Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone. I am 10 days post gastric sleeve. I am looking for post op food suggestions. Next week I get to start eating things like tuna, chicken or egg salad. Steamed veggies and soft fruits. Does anyone have any recommendations? Also, I have been hearing alot about Wendys chili, does anyone else recommend it? Have you tried Wendys chili? Also, tomorrow I am supposed to start on some oatmeal, what was your experience with Quaker minute oatmeal? How about watermelon? I was suppose to start on a moist food diet Tuesday but, was to much of a chicken and today at the doctor they told me I really need to try it. Thank you all.

bodyweight.png?ts=1470979531

Edited by ChunkyMonkeyGoneSlim

Everything you listed should be ok, but just try one new food at a time to see how it goes. Some people have difficulty with eggs early out. Try to make sure they are soft/runny and not dry.

When I was on soft foods I ate a lot of cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, tuna, soft fish, refried Beans, etc. I still eat a lot of these!

Wendy's chili is good.

I eat oatmeal but usually add Protein to it. You can add Protein powder.

Thank you very much Inner Surfer Girl :)

Edited by ChunkyMonkeyGoneSlim

I had RNY gastric bypass surgery, whereas you had sleeve. I found softer foods such as chili and Soups went down much easier that harder foods such as chicken and steak. When I am on the go, I will eat chili and Wendy's, so I recommend it. But after surgery, your body needs time to heal and I think this might be a problem at 2 weeks post-op. So you might have to wait awhile yet.

I developed a high Protein version of chili and Soups that I used after surgery. The recipes are at the end of the following article. I would make up a pot of chili and use it all week. http://www.breadandbutterscience.com/Surgery.pdf

All of those foods sound like they'll be fine if they're permitted on your plan. The only thing I would add is that when you are trying new foods, try a small bite, chew it well, and then wait for a few minutes to try another so you can clearly see how your new sleeve will accept it.

Also, as far as the wendy's chili is concerned, I'm not sure how it is. I would probably elect to make my own instead. You can control what goes in it, make healthier Protein choices (my hunch is that they don't use the leanest beef), and get something that will most likely taste just as good, if not better....and you'll have plenty left over!

There are several recipes out there for "Wendy's style" chili that have been adapted for bariatric patients. Also, look for the ricotta bake if you like italian food. It was a lifesaver for me during the soft food phase.

Congrats on your success so far! Keep it up!

Best of luck!

During that phase of the diet I ate a lot of cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, tuna and chicken salad, cream of wheat, canned soft pears and peaches, applesauce.

As everyone else said, take one food at a time and go very slow and see how it works for you.

I tried eggs which I used to love and it did not work for me. It made me very ill and even two years later still does. I keep trying though.....

Also keep in mind foods that don't sit well today, may a week or a month from now or so.

AND seriously, you will not believe how much can fill you up. Like a half of a scrambled egg. Or a couple tablespoons of Greek yogurt. Don't over-portion. Don't be afraid to back away and not finish. I remember my first container of Greek Yogurt took me Breakfast and lunch to finish.

I craved spicy food and made my own chili as low fat as possible, adding Beans too. It was a staple for me, just 1/2 cup of sipping. Sure curbed my appetite. I was amazed that I was not hungry. Three years later I fight the hunger. Still trying hard.

@

I here ya on the fight the hunger thing. For me it is definately head hunger. I have been through 4 surgeries in the last 12 months my most recent 4 weeks ago. I had an arm lift and I swear, my body keeps begging for more food. This is the first time that it has frustrated me so.....

At least I work hard to give it a bit more Protein or fruits and veggies.....I hope I get healed up soon so my hunger stops. I am tempted to try going on a day or two long liquid Protein run just to see if it detoxes me a bit.

Thank you all so very much. I great appreciate your feedback. I guess it just concerns me that my post op diet is moving so quickly.

bodyweight.png?ts=1471156453

Hello everyone. I am 10 days post gastric sleeve. I am looking for post op food suggestions. Next week I get to start eating things like tuna, chicken or egg salad. Steamed veggies and soft fruits. Does anyone have any recommendations? Also, I have been hearing alot about Wendys chili, does anyone else recommend it? Have you tried Wendys chili? Also, tomorrow I am supposed to start on some oatmeal, what was your experience with Quaker minute oatmeal? How about watermelon? I was suppose to start on a moist food diet Tuesday but, was to much of a chicken and today at the doctor they told me I really need to try it. Thank you all.

I stayed on Protein shakes for the first four weeks. They satisfied me and I didn't want to add back foods like oatmeal and yogurt. I wanted to lose weight and those foods simply weren't relevant with my personal goals. Some folks swear by them. To each his own. That type of stuff simply makes me want more of it and as a result I'd likely sit around and think about food vs. having something healthy that took care of my needs.....and move on and get stuff done until cellphone alarm reminded me hours later it was meal time.

When I resumed food.....one the most helpful foods I found were the foil packs of flavored tuna. They made for great lunches at work. I also found that loved grilled chicken breast, chopped, shredded and very lightly sauced. There are Tyson frozen pre-cooked chicken breasts in the freezer section of the grocery store. Very easy to prepare.

Baked fish was another oft eaten food.

Omelettes, too.

Wendy's chili I did try....was a little concerned about the spice aspects but found that I had zero trouble. It worked just fine.

Hi everybody . I had my surgery on tiradas. Today is day 3.How long you all stay In the liquid diet for after The surgery?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi everybody . I had my surgery on tiradas. Today is day 3.How long you all stay In the liquid diet for after The surgery?

Not the answer you want, but....you just need to follow the instructions your surgeon gave you.