Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi guys,

I thought I'd start a new thread to give some reviews of Protein products in the UK. I've found the threads on products on this forum to be really helpful but many of them can't be found over here.

So I've tried a few so far:

Fuel10K - chocolate liquid Breakfast - www.fuel10k.com

Protein per bottle - 20g

Calories per bottle - 294

Tastes nice but a bit high on the calorie side

I bought them on Amazon and also at my local Co-op

For Goodness shakes - Chocolate Protein Nutrition shake - www.forgoodnessshakes.com

Protein per bottle - 20g

Calories per bottle - 144

Tastes good and lowish cals, I have this for breakfast most days

I bought them in Lidl and also on Ocado

Pure Series Bulk powders - vanilla whey powder - www.bulkpowders.co.uk

Protein per 30g serving - 23g

Calories per 30g serving - 125

Really good in a smoothie with milk and a banana. Tastes a bit like vanilla ice-cream.

I found them on amazon, and there is loads of other flavours by this brand.

Pulsin - Soya Protein - Unflavoured soya whey powder - www.pulsin.co.uk

Protein per 10g serving - 9g

Calories per 10g serving - 39

Is unflavoured, gives Soup a little bulk which is weird but is good in porridge.

I found them on Ocado, and was really happy to be able to buy a 250g bag so I wasn't wasting my money on a load if it was crap.

That's all I've tried so far, would love to hear some reviews from others in the UK. This is gonna be a looooooong road so I want to have a bit of a variety :)

Jo x

post-297135-0-65865500-1471118323_thumb.jpg

post-297135-0-59347200-1471118336_thumb.jpg

post-297135-0-09958100-1471118351_thumb.jpg

post-297135-0-66867100-1471118364_thumb.jpg

I love the Pure series. What do you eat for Protein Bars?

I use PhD as well.

I've not had any bars yet though I've looked at loads. What would you recommend?

Don't know...just looking to up my calories as I have really started to work out. Guess just need to go and try some. Wish they did samples here.

Have you tried the P2B peanut powder...add to a chocolate Protein shake...delicious. ..I get it off amazon...like Peanut Butter but no fat

As I don't like shakes I buy Oh Yeah Peanut Butter & Caramel Bars. They taste like Snickers. Heavy on the calorie side so I use them as a Meal Replacement rather than an addition. Or sometimes I'll just have half of one. I've also tried Oh Yeah Celebration Cake, they're ok but I'm not keen on the Jaffa Cake flavour.

Just ordered some different ones which I'll let you know what they are when they arrive as I've completely forgotten what I ordered.

I get mine from Cardiff Sports Nutrition, keen pricing with free, speedy delivery over £20.

Edited by RosieCheeks

Ooh, interesting suggestions! I don't much like Peanut Butter but I do like snickers, so will have to give those bars a try.

This stuff is like a whole new world to me - Protein products were always something just for body builders before I had this surgery (I thought)..

Jo x

I'm not a lover of Peanut Butter but this is ok

Hey all, I have the Nature Valley Protein bars as an afternoon snack. They're only 10g of Protein but I find they help me meet my daily goals and taste either like snickers (chocolate peanut) or maple Syrup (peanut yoghurt). Most supermarkets sell them (although I tend to stock up when they are £2 or below).

As a treat I also like the Eat Natural Protein Bars (peanut and chocolate)- super delicious and coconutty and 10g protein too. A little higher on the calories, but worth it for the taste.

I also picked up some Maxi Nutrition bars from costco, although found these to be the stodgy, powdery kind of bars, which personally make me gag a bit. Other half seems to like them and they come in chocolate caramel flavour.

Also just remembered that we ordered some flapjacks from muscle food which were a bit dense for me but pack an enormous amount of protein into a relatively small portion. Probably best as a Meal Replacement though as I think the calories run to about 250.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I love the Nature Valley bars! I overloaded a bit in 2012 when as gamesmakers we were given them to get us through a shift so I've not had them since. Will definitely have to look them out.

Loads of great suggestions, thanks so much guys!

Jo x

I also have one of the Bulk powder shakes for Breakfast every day, although I ordered four flavours in bulk and man are they getting old!

I've also noticed that Tesco and Sainsburys are pretty good at keeping Protein shakes in the chiller near the milk, and although they are hideously expensive and you have to watch the sugar on some of them, they are good in a bind.

I also ordered some Lavash bread from muscle food, which was really good for fake pizza as it's nice and soft.

Just beware - the sweet treats from muscle food are all DENSE and the last time I tried a Protein waffle it did not end well!

My new bars arrived this morning and I really like them. They are

Optimum Nutrition complete Protein 50g bar - Caramel Crunch (not crunchy)

20g Protein / 170 Cals

Taste a bit like a Cadbury's Fudge Bar.

My local Co-op have started selling these Protein shakes called Acti-shake. They have 172 cals and 25.2g Protein. And best of all they are only £1 - that's the cheapest I've seen anywhere. post-297135-14719675105161_thumb.jpg

Hi guys,

I thought I'd start a new thread to give some reviews of Protein products in the UK. I've found the threads on products on this forum to be really helpful but many of them can't be found over here.

So I've tried a few so far:

Fuel10K - chocolate liquid Breakfast - www.fuel10k.com

Protein per bottle - 20g

Calories per bottle - 294

Tastes nice but a bit high on the calorie side

I bought them on Amazon and also at my local Co-op

For Goodness shakes - chocolate Protein Nutrition shake - www.forgoodnessshakes.com

Protein per bottle - 20g

Calories per bottle - 144

Tastes good and lowish cals, I have this for breakfast most days

I bought them in Lidl and also on Ocado

Pure Series Bulk powders - vanilla whey powder - www.bulkpowders.co.uk

Protein per 30g serving - 23g

Calories per 30g serving - 125

Really good in a smoothie with milk and a banana. Tastes a bit like vanilla ice-cream.

I found them on amazon, and there is loads of other flavours by this brand.

Pulsin - Soya Protein - Unflavoured soya whey powder - www.pulsin.co.uk

Protein per 10g serving - 9g

Calories per 10g serving - 39

Is unflavoured, gives Soup a little bulk which is weird but is good in porridge.

I found them on Ocado, and was really happy to be able to buy a 250g bag so I wasn't wasting my money on a load if it was crap.

That's all I've tried so far, would love to hear some reviews from others in the UK. This is gonna be a looooooong road so I want to have a bit of a variety :)

Jo x

This is helpful! Thank you

Sent from my SM-G920F using the BariatricPal App