Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fill Question? Ladies only...

Anyone ever get a fill while on her period? I have heard that that time of month can play havoc with restriction. I'm scheduled to see the dr on Wed. am and got my period on Sunday. :rolleyes

I don't have that issue anymore, thank goodness, but it's true that your restriction will become much tighter. Do you think it might behoove you to put it off a week or so?

Blossom, you should be OK ...I was told not to get a fill 1-2 days before your period, since we all retain fluids at that time it would mess with the restriction level, but my Dr. says it is OK if I have started and am 2-3 days into it!

Thanks, Ladies! Michelle, I am glad your dr. had given you those instructions, makes sense to me. I think I will go ahead and keep my Wed. appointment.

I have been banded 2+ years and every month around my period, I typically bloat up 5lbs and do experience tighter restriction. It used to just be for a day before and a day after.My periods are incredible short..always 2 maybe 3 days. Now it seems that I don't get the restricting and bloating until after I start and the restriction can last for a few days after I stop!

I also notice that I do seem to have some restriction change mid cycle around ovulation..not as much as PMS time..but it is noticable. I do try and avoid fills during these two times. I am fairly predictable so I can plan ahead.

Now..having said that..I just started using Dr Billy up in Truckee for my fills..and he changed his schedule on me and bumped me a month..and the ONE weekend he was to be up there was the weekend I started my period. ALSO, being higher in elevation up in Truckee also effects the restriction..so you have to be sensitive to that as well.

Anyway..it MAY effect your fill in only that if you do bloat and it effects your restriction, you may be more restricted than you really are and not get as good a fill.

I also started eating ground flax seed every morning to get my Omega fatty acids in(I don't eat fish at all to get these in)..these help alleviate PMS symptoms and I noticed last month that I did not have my usual 5lb Water gain/loss as I usually do. I will see next month if that was just an anomoly or if the flax seed is helping

Hope that helps!

Patty

Hi Becky...Doing good thanks. Still busy taking care of my mom. She has finally had a Dr be able to tell her about her back. Two fractures in the spine causing all the pain. SO its bed rest for a month and a back brace. If this doesn't work She will face surgery in January.

Also helping clean out my aunts three homes. LOL Why do people need three houses???

And its Christmas Time. Lots of parties and things to do (like chart results from challange which I'm a little behind on but I'll catch up.

...sounds like a lot of things going on for you!! Yikes!!! And yet you still have time to chime in .......and on the Women's thread nonetheless...... :( hopr things work out fine for you...

GREG, YOU NAUGHTY MAN!!!! I should have known you would wind up in here, LOL!!!! But, I guess it's appropriate since you are having period woes, too. :( Ryan, Jack, all you other guys, COME ON IN! I know your lurking out there, LOL!!