so anxious.. Anyone starting their journey now and looking at Spring 2017 surgery date (If all goes well) ?

Sent from my SM-G900T using the BariatricPal App

I am waiting on my stage 2 approval from Molina. I am really scared about all the requirments and appointments. It sounds crazy. Hopefully spring will be surgery for me.

Sent from my SM-J320P using the BariatricPal App

I was just approved to start the Stage II Molina Bariatric Surgery Program(Apple Health) last week! (8/11) First NUT appointment is today and I'm already overwhelmed by all the criteria. Lol I'm so nervous because I soooo don't want to screw this opportunity up.

I'm constantly thinking of how many times I've let myself down doing other things. I already know that I won't have the money to afford this in the future, so I better cut the crap right now.. lol Argh! My nerves.. so anxious.. Anyone starting their journey now and looking at Spring 2017 surgery date (If all goes well) ?

I am waiting on my stage 2 approval from Molina. I am really scared about all the requirments and appointments. It sounds crazy. Hopefully spring will be surgery for me.

I got approved for stage 2. Yay! I'm really anxious about what is going to happen between now and surgery. I hear it is such a long process. I honestly am worried I might die before I get surgery. I'm 35 mostly healthy but 422 lbs with high blood pressure. I know thats a but dramatic but it is a cincern I have. I just don't want to be fat anymore. Everything I eat makes me sick. I feel like my stomach is in my throat even when I eat small amounts. I just want to live a long healthy life. I'm on my way to a better life.

My surgery date should be March 2017! Congrats on entering a program.

I am freaking out! I have my consultation today and I can't loose or gain any weight for 6 months! I gained 10lbs in one month over the summer. If I so much as gain half a pound at any visit my insurance will drop me! ???? I feel screwed once again, but if all goes well I will have surgery in April or May

Sent from my SM-N910V using the BariatricPal App

Edited by heyyall

I'm hoping March 2017 if I can get all the criteria in that time. I feel very overwhelmed by all the appointments and doctor visits. Needless to say My health care provider! Scary and exciting!

Sent from my LGLS990 using the BariatricPal App

Looking forward to spring 2017 I'm actually starting over only because my mind wasn't on the same page as the nut, and the doctor so in the 1st 6 months i was gaining weight instead of losing and my physiologist said i wasn't ready and I wasn't so basically I'm starting over next month getting my mind i this to win this, it's something I want and need so I'm seen a therapist and for the next 6 months I will lose the weight to have the surgery in spring or beginning of summer 2017.

Sent from my LGMS330 using the BariatricPal App

I have my first nutrition appointment December 15th 2016. sleep study December 22nd. No psych appointment yet. But im not sure how many nutrition appointments i will have to have. But hopefully I'll get approved for surgery by spring. Holding my breath. Especially since my job is at stake - the company is in trouble and not sure how much longer it will be open or if they will lay off more ppl. So.... im hoping to get my surgery before that happens. Ugh. So stressful

I'm hoping to get sleeves in the Spring. I've had 2 months of my 6 month nutritional counseling. I've done all other pre-opt labs and tests except m my endoscopy, which is scheduled for the last week of December.