Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for people who are likely to get surgery in Spring 2017!

I'm starting the process with Gastric Sleeve to RNY conversion. If I knew in 2013 what I know now about the sleeve I would have went with RNY to begin with but here I am. Hoping to have my revision in April/May 2017. My insurance requires all the original criteria including 3 mo of nutrition counseling. Anyone else have sleeve to RNY? Would love to have someone to talk to. Thanks.

I too am just beginning the process of sleeve to rny revision. My sleeve was done in 2012, and I too wish I would have opted for rny primarily as well. Waiting for pre auth from ins to see surgeon and just saw PA last week. Good luck!!

Mine is April 5th. As it gets closer, I get more and more anxious

Sent from my SM-G930T using BariatricPal mobile app

Finally got a date! Anyone else being sleeved on April 24th? I've been fine this whole time but the more time flys the more I start to feel nervous. I've completed everything except psych eval and I have 1 more nutrionist visit!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App
[/quote

Same here. I have to see my nutritionist tomorrow. It's been nerve racking for me

I got from scared to death to excited beyond belief. I am looking forward to being able to easily do the everyday things that right now are hard for me..like tying my shoes (my back is so stiff in the am, it makes it difficult I want to run and play with the kids, go into a room and NOT look for a "strong enough" chair, buy cute clothes. I think these thoughts help me to deal with the fear.
Sent from my SM-G930T using the BariatricPal App

I know I'm doing it for the right reasons but I'm scared. It's like all these what ifs

The closer I get, the more scared I get. But the fear of what my future holds if I DON'T GET IT SCARES ME MORE!

I'm with you all. I'm scared because the idea of surgery is vary but at the same time I'm so excited to see the new beginning. I want to see if I will be released from the chains of diabetes and if I can use this tool to make all the changes I keep trying actually stick instead of fallin apart. Keep up the spirit y'all we are almost there!

I'm with you all. I'm scared because the idea of surgery is vary but at the same time I'm so excited to see the new beginning. I want to see if I will be released from the chains of diabetes and if I can use this tool to make all the changes I keep trying actually stick instead of fallin apart. Keep up the spirit y'all we are almost there!

We can do this. While it IS scary, without it, the future ia SCARIER!

I have my last appointment with the surgeon and the NUT at the hospital March 16. This is when they tell be about preop and after surgery. Its an all day thing surgeon at 9am then the class at 1. Then we will submit from there. I only have about 80 to lose now with all the weight management and I was thinking sleeve, but with all this talk about wishing they got the RYN Im a bit scared to choose the wrong thing.

I have my last appointment with the surgeon and the NUT at the hospital March 16. This is when they tell be about preop and after surgery. Its an all day thing surgeon at 9am then the class at 1. Then we will submit from there. I only have about 80 to lose now with all the weight management and I was thinking sleeve, but with all this talk about wishing they got the RYN Im a bit scared to choose the wrong thing.

My next appt is March 25. It is for the breathing tesy, cardiologist, Nut and psych. Then I guess I go from there. I have read most positive things about the sleeve. I dont want a bypass, i dont want THAT much done to my intestines. My dr wouldn't even discuss it with me
I have over 100 to lose

My date is March 27th and I get more anxious the closer I get to the date. I know I'm doing it for the right reasons but I've never had surgery before and that scares me. I have my preop appt on the 9th and they'll do blood tests and an EKG. Then I'll meet with the Nut. I have a whole list of questions that I plan to ask the surgeon and the nutritionist.