Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for people who are likely to get surgery in Spring 2017!

I'm hoping or aiming for either December of this year or January but I just think that's wishful thinking, lol.

Im hoping for the same thing. But my first nutrition appointment is like mid December. I hate waiting and im scared ill get that close and then my insurance will deny me. Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Called my insurance and was told my employer specifically excluded bariatric surgeries from policy. So, my route is self pay..unless someone can tell me otherwise.

Since I am going this route, I assume I can get in faster and am planning for Feb 17

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

anywon, my current weight is 277 and I'm 5'4 but like I lost a little bit of weight on my own and now I've hit a plateau and haven't lost anymore weight. I'm trying to be the smallest I could be I'm not really looking at a number per say, I just want to be a weight where my foot doesn't bother me as much anymore (prior foot injury) so I could be able to exercise, walk, run and have fun like I used to. I'm so obese it's hard to even walk or do simple everyday things. Simple things like tying my shoes are a hassle so I've resorted to shoes with no laces because it's hard for me to reach down and tie them. I could but it's A LOT of work. I just want to be able to get back to life again, but my weight and mobility issues hold me back A LOT. I want a job, to be able to support myself, to be able to exercise and have fun, to find someone or go on dates and feel confident and sexy. Right now my weight has become a very serious problem for me and it's making me not live life like I should be since I am young.

anywon, my current weight is 277 and I'm 5'4 but like I lost a little bit of weight on my own and now I've hit a plateau and haven't lost anymore weight. I'm trying to be the smallest I could be I'm not really looking at a number per say, I just want to be a weight where my foot doesn't bother me as much anymore (prior foot injury) so I could be able to exercise, walk, run and have fun like I used to. I'm so obese it's hard to even walk or do simple everyday things. Simple things like tying my shoes are a hassle so I've resorted to shoes with no laces because it's hard for me to reach down and tie them. I could but it's A LOT of work. I just want to be able to get back to life again, but my weight and mobility issues hold me back A LOT. I want a job, to be able to support myself, to be able to exercise and have fun, to find someone or go on dates and feel confident and sexy. Right now my weight has become a very serious problem for me and it's making me not live life like I should be since I am young.

i understand COMPLETELY!! All i ever want to do is sleep or at least lay down. My legs and ankles swell as soon as im on my feet, even sitting. I feel so awful. I hate going in public. Sometimes i see my reflection and think , its not THAT bad. But it IS that bad. I feel so ashamed and i just want to feel healthy and be able to do the same things you've mentioned. In public i smile and force myself to be social and appear to be confident. But when im alone i just want to die. I mean im not suicidal or anything. Its more a figure of speech meaning im so sad and defeated and I feel so gross.

I want to feel alive again.

There are many of you here! Its hard to catch up!!!! :) Hows everyone doing this far?!? I'm so exhausted with all these appointments.. I just met the PA-C and now awaiting my appointments to met the social worker and dietician. Getting closer and closer ( I hope ) lol

Hi all! I had my first dietician appt two weeks ago. Went good! Lots of info to absorb! My insurance is changing at the beginning of the year so I don't know for sure how many appts I'll need. Dec I have psych appt , 2nd dietician appt, and sleep study. I need a secretary to help me remember all these appts!

Hi all! I had my first dietician appt two weeks ago. Went good! Lots of info to absorb! My insurance is changing at the beginning of the year so I don't know for sure how many appts I'll need. Dec I have psych appt , 2nd dietician appt, and sleep study. I need a secretary to help me remember all these appts!

I hear ya! I keep all my appointments in my phone calender with alerts to remind me.. I have at least 3 appts. A week including whatever else... Smh Good luck to you!

I meet with the surgeon last Tuesday and found out I needed to do 6 months, but because I have been with a weight management doctor they are hoping to get me in sometime early April 2017! I really hope so otherwise I will have to postpone till June due to my teaching schedule.

I meet with the surgeon last Tuesday and found out I needed to do 6 months, but because I have been with a weight management doctor they are hoping to get me in sometime early April 2017! I really hope so otherwise I will have to postpone till June due to my teaching schedule.

Where are you located ladybug? ☺

Where are you located ladybug? ☺

I am in santa cruz .you?

Hi. My anticipated surgery date is March 2017 (gastric bypass). My insurance requires six consecutive nutrition classes. I've already had my psych evaluation, GI testing and blood work. My heart and lung tests are scheduled. I was told to begin finding suitable Protein supplements. Have any of you researched Protein shakes? Good lock to you all. I hope to find some friends as we start our journey!