Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Clothing Sizes: What do they even mean anymore?!?!?

That's awesome @@OutsideMatchInside ! At size 12 you can start wearing a lot of the Italian designers. And Chanel.

@@higher

Chanel, Gucci, and hopefully Dior. I can't wait to sit in Saks and Neimans and have them bring me things. I want to wait until my weight is stable but I might get a couple things in the fall, they will always sell on ebay etc.

Sizes are out of control. I have clothes fron sizes L to XS that I currently wear! And pants are everything from a 12 to an 8! So I stick to dresses in stretchy materials when I can.

I've been shopping like mad for the last week or so. We're going on vacation next week and then I'm back to work (middle school teacher) right after we return. I went through my closet and only 4-5 pieces of my wardrobe don't make me look like I'm swimming in my clothes.

I still want to gravitate to the plus size section, even though it's too big. It's hard to retrain your brain...hard but fun! I find myself gravitating towards bright colors and sleeveless tops--something I totally avoided before my surgery. I'm trying to buy versatile pieces that will hopefully see me through a few size changes because, let's face it, a new wardrobe is expensive!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm definitely a pear. A more round-ish pear than I used to be. When I was at my thinnest (size 10) I had a 13-14" difference between my waist and hips. Finding pants to fit me was hellish. My waist has gotten wider so the difference between my waist and hips is only about 10" now, but if I get pants to fit my waist and hips, the thighs are too tight. I'm hoping to shape things up a bit more with this weight loss.

I'm dreading the clothing challenge. I HATE clothes shopping. HATE it. I hate trying things on. I'll buy things I think will fit, then when they don't give them to Goodwill rather than return them. Sizes go all over the place, even within the same store. I hate it. But I have to get over it, because as my sizes change, I'll have to have a few wardrobe pieces that fit at each stage.

I'm planning a lot of drawstring maxi skirts. :/

I found capri's and anything stretchy until it settles in kept me in clothes through this last 8 months... now everything is too big LOL and it is amazing.... maxi dresses are a good idea... I would look for the inexpensive stretchy jeggings and leggings... got me through and sometimes too cold for a dress.. :)

I'm definitely a pear. A more round-ish pear than I used to be. When I was at my thinnest (size 10) I had a 13-14" difference between my waist and hips. Finding pants to fit me was hellish. My waist has gotten wider so the difference between my waist and hips is only about 10" now, but if I get pants to fit my waist and hips, the thighs are too tight. I'm hoping to shape things up a bit more with this weight loss.

I'm dreading the clothing challenge. I HATE clothes shopping. HATE it. I hate trying things on. I'll buy things I think will fit, then when they don't give them to Goodwill rather than return them. Sizes go all over the place, even within the same store. I hate it. But I have to get over it, because as my sizes change, I'll have to have a few wardrobe pieces that fit at each stage.

I'm planning a lot of drawstring maxi skirts. :/

I found capri's and anything stretchy until it settles in kept me in clothes through this last 8 months... now everything is too big LOL and it is amazing.... maxi dresses are a good idea... I would look for the inexpensive stretchy jeggings and leggings... got me through and sometimes too cold for a dress.. :)

@@jenn1 Hi I am also using a cpap, hate it been using it for about 15 years. I've lost a little over 50 lbs I think maybe another 20 before I can stop the dreaded machine. How much did you lose before trying to sleep without yours? Really looking forward to sleeping on my side, thanks!

I have been busy lately and haven't been able to engage in my favorite sport, trying on clothes.

I spent the afternoon trying on jeans. banana Republic fit the best, not sure I want to invest $98 in some jeans that will last me a month or so. I need some jeans for a date, that I will probably end up getting them.

I have been busy lately and haven't been able to engage in my favorite sport, trying on clothes.

I spent the afternoon trying on jeans. banana Republic fit the best, not sure I want to invest $98 in some jeans that will last me a month or so. I need some jeans for a date, that I will probably end up getting them.

Resell them at a consignment place or eBay. If they fit good - it's worth the $.

Yeah, I will probably get them next week and just resell them, I am probably only going to wear them once. It is too hot for jeans but Jeans are the best option for this date I have coming up.

I'm still thrilled to even be in BR. I have some tops, but I haven't been able to fit any bottoms until now.

Edited by OutsideMatchInside

@@OutsideMatchInside - have you tried Old Navy for jeans? I know I thought that was a silly idea but I tried them and really like them! I got the Curvy Cut in straight leg jeans size 10 and they were only $18 after some coupons. Totally worth it! Also for reselling, check out Poshmark.com. I have sold and bought a LOT on there. You can search by brand and size of you know a specific brand that fits.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using the BariatricPal App

@@Daisee68

I haven't been in old navy lately. I will stop in there this week. The curvy jeans there do fit well. I didn't purchase last time I tried some on because it was the beginning of summer, and I knew I wouldn't be wearing them.

Please don't judge me, but I have an honest question for any veterans that might be browsing this topic.

I was a size 18, XL when I started my journey over a year ago- fast forward to the present: I am a Size 0 and struggling to find appropriate clothing for a petite woman in her 40's, that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. It is a "problem" I never thought I'd have. Any advice for anyone out there with this issue? Where do you shop??

I tried on jackets in Sam's club today will grabbing some meat to grill this weekend. I/My family have been members at Sam's for at least 2 decades and I could never fit the clothes there, which was always disappointing because they have real deals.

The size L 12/14 jackets fit me fine (buttoned nicely etc), even though my arms are large and my boobs are ridiculous. I will probably go with that size in the fall. It is nice to be able to grab a large and not have to go for the largest size possible and pray it works.

I am pretty consistently a 12/14 now, so I am going to stop with the 16s and give up on juniors plus.

So now I am completely out of Plus sizes in Womens and Juniors so this is a whole new world.

At 223 pounds I thought I would still solidly be in plus sizes. I think before this is all over I will be a size 8 maybe? I can't even wrap my head around that.

I found the same thing. When I was 24, I lost weight before my wedding and got to 145 lbs and wore a size 8. I am currently 162 lbs and wearing a size 10/medium. I am much thinner now then I was at 160 lbs but I also work out a lot doing heavy weights and boot camp where I just dieted 20 year ago. I am just happy to walk into any store and now there are clothes that fit me. :)