female only
Changes after hair loss

46 posts in this topic

I hate to break it to your but if you have curly wavy hair, your hair is just as likely if not more likely to grow back straight. So many of my curly/wavy friends end up with straight hair after having babies. A flood of hormones will change your hair texture.

I've been pregnant 5 times resulting in 3 children ( 2 miscarriages both at 4 months). I was born with a head of ridiculously thick super- curly red hair (thanks to my Italian heritage).

My youngest is 15 and my hair is as curly today as it was when I was a little girl. My saving grace at this point is the hair loss I'm experiencing - which is significant- is not noticeable and has cut my drying and styling time in half. I'm not complaining.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

My mom, btw, has the same hair type- and it didn't change after her pregnancies either.

My guess is it's a crap shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I am 3 months out and just last week is when my hair started falling out ... I mean it's everywhere and I have bold spots

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using the BariatricPal App

I'm notsix months yet but hair started falling out at two months and still coming out. I'm revision and get all my Protein in. I take Biotin and all Vitamins religiously and started nioxin pre revision. I think we all just need to ride out this phase sadly. When did your hair start coming back for those of you further out???

Sent from my XT1254 using the BariatricPal App

I have long mermaid hair. But very dark brunette with a white scalp and it can look patchy up there. I won't use Biotin because I've shelled out for expensive laser hair removal treatments for my body hair and don't want to mess with that progress. I've had great luck with scalp treatments like phytocane in the past when I've had hair loss and am going to try another treatment cycle now at 3 months post op and will let you guys know if it helps my hair look fuller at the root.

Lema and Finally17 like this 2 Like this