Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Clothing Sizes: What do they even mean anymore?!?!?

@@brandnewme2015 - No judging! Congrats! And I am not near your size but I do feel like a lot of the places I go have 0's, 2's and 4's in the store. I also do a TON of online shopping - or will again once I know the brands I like in the right sizes. Have you tried LOFT? With coupons, it isn't soo bad and they had smaller sizes. Or Macy's and Dillard's have great sales / coupons. I also really like JC Penney's. Wish I could help more!!

Oh, one more suggestion.... go on Poshmark.com and search for clothing in size 0 and see what brands have styles you like then you can go to those stores and try on. Then maybe even order from Poshmark (which is basically online consignment). You can get some great deals on there, but if you aren't sure how certain brands fit, it can be a little tough. (You can always ask the seller questions about measurements though.) Good luck!

I went to Old Navy. Nothing in old Navy feels as good as the banana Republic jeans but since they are about 1/2 to 1/4 the price that is to be expected.

The Rockstar mid rise skinny jeans make my butt look the best. I also feel like I can wear them the longest.

The curvy size is okay, but even in skinny they a close to mom jeans, the butt just isn't as flattering. I might need to go down a size in the curvy.

@@OutsideMatchInside - I wore my curvy fit jeans yesterday and they stretched out A LOT. But still for $18 and a temporary fix (getting my LBL in October and then jeans will fit differently hopefully), it was worth it to me. I haven't tried banana Republic yet though. The Quest goes on! :D

@@Daisee68

The jeans at Banana republic stretch but they hug you so they kind of mask any issues and make the most of what you have, they are a little thicker than the jeans at Old Navy but still soft. I still might get a pair, they were $30 off the other day.

The Rockstar sculpt are pretty awesome. I tried stuff on with no Shapewear on so I can get a real idea how they fit. The rockstar jeans with the sculpt are worth paying a little extra for. The regular rockstars fit good too.

Yeah the curvys seem to have too much stretch.

I think the kid working the dressing room hates me. I tried on 15 pairs of jeans. i always take 2 sizes just to make sure I am not kidding myself on my sizes.

Please don't judge me, but I have an honest question for any veterans that might be browsing this topic.

I was a size 18, XL when I started my journey over a year ago- fast forward to the present: I am a Size 0 and struggling to find appropriate clothing for a petite woman in her 40's, that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. It is a "problem" I never thought I'd have. Any advice for anyone out there with this issue? Where do you shop??

Ross or marshells... are the best place to get decent clothes... I am also 40 and have had some struggles getting clothes that fit.... and I went from a 5 x.... to a 13 14 juniors.... having the worst time getting bras as I dont know my size need to seriously get measured... but Idaho falls is a small town... with not a lot of options :/

Sizes are THE WORST. I've been fitting into some 12s from some brands and some stuff I had at home. I ordered this one dress for a wedding I have next month in a 12 and a 14 to try at home and I couldn't get the 14 past my boobs haha. Barely got it over my head. 2 other dresses (from a different brand) came in the same package in size 14 and I was drowning in them. Back they all go.

Basically, nothing looks good unless it's fitted but I don't want to spend a ton on new clothes while I'm losing. Plus, stuff that's fitted now hopefully won't be fitted in a few months. I'm gonna wear all my too big clothes for a few more weeks and reevaluate. I just feel like loose clothes don't highlight the weight loss and all around look kind of sloppy. It's a struggle.

I bought a belt and various sizes and a lot of stretchy type stuff... so it doesn't look so bad leggings.... with longer shirts look decent enough most of the time.. I am pretty sure I have never used a belt before now... like you 12 14... and I might even be able to go smaller it just depends on what I buy bought a pair of sweats ( winters coming in an xl and too big the large fits the med fits go figure different styles different brands... i figure try everything on at this point cos there is not a one actual size... since every single brand varies and they suck for it uggg